PDA

View Full Version : What Makes a hairstyle Feminine?

CharleyDC
07-23-2007, 06:29 PM
Hi all - been thinking lately what makes a hairstyle feminine-have been growing my hair longer lately and it is just at the top of my shoulders although it is layered so not all is there. My objective now is to keep it at this length and let the layers grow out - then I want to let it go beyond the top of my shoulders.

The other thing I had done today was to have my normally washed out brown color bleached to a light blond which I really love - the color compliments my tanned skin - from my work outside all summer. Also got 2 more piercings in both ears so I have a small gold ring and 2 diamond studs in each.

My stylist told me today that if he blunt cuts the back it would look very feminine and he was worried about the look - I had toldto him what I wanted to do and my objective but he really was hesitant. I politely told him that's what I want and to cut it the way I wanted it. But the thing is that his comments still left me wondering whether I am wrong or whether zI should risk having others think the same thing.

Any Thoughts?

AllieSF
07-23-2007, 06:37 PM
If you trust your hairdresser, that is what they are trained for - advice and styling for the best look to fit the face and natural colorings. One way to look at it, if you let him give you his recommended femme do, you can try it and if you don't like it, let it grow out like you want. It is only a potential delay in getting yourself longer natural hair. The upside is that you may find that you like his styling idea now versus later, or at least it may give you other styling ideas.

For a woman the difference between a good and bad haircut and styling is a few weeks. For a man it is only 2 weeks! Good luck on your decision.

Karren H
07-23-2007, 07:47 PM
I agree with my good friend Aluchi on this one....

Just got my hair sheered.. Cooler under my wigs!! And for me long thin male hair does not make for nice fem looking hair!! And I love the fact that I can change my look with a different wig when ever I want...

Any hairstyle worn on an atractive woman is a feminine hairstyle... even crew cuts and shaved heads...

Karren

Country girl
07-23-2007, 08:47 PM
I was going to post that any style on the right woman looks good, but Karren beat me to it. I agree though that if you trust your stylist and you have a nice thick head of hair, then go for it. If you don't like it, it will grow out. Something all woman, and I dare say most men have learned in life is the one thing that is for certain about a bad haircut is, it will grow out. Good luck with your new style! :hugs: CG GG

sammie
07-23-2007, 09:27 PM
A bad hair day can bring me way down,esp.en fem. I may try a extension or a nice wig.Still being male physically and mentally, gfs need all the help we can get.And i must say that we love it when it's offered.

Ema1234 GG
07-24-2007, 04:59 AM
It's very hard to give you any specific advice without actually seeing your hair so the best thing I can say is to trust your stylist. If you don't, then perhaps you need to find another.

As a general comment though, I think the most important thing that will make it look like a female hair style is not the particular cut, but the condition of the hair. Whenever I see guys with long hair it is ALWAYS in awful condition. Having long hair, day in and day out is not an easy option. My hair is about 3 or 4 inches below my bra strap and to keep it shiny and well styled takes up a lot of my free time.

So in essence, a woman can look amazing in any number of different hairstyles so long as her hair is in fantastic condition!

And I hate to burst your bubble, and I'm sure your new colour looks fantastic but colouring your hair really dries it out. Just make sure you keep using intensive conditioners.