PDA

View Full Version : Witnessed Something for the First Time

Rainbow GG
07-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey everyone,

I haven't had a lot of posts since I joined this forum, but I have been so busy lately. Anyway, I am her because my SO CD's. I accept him and support him through everything, and his CDing is actually something I enjoy with him as well. I am very curius to learn more about it, and I have been since I've been her,e reading all the posts and threads.

Tonight I was in Target and I was walking past the makeup aisle, and as I did so, I turned my heard towards it and saw a man standing there, alone looking at all the makeup. He was looking at it all and reading the packages very well. I can't say 100% that he is a CD, but I believe that he probably is, and it was just amazing to see him shopping, not even flinching when I walked down the aisle.

That was the first time I've ever seen a man shopping for anything like that, except for when me n my SO are out shopping together (hes still very quiet about it yet).

I guess what I am asking all of you ladies out there, is that if and when you do go shopping for makeup, or anything else, like bras, panties, clothing in general, etc., how do you go about it? Do you just walk in there an go down the aisles and do your thing and not care about other people? or are you more cautious and try to hide what you are doing?

:p Rainbow :heehee:

julie08
07-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, yesterday was the first time I bought anything not online. I first went to WalMart, and the first place I went by was the makeup. Since there were people there, I kept going and pretended to look at other stuff. A few minutes later I went back down and since nobody was there, did some very quick shopping and left.

Today I went to Walgreens and was a little less nervous. I was looking for makeup remover. I couldn't find it and the lady asked if I needed help. I actually asked her where it was and she showed me, but thinking it was for my wife (at least that what she lead me to believe).

It's no big deal and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Clothing on the other hand might take a little bit to get the courage up for. I haven't done that yet.

Nylonkaren
07-23-2007, 10:12 PM
I tend to shop and mix things up. Some male, some female and that way I think they just fogure it is for my wife as well. I have bought only feminine things a few times, but while travelling and feeling like an unknown in that town.

Glenda58
07-23-2007, 10:14 PM
When I first started I would walk up when no one was around. Then I start getting the nerve to buy cloths and say they were for my wife. Now I go dressed and shop for everything. Try things on in the fitting rooms. Get makeup from Estee counter with the SA helping me with what colors look good on me.
So I guest I just grew into buying things.

teresa jeen
07-23-2007, 10:18 PM
my wife and i enjoy the thrift store, her for clothes me for tools,shelves and such. after about third time waiting for her {UGH} i went with her and started telling her how pretty this was or how it wouldnt fit me anyway she figured it out and now we go shopping all the time.she still hasnt seen me enfem but with a 7 yr old g-dau. its hard to say. we have been married 37 yrs. (actually 7 ) but we both feel we have been togther for 57 or was it 37. love you clyde!!!

pattysues
07-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I can say for my self, yesterday that I talked to two different sales girls to see if they had my size in thong type sandles. I asked the first girl if they had a set on the wall in a size 11, she said you know these are ladies. I responded with yes. And told her what I was looking for. The second girl at a ladies foot locker said she has a had a few guys come in and buy shoes. This was with my wife and youngest son with me. But I have bought a dress or two by my self. Neither girl seemed to care and were nice about helping.

Bobbie cd
07-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Hi Rainbow,

It can be pretty daunting for those of us raised with the traditional concept of what a guy should be to go into a store and buy feminine items. Most of us start off slow, skulking about whenever the aisles seem empty. Of course, most of these stores have security cameras watching the place at all times anyway, so chances are someone is watching at any given time even if no other customers are in the aisle.

Eventually, though, we come to accept what the more experienced shoppers here (like our heroine, Karren Hutton) have said, which is that the stores just want our money. They generally just don't care who buys what, as long as your credit card authorizes or you have enough cash.

And if some other busybody in line wants to snicker about what you are buying, who cares? If it isn't someone you know, why should it bother you what they think? Just tell them to reel their nose back into their own business and stay out of yours!

sandra-leigh
07-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I guess what I am asking all of you ladies out there, is that if and when you do go shopping for makeup, or anything else, like bras, panties, clothing in general, etc., how do you go about it? Do you just walk in there an go down the aisles and do your thing and not care about other people? or are you more cautious and try to hide what you are doing?

