PDA

View Full Version : Oh No, NOT another shopping topic

Phyliss
07-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Well, yes it is, but with a different question than the usual, "what do you buy, where do you shop" kinda thing.

This question is more directed at those of us who do most of our shopping in "drab". Now, I've probably done more "shopping" in drab than "dressed" At this point in my life, it doesn't bother me at all to go into a store looking for something "special". Mostly because I've taken the time to get to know the SAs and which stores I feel comfortable in. Plus there is less chance of having my "shopping" ruined by being "clocked" by some loud mouth lout who has nothing better to do than make snide comments to people. Somehow the idea of buying a skirt or something "femmy" while in drab doesn't worry me. (Thanks to all who have given me the courage to do this.)

Now we all have our "days" when because of work we get sorta "grubby" or even if we have a "clean job" we take a day of not shaving our face just to let it rest, or we happen to be wearing some "ratty" looking clothes. Hopefully you get the idea. Kinda less than super presentable but decent otherwise. Or maybe we've let the hair on our arms get a bit longish and it doesn't look nice, with a bunch of stubble showing. Some of those little things that we worry about, maybe nobody else would notice but we know it's there, and that makes us feel less than perfect.

I ask this because today I decided to not shave, more to give my face a rest, plus I plan on dressing tomorrow and I find I get a closer shave if I let my face go a day without shaving. Now I had a thought this afternoon of stopping into a store I like to see if there was anything I might like, but I decided to not go in only because I had a 2 day "growth" going on.

Now the question is: Do you find yourself NOT shopping in drab because you just don't look good enough or have some work clothes on that are not as clean as you might like.?

Now I just know I'll have a response of, "I do all my shopping fully dressed enfemme" Good for you girl. But I'm asking those of us who occasionally will just "pop" into a store on a whim to see if there is anything that is calling to us, but we don't only because generally we aren't satisfied with our "guy" appearance.

KandisTX
07-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I could care less what my physical appearance is when I go shopping. I've gone in a suit during lunch, and I've been in jeans, t-shirt and leather vest with a do-rag on my head, looking all macho biker like. I shop with a purpose, to find something I want to wear ;) People or SA's say something? Who cares.. it's not like they know me personally, and even if they did it wouldn't matter to me since my wife knows about Kandis and would "cover" for me if necessary. LOL

Kandis:love:

Karren H
07-24-2007, 03:20 PM
I actually do most of my shopping in a male business suit. Over lunch... Not bad for a coal miner, huh? Lol. But on weekends I'm miss grubby.. Torn stained jeans (male variety) or old baggy shorts.... Tee shirt usually with something to do with hockey on it... No socks, old convers All star tennies.... Sweaty, dirty ball cap... But I'll stop at Kohl's on the way to hockey and go through the clearence racks dressed like that just as easily as I would when I'm all spiffey clean!! Or enfemme.. Ohhhh. Was I allowed to say that?? Hehe

Doesn't matter to me.. Shopping is shopping...

Karren

Kristen Marie
07-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Today I had an electrolysis appointment. That means I did not shave and I am clearly with the grubby look. Welts on my neck in the very sensitive area.....red around the eyebrows....real nice!!

Also, no contact lenses and a wrinkled polo shirt. Somehow, I cannot go shopping looking like this. That's just me.

Phyliss
07-25-2007, 08:28 AM
I actually do most of my shopping in a male business suit. Over lunch... Not bad for a coal miner, huh? Lol. But on weekends I'm miss grubby.. Torn stained jeans (male variety) or old baggy shorts.... Tee shirt usually with something to do with hockey on it... No socks, old convers All star tennies.... Sweaty, dirty ball cap... But I'll stop at Kohl's on the way to hockey and go through the clearence racks dressed like that just as easily as I would when I'm all spiffey clean!! Or enfemme.. Ohhhh. Was I allowed to say that?? Hehe

Karren

Yes Karren YOU of all people are allowed to say what you will. One of the "heros" here. Somehow I just kinda knew I'd get an answer like that :heehee:

I guess what I was getting at was that I just don't "feel right" if I'm somewhat grubby, like Kristen says, "Somehow, I cannot go shopping looking like this"
Now, to those who don't worry about their looks and simply shop at the drop of a stocking, then good for you.

Jodi
07-25-2007, 02:56 PM
I do most of my shopping in drab. When shopping, I clean up and dress well. Of course, when I go anywhere in male mode, I won't look grubby.

Jodi

sissystephanie
07-25-2007, 06:04 PM

Karren

Karren of course is right, as she always is!!:heehee: But I do also agree with Phyllis, cannot shop looking "grubby!"