You can tell when I'm shopping for womens' clothes because I'm looking at the clothes more carefully than most women do :heehee:

I don't quite shop "like I own the place", but I don't hide what I'm looking at (or looking for), and I'm too busy looking at the merchandise to worry about who might be watching.

About the only exception is "intimates": there are relatively few place so-far that I've felt comfortable in asking to try on bras, or bustiers or the like, and I don't think I've ever asked to try on panties. I don't hide that I'm looking at them, and will ask SA's if I don't see the styles I'm looking for {*}, but taking it from there to asking to try on is not the easiest step. Along the same lines, I found it a bit tough to "look seriously" through the womens' bathing suits until I made up my mind that I was Just Going To Do It: once I'd convinced myself to start looking, I didn't have any problem. (Once started, I even went to a swimwear specialty store that was mostly womens' suits -- and was given perfectly reasonable assistance in choosing a one-piece.)

{*} If it's a department store, chances are that if I ask about a style, I'll have to explain what it is -- the young clerks especially just know how to sell what they have in stock, and don't usually know very much about bras!

Kate Simmons
07-23-2007, 10:49 PM
I usually just get what I want matter-of-factly and think nothing of it really. I don't think of it being any stranger for a man to be looking at makeup and lingerie that I would of a woman looking at tools in the hardware section. Just me maybe.

Sheri 4242
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
I just shop. Period. If an SA asks if I need some help, I usually say no b/c I usually don't. BUT, if I do need help, I'll ask. No big deal!!!

Oh, ok, some of you will recall my story about the time in Atlanta where I was in a "give 'em a shock mode" and told this SA at The Gap -- who had complimented my choice of a skirt "for my wife" (her words) and could she help me find a couple of tops that would go with it -- that just why did she think the skirt was for my wife and not me?!!! After she was through blushing, she went right to helping me pick out several tops I hadn't seen, and another skirt. Don't know if she worked on commission, or was just judged by poduction, but it had to be a big day on her sales number!!! (I like the "shock 'em" mode every now and then.)

Normally, I just go quietly about my business. Just yesterday I was shopping in Victoria's Secret. Had one SA ask if I needed any help, which I politely refused.

IMO, those who make up excuses make themselves obvious to SA'a and those of us who might be shopping for the same reason -- so that is one thing I quit doing years ago -- I mean, the SA's have heard it all, so I think it would be a dead give-away if, when a SA walked up, you immediately launched into anything like, "I'm shopping for my ______."

Hey, it truly is NO big deal!!! That said, my wife and I have become more active in watching people over the last few years. When I was through at VS yesterday, I walked down the mall and met my wife at Macys (where we got two great dresses -- one for each of us -- on sale). Anyway, my wife was telling me about this guy that had been shopping in there the whole time she had been shopping and how he was just too insistent to explain to the SA's why he was shopping for feminine clothing. She said she was positive he was shopping for himself just b/c of his over-the-top demeanor.

My best advice: shop! It is no different than if your wife went into the men's department and shopped for pants or shirts, or underwear. Nobody would think a thing of it!

sandyl2sc
07-23-2007, 11:03 PM
While I don't buy makeup,(have mustache and goatee) I do buy nail polish and perfume at the drug stores. I have no qualm about buying intimates at department stores. However i haven't got the nerve yet to try on bra's, I know my pantie and bra sizes so I figure they will fit. I buy my shoes at stores like Target and Payless (SO says I am a cheap *******); yes my SO knows i dress. I figure that many SA figure I am buying things for my SO or gal friend. I think sometimes when a guy is buying womens clothes his attitude may give him away. just my :2c:

PS I love to lose the facial hair but its part of my persona at work; one has to eat.

monika40
07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Dear Rainbow,
In the beginning, I believe it is hard for a guy to buy girls clothes, especially intimates. However, once you get over the fact that the store doesn't care what you purchase, they just care that you pay for it, it becomes very easy.
So, go out get what you need and enjoy.
Monika40

teresa jeen
07-23-2007, 11:19 PM
me too sandy if i could i would. thrift stores are the best thing invented!!! you can roam and brouse all you want, model them and giggle to your hearts content,why pay retail when the starvation army has what you want at a much cheeper price.(notihng against the SA.)live life for today tomorrow isnt promised!!!!

Stephenie S
07-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Most of us feel soooo alone at first, but as we gain experience we realize that we are not alone and that most SA (because they are there all day, everyday) have seen it all and heard all the excuses and just bloody DON'T CARE, we get used to just shopping. We have EVERY right to shop for ANYTHING we want, at ANY time, ANY where. So, after a while it just becomes second nature and many of us just get up in the morning, put on our clothes, have breakfast, and go shopping.

After a while you get to know how to shop. Many, many men have NEVER shopped for clothes. Their mothers buy them clothes until they get married, and then their wives buy them clothes. So to ask them to go into a lingerie department and shop for a bra is a bit of a stretch. But after a while you get to knoe what to do and how to do it. Especially if you really want that pink pushup bra. How else are you going to get it if you don't go into the store and ask for it. Most women grow up learning how to shop. Many men don't, so be patient.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Julogden
07-23-2007, 11:58 PM
When I was more active, lived in the city (Chicago), I just went about my business, bought what I wanted, whenever or wherever I wanted. There used to be a chain of stores called Cosmetic Center, if I recall correctly (or something like that), I was one of their best customers, must have bought a couple tons of makeup there over the years.

I don't dress much now, so I don't buy that much stuff, 99.9% is purchased on-line, it's so convenient, I can't help myself.

But if there's something I want from a local store, I just go buy it.

Carol

Linda C
07-24-2007, 12:04 AM
When I first started reading this post - I thought that it might be me - but it wasn't. I went into Target today a bought some makeup and a mini-dress and I notice some GG's looking at me - but if you move quick - nobody really notices - I think?

Angie G
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Well I just go in and do it when my wife and I go shopping I pick things out for me like threr for my i don't care :hugs:
Angie

Sweet Jane
07-24-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi..does anyone ever notice...well yes we do, because we a "tuned in" to things like this, but others just really are just getting on with life. I often buy makeup, underwear and clothes, and no one ever gives me a second look...I think we feel far more vulnerable than possibly we should..maybe we should just get out there and get on with it!!

Stephanie-L
07-24-2007, 01:22 AM
I was in my fave store yesterday (Avenue) and decided I had been a good girl and deserved a new outfit. I went around the store and picked out a skirt, cami, and top. The SA asked me if I needed any help and I said no. When I had picked out everything I tracked down the SA and asked to try them on. She didn't even blink, said "Of course" and led me to a dressing room. I tried everything on, found that I needed the larger of the two skirts I had brought in (blech) folded everything up, got dressed in my drab clothes and headed to the counter. I was sidetracked by a cute pair of red peep toe pumps with a low heel that I had to try on, found a pair that fit well, and threw them on the pile. When I got to the counter the SA treated me the same as all of her other (female) customers, rang me up, and off I went. The good news was that everything was on sale and I paid about half of what I was expecting. This is the same store where another SA has given me advice on finding a skirt I was looking for that they didn't carry, but a competitor did. All of this has taken place while I was in drab, and obviously shopping for myself. The more experience I gain in shopping the less nervous I get.....Stephanie

Kiera20mi
07-24-2007, 01:24 AM
Still working up the courage to go out dressed. Hopefully i can muster up some courage!!

valery
07-24-2007, 02:15 AM
When you buy one piece of womens clothes or lingerie the people will think that you buy it for your wife or girlfriend. O.K. the saleswoman might get the story by the dress size. Nearly the same story with make up - my experience:
- one lipstick = no problem, they won't even notice you
- standing in the line with a handful (that's me, I can't help doing it) of powders, lipsticks and eye-shadows etc. = some people will have a closer look at you trying to figure it out.