I usually shop partially enfemme!:happy: That means I am wearing panties (well,of course!!), a bra with pushup pads, a top showing a little cleavage and either a skort or a short skirt along with medium heeled sandals.:love: But I am definitely a man! Yes, I get some "looks" and doubletakes, but who cares? I just do my shopping and ignore the other people. Have never had a clerk, or customer, be rude to me, or make snide comments. If the question comes up, I tell them whatever I am buying is for me. Since my dear wife passed away 2 + years ago, I am the only "female" to buy for. Well, there is my daughter but that is a whole different clothing style!! If you confident in WHO YOU ARE, you should have no problems.:2c:

Sissy

More Girl than man

Toyah
07-25-2007, 06:06 PM
I always shop in drab and would not consider going dressed. I shop guy mode, see, buy, bugger off in that order:D

MsPriscilla
07-26-2007, 06:40 AM
I usually shop partially enfemme!:happy: That means I am wearing panties (well,of course!!), a bra with pushup pads, a top showing a little cleavage and either a skort or a short skirt along with medium heeled sandals.:love: But I am definitely a man! Yes, I get some "looks" and doubletakes, but who cares?

Stephanie,

I suspect that you are being disingenuous when you say 'who cares?' and in reality thoroughly enjoy those 'looks' and doubletakes!!! I know I do

sissystephanie
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Stephanie,

I suspect that you are being disingenuous when you say 'who cares?' and in reality thoroughly enjoy those 'looks' and doubletakes!!! I know I do

MsPriscilla,

You caught me! Yes, I do enjoy the "looks" and doubletakes very much.

Sissy

More Girl than man

Betty H
07-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Hi Phyliss,

I shop mainly in drab and occasionally dressed enfemme. I usually shop in jeans and a shirt nothing special-but not grubby or disheveled . I do have to say though that after dressing and going out regularly for about a year now, that I care less and less about my male appearance in terms of buying new male clothes and being particular about how i look in them.My major concern now is my female appearance.

marisa
07-27-2007, 01:08 AM
I do all my shopping in guy mode. I have yet to muster up the courage to go out shopping all femmed up . But I have to start small to get going. Look for jewlery first, than once the ole heart slows down I'm off to the races at full throttle. I get the odd look when buying shoes but nothings been said thus far.

crusadergirl
07-27-2007, 01:24 AM
I always shopp in drab it takes to long to get dresssed up and i really don't like shopping that much. I don't worry about what ppl think anymore i just take my time and get what i want simple.

Billijo49504
07-27-2007, 01:35 AM
I have to vote for Lane Bryant or Avenue. Those places are geared toward CD'ers. Also Fashion Bug is another store that has no problem with us shopping in their store....BJ

Stephanie-L
07-28-2007, 03:13 PM
I usually shop in drab, and have on occasion bypassed a shop when I felt a little too grubby. I usually prefer to be clean shaven and in neat clothes if I am shopping for femme stuff. My personal feeling is if I don't look like a homeless person (Bum) when I am shopping I am less likely to get bad responses from the staff. Of course this could be due to my mothers influence, she was from the era that a lady always dressed up, even for grocery shopping. I can remember her commenting with a bit of disdain about the women who shopped in a housedress or had their hair in curlers. ANd like others who have posted here, I love shopping for femme stuff, but am tottaly bored shopping for drab wear.....Stepahnie

serinalynn
07-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Today i went shoppping in a green paisly baby doll top, womens jeans, plunge bra, matching cheeekie panty. knee highs and soft sole shoes. Didn't but any thing buy it was nice to get out. :devil: Think I'll stop be rachel and barbs coffee shop for an "afternoon delight"

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61349

see you there!!!!

Phyliss
07-29-2007, 03:25 AM
I usually shop in drab, and have on occasion bypassed a shop when I felt a little too grubby. I usually prefer to be clean shaven and in neat clothes if I am shopping for femme stuff. My personal feeling is if I don't look like a homeless person (Bum) when I am shopping I am less likely to get bad responses from the staff. ...... Stepahnie

I guess that was what I was trying to ask. Somehow I just don't feel like going onto a store if I'm not "presentable" in either "mode".

Raychel
07-29-2007, 05:11 AM
I have never been out of the house dressed, in womens clothes that is. I always shop in drab. I am starting to get used to it. Not so much of a problem in my head anymore.

I was just at the outlet mal with my wife. Had a hand full of bodybriefers, and picking more. ($5.00each on sale) One woman walks by me and whispers something to another woman, while looking at me. I can only imagine what they were talking about. But really I didn't care, they can think what they want. Who could pass up a sale like that.

Tamera
07-29-2007, 10:31 AM
I do my shopping in both modes,

However,
The Ohio Pink Ladies this Saturday is sponsering a GNO where us girls are going to hit the stores since there is a lot of clearance items going on now.

This outa be a blast.
Hugs,
Tamera

joann07
07-31-2007, 03:46 PM
I shop in both modes, but lately I've been shopping in femme.
Either way I go, I'm not really nervous at all anymore.

Jodie