When I started to buy my own stuff I usually only bought on piece at the same time because of that experience and I also did play along when the saleswoman tried to help me to find the right thing for my "girlfriend".:D
Today I usually try to go out for shopping at the right time when the shops are not so full and often I drive to a different city - feel much more free then. For my make-up I found a small drugstore in my neighborhood. They found out about me (different story) but as there are only open-minded, lovable girls working there supporting and protecting me I don't have to make a tour for my make up since that time. It's interesting to see, that if the saleswoman is dealing with this sitiuation as if everything is normal, nobody will notice you.

Buying clothes is always a trouble-situation for me with the fear to be caught red-handed. I'm very particular in my search and also like to look through the whole collection, so grab, pay and run is no option for me and I usually can't help but buying much more than one article. I never try anything on. So when I pay at the cash desk with plenty pieces of cloth or lingerie in my hands the saleswoman and also the people around will get the story. In a foreign city I don't care about and on a good day >when I toy with the idea: "O.K. get caught in a trap and put it finally behind you"< I don't even care in my hometown. Good-natured salesperson often know how to handle such sitiuations, these are the right shops to put on the personal leaflet.

I think lots of CDs buy all their stuff online - I don't because I wanna have a close look to find out about quality and feel before I buy it.

Mollyanne
07-24-2007, 02:26 AM
Me personally, I just shop for what I need(want), I really don't care what other think. For example; I went into Macy's last week for three pairs of pantyhose(Hanes Silk Reflections) I found my size and color and went to pay for them. When the salesgirl was ringing them up she said to me "Are these for your wife(smirk on her face) I looked her straight in the eye and said"No, these are for me". She appeared alittle stunned but finished the sale. I walked away feeling really satisfied, oh yes I also stopped by the lingerie section and bought panties and matching bras.

:love: Mollyanne

RobertaFermina
07-24-2007, 02:32 AM
I am so done with looking over my shoulder and worrying.

I have done the ordeal of going to an SA for advice on makeup enough to transform it into a fun way to connect with people who are there to help.

I am a valued customer, and I shop like one !

When I am dressed, I shop with even more confidence !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

SatinDoll00
07-24-2007, 02:57 AM
I manage a high-end retail store. My particular product line doesn't really lend itself to gender...but I know many retail managers and assistant managers and so forth. I asked a friend of mine that manages a Journeys (great casual shoes...PROPS!) if she, or anyone else, really gave it a thought as to whether males were purchasing for themselves or SOs. She basically said they don't care one way or the other. They work on mostly comission, so you could be buying shoes for Osama Bin Laden and they wouldn't care. :)

Most stores assume that you are buying for someone else when you are in drab...unless it is obvious, or you make it so.

She did tell me that guys that come in enfemme are not too uncommon, but that she or her staff would never make a big deal out of it.

Considering the experience I had at a local shoe store today...I am not so sure I believe her, but I must admit, I have a slight crush on this particular lady (goddess, she is the hottest thing I have ever seen), so I believe anything she tells me ;)

*for the record, I am married and would NEVER cheat on my wife.

Morgan

...one lesson I have learned...working in a mall.

Don't Sh*t where you eat.

I have completely stopped shopping at the mall I work in for fem items. Loose tongues do wag.

Morgan

psion128
07-24-2007, 04:30 AM
I've actually bought clothes at the walmart before. I would buy men's boxers and right along side of it, would be a pack or 2 of panties. I don't think the cashier really paid any attention because I could of been buying that for myself and a family member or what not.
I'm less anxious about buying from a retail store if I am buying for my "normal" attire along with what ever femme clothes I'm getting.

JoAnnDallas
07-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Back in May, I went to Walmart and bought a complete new outfit. Skort, top, pantyhose, shoes, earrings, neckless, watch, and makeup. When I checked out, I did not have one drab item at all. The checker did not even lift an eyebrow. She did comment about how nice the skirt was until I told her it was a skort. Then she said that she may have to take a look at them. She rung me up, I paid, and said have a nice day.

Kandi
07-24-2007, 09:04 AM
yesterday the oppurtunity to go in payless was too tempting. Dressed in drab I entered and noticed only one SA. I went about trying on several pairs of heels and flats and she turned the corner while I had on a great pair of 4" black heels. I smiled and proceded to tell her alittle about crossdressing. She was very pleasant and told me she wished more men could show there other side. I walked out wiith a pair of flats that I plan on wearing to Atlantas' Southern Comfort Conferennce!!

Wendy me
07-24-2007, 09:13 AM
omg lol shopping lol..... OK i am not shy ... see a long time ago i got to thinking if i want something then i need to just go out and get it .....oh i get the looks from time to time .... who cares .....no bigge......

traceyanne
07-24-2007, 09:27 AM
hi rainbow

when i first started dressing i used to be very nervous when i was in shops, but now i doesnt bother me in the least, people can think what they want.
was in marks last week to get my wife a pres. browsed through the lingerie section and picked what i wanted.
went up to counter and put my stuff up, pair of french knickers and a lacey bra size 18 and 40dd, picked a bra and pantie set for myself , size 16 and 38b.
lady at counter points out the difference in sizes, she thought i had made a mistake when picking them, but i told her the larger size was for my wife and the smaller size was for myself, she just laughed and said sorry at least your honest and why not, your not the first and wont be last. as i paid for them she says i hope you enjoy them as they are really pretty, i just smilled and said thanks and i will. no probs/ no embarrasment.

traceyanne

Slip Affinity
07-24-2007, 09:46 AM
I have no problem shopping for what I want whether it be for my male self or my female self. The only thing that ever did bother me was when I had to go to the store for that "pink box" for my better half.

paulaN
07-24-2007, 09:52 AM
I have learned to "just do it". If I want or need something I just get it. I do get a little nervous sometimes, but I still get what I need. 99% of the time I am drab (boo hooo). Also most times I do not try things on. I have not gotten that much courage yet. And after all of these years I know my sizes pretty well. So my advice to all cd'ers out there is "just do it". If anything should happen as in some form of embarrassment to you or a sales rep. everyone will get over it rather quickly And you bought what you wanted. Have fun with it.

Plain Jane GG
07-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Just a GG :2c:

If you try explaining "For my wife" "My wife is in a meeting and broke her heel, called and asked me to get her new shoes" "The dog ate all of her clothes and I need to replace them before she get home" whatever you say the SA's are going to pay attention. Just shop with no story and they won't think anything about it.

You will have the times that someone will make a rude comment. But as an overweight women I have felt looked at in a store for picking out things. We lived in an area that was more upscale and I would feel that they looked at me like I could not afford to shop there. Rude SA's are out there and we can't stop that.

The more you shop to better you will get at it.

I just wish I got some of the things that "For the wife" :laughing:
Years ago Chelsea bought me a nightshirt for X-Mas that I would have had to gain 75 pounds to wear. Now I realize she had no excuse for that. The next present better fit me.

Plain Jane

MsPriscilla
07-24-2007, 10:16 AM
The 'for my wife' thing works - perhaps - for lingerie, but less likely for a skirt, top or dress, and not at all for heels. I can't think of any circumstance where a GG would ask her male partner to go and buy shoes for her. And of course, the whole 'story' falls apart if he tries them on.

So...................................... I just love shopping for heels. I have only ever done it in drab. The 'sissy' in me enjoys, if that is the right word, the attention I get when i am trying on heels. This varies from looks, giggles, whispered conversations, to total ignoring. Three highlights of my heel shopping:

once I found a range of mules on sale, but only one colour in my size on display, so i asked the SA if they had white as i wanted. She hurried away, broguht me back a pair, and then watched and waited as I tried them on and walked around the crowded shop. No giggles, rude comments, nothing. Very professional.

Another time I was trying on boots, and the SA asked if I wanted pop socks to try them with, but I told her i was already wearing pantihose. No further reaction.

Thirdly, I tried on and bought a pair of court shoes. At the checkout, the cashier complimented me on my nails that were painted bronze. I squirmed with the pleasure of it.

But for those who haven't tried shopping direct and trying on things, please do it. As most other girls have said, the SA's have seen it all before, and are most unlikely to embarrass you ( personally I regret that!!!). My best experience was trying on a basque in a specialist corsetry shop, and having one of the SA's come to see the fit, help me into it, and then go and get me another size.

Priscilla

tammie
07-24-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi Everyone: i once tried on heels in a Payless shoe store. The young SA was watching me with this amazed look on her face.
I looked at her and smiled and said, "believe it or not we were the same size shoes".

That was in fact true, and although I didn't say they were for her (my X) she was comforted by thinking that perhaps I was buying shoes for my then amazon dominate wife who told me to buy myself a pair of black hi heels and have them on when she came home from work.

Along with a black bra panties slip thigh high stockings and makeup. Also to have dinner ready for her.

CheriTV2006
07-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Hi Rainbow, I have to psych myself up to shop. At first I have to use kind of a personal "anger crutch" in that I have to think of all the negativity that's been directed to me in the past, either by relatives or others ... this gives me a psychological boost in that I feel as though I'm gonna "give the world a piece of my mind! And I'm willing to break all barriers!" This sounds like alot, but it works for me. Also, I do get somewhat of a sexual boost from buying this stuff and also a kind of "female affirmation" from this. I also end up with a great feeling of satisfaction when I find that the salespeople are very helpful in all instances so far. It took me a very long time to overcome my fears beforehand. Cheri.

Mitch23
07-24-2007, 11:39 AM
Your radar is a little more in tune - you probably would have not even entertained the thought in the past. Look around you'll see loads more situations like that

Mitch

Claudia Zylindrias
07-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I really just shop for whatever it is i need or want. I do often correct SA's when they ask me if I need help sizing my wife/girlfriend. I will say usually that its for me and that i looking for size... Lucky enough I live in a place that believe they have seen it and done it all. So often enough, even when i'm in drab i may wear a kilt or a skirt. No body evens gives me a second thought. As long as i'm not crass or obnoxius, i say let freedom ring. Or at least the credit card beep...

Claudia

BarbaraTalbot
07-24-2007, 03:26 PM
I had decided I needed some make-up to complete the look so I could show her. I was feeling brave so I went to the Walgreens within walking distance of my house. I was nervously looking over make-up when the cosmetics counter lady came over and offered to help.

I gave this excuse that my wife sent me in for some concealer and I was trying to remember what brand she said to get. I went so far as to get on the phone and pretend to call her to ask. I pretended she didnt answer. I had a brain flash when she asked what shade of skin she had. I said, well, she has very similar coloring to mine, only less weatherbeaten. I showed her the underside of my forearm and had her help me get a match!

Brilliant!

Funny though, a couple of weeks later feeling all warm with my wifes acceptance, I went back and marched up to the same lady and asked for help finding cuticle softener and orange sticks, explaining that my wife and I were going to have a spa day and do pedicures. That was when I was in the blossom of sunlight just out of the closet and wanting EVERY sales clerk to notice. I am back to a little more circumspect.

I once noticed a GG looking sort of curiously out of the corner of her eye as I browsed women's shorts. So I struck up a conversation, never said anything about them being for me, but I asked for and got help with locating where the activewear tops were.

Couple of more stories Ive mentioned here before and lengthily on my Blog about shopping and being frank with sales associates. Once for bra's at Target, and once for shoes at an Hispanic clothing store.

Ruth
07-24-2007, 04:30 PM
Like others have said, you get used to it. I can remember being a bag of nerves when I bought my first dress. Nowadays I just go in and get what I want, don't offer any explanations. As long as you are smiling and civil and pay your money, SAs are really not interested in your story.
I'm probably more nervous when shopping enfemme than when in drab. But this is because I'm concerned that my appearance is OK and my actions are "in character", something that doesn't affect me in drab.

Fab Karen
07-24-2007, 05:00 PM
It has to do with experience & getting comfortable with yourself. I shop plenty in male mode for femme things, whether make-up or lingerie or heels. I just walk in find what I want- what others think isn't important.
As a tangent, I can remember being a young boy & wondering why all the pretty clothes were made for women, all those colors.:happy:

...my then amazon dominate wife who told me to buy myself a pair of black hi heels and have them on when she came home from work.

Along with a black bra panties slip thigh high stockings and makeup. Also to have dinner ready for her.
Talk about a compromise with the wife! :D

carol ann
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I have no problems or hang-ups about looking at the make-up, lingerie or clothes but do try and make sure that there are no customers around that I recognise ( just in case it came up in conversation in social life when wife around)

sammie
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
We do the same as u hon;sometimes with a red face.lol Seriously speaking for myself,I happen to love shopping so much that i sometimes forget i'm a boy! A few (many) years ago it would really bother me because i was afraid of what people thought and thats really the main problem for a transgenderd person like me.No one likes to be odd girl out! It's just a matter of pride i guess.I still find myself embarrassed at times,but for the most part i just think of shopping for girlie things i need as part of life in paradise.And for me that means shopping,shopping,shopping.

Kristen Marie
07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
I sometimes use pictures as a crutch to get help get the conversation going. Something like I'm having some photos taken this weekend and am looking for some lipstick to go with this outfit. Can you help me?

I show her one or two photos and I have never had anything but a great time with the sales associate. I think being mentally preared for some verbal encounter helps so much. I just can't make up stuff and make it sound real.

Donna506
07-24-2007, 07:32 PM
I have only recently started buying wardrobe items. It all started about 3 months ago when I had a pedicure and manicure. I then went to Target, Kohl's, and two Payless stores. In the first store, Target, I aked the SA manning the dressing room if she would be adverse to helping a CDer shop for lingerie? I told her if she were not comfortable helping me, would she recommend someone else. She seemed eager to help me pick out panties, bras, and a few other items. She suggested I use the Women's Dressing Room to try them on to make sure they fit. I did and she stayed nearby to help me if I needed it. At Kohl's, I did not ask for help. I just found my sizes and checked out. When I went to Payless, I asked the young lady SA if she ever helped CDers with shoes. She told me many men come in to buy shoes for Pagents. I told her they were for me. She showed me the shoes in my size and suggested I wear the footies. She recommended going to another Payless several miles away that had a larger selection of large sizes. This time there were two young lady SAs and I told them I was a CDer. No problems with either Payless.

Since then, I have had a makeover at a M.A.C. counter in a local mall. This time I was in jeans, top, ladies shoes, and no wig for nearly two hours while the one SA did me and helped other customers. After she finished, I put the wig on and walked the mall. When I first went in I had a male Aloha shirt over my top and male sneekers. I removed both for the makeover. Did I mention that the counter was next to the Women's Shoe Department and they were having a big sale? I must have been seen by nearly everyone who came to the sale.

Since then, I have been back to Payless several times. The SA on duty the last several times was a guy, probably in his mid 30s. He has no problem with me shopping for shoes.

I guess the bottom line for me is to be honest with the SAs. They won't have to guess and will admire your honesty. It will also give them the opportunity to personally meet a CDer in male mode and realize that he is just like other normal people.

I have abbreviated my experiences here. If you want to read my more detailed posts about shopping and makeover, look in previous posts I have made.

Charleen
07-24-2007, 07:49 PM
I've bought most in drab, though last week I needed new makeup and went full Lily. No problem in either case!

Amber82
07-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Donna506 being that we are both from raleigh I could really use some advice on shopping out and going out in CD form since you sound like your getting the hang of it pretty good, such as friendly places, not so friendly places, etc. My wife and I want to go out with me in CD form to a mall or something and shopping for clothes but have tons of questions that I just think it would be very helpful to have another local CD'r to ask for advice from, if you think you might be willing to help out send me a PM and maybe we can exchange a few ideas i have about places and maybe chat so I can ask more questions if you have the time. Thanks in advance.

Amber

Claudia Zylindrias
07-24-2007, 09:22 PM
i go a new tank top and the best mascara and eyeliner ever from Rimmel, also some cute sandals to show off the french pedicure i gave myself this past weekend.

love u all
claudia

Staci
07-24-2007, 09:31 PM
I just go in and buy what I want. I figure that if women can go into a mens area and just look around that men should be able to go into the womens area and do the same. Once in a while I get a funny look from someone but very rarely. Yesterday I was in a store that had clothing and hardware etc. I picked up a pretty blouse that was on sale and then went to find the screws and insulation I needed for a project while carrying the pretty blouse. Just go for it. The only one that thinks it is unusual most of the time is you/us.

Country girl
07-24-2007, 09:38 PM
Rainbow, when my ex and I were still together we would go shopping together and I would always buy everything for him. I would pretend to look at something and he would tell me if he liked the style or not, ie panties and bras, and then I would get the right size for him and we would go check out together and pay. If he ever got nervous due to the size I would always comment about how I was pretty sure these would fit my sister or daughter, blah, blah, blah, for the benefit of the saleslady. It always seemed to work and no one ever gave us a strange or funny look. :hugs: CG GG

DAVIDA
07-24-2007, 09:47 PM
I do not shop dressed, but I have way too much fun shopping to care what others think. I have had the SA at payless tell me about the days they get their shipments in, because the selection is better.

angelfire
07-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Never been out en femme, but I have bought stuff in drab. Infact, thats basically how I shop. I don't buy stuff online.

Usually I start by quickly scouting out the store I'm in to make sure no one I know is there. Better safe than sorry (I once went into a sex shop with a friend, and ran into 2 people I knew. That was just flat out awkward. Then, I kinda hang out across from the section I want to look at. Either that, or I walk through the isle as though I were going to the section on the other side, and look around on the way. Wait for there to be either no one, or just 1 or 2 people, then I go in, get what I need, and get out of the section as fast as I can. Thats how I generally do it at department stores. Mind you, after a certain point I just don't care, and totally ignore everything around me.

Thrift stores are different. If they are relatively empty, I take my time and look around casually. If they are packed, I do the same as department stores.

I'm way more cautious than I really need to be. And probably still just as nervous doing it.

Sara316
07-24-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't try to hide what I'm doing. That would be hard to do anyway when you're taking bras off the rack and examining them. I've sometimes gotten looks in stores like Target or Wal-Mart, but not in "higher clsss" stores like Dillards or Macys.

Roxi Loh
07-25-2007, 12:14 AM
While I am not too sheepish about buying makeup...self checkout makes the whole process very incredible. Try it and you will like it a lot...

JoAnnDallas
07-25-2007, 08:45 AM
I used to steathly shop in the woman's area of a store. Not anymore. Now I just go and shop. No one seems to care that I'm a man in the woman's area. I have had GG's, SA's just smile at me and fi the checkout person is a GG, still no reaction.

Maureen Henley
07-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Hi..does anyone ever notice...well yes we do, because we a "tuned in" to things like this, but others just really are just getting on with life. I often buy makeup, underwear and clothes, and no one ever gives me a second look...I think we feel far more vulnerable than possibly we should..maybe we should just get out there and get on with it!!

Jane, you hit this one right on the head. WE (cd's and so's) notice these things because we're very conscious of them. I began shaving my legs about 5 or six years ago, and I always wear shorts when camping. Has anyone noticed? well, if they hae, they haven't commented. I keep my nails as long as as possible, and have had no comments about that, either. I really don't think most people pay attention to what's happening around them. If one is attuned to something, one notices that thing, but the great majority just putter along in their own little worlds.

Be yourself, be self confident without being arrogant, be polite, and you will be fine. Be furtive, nervous, or "in your face", and you'll be noticed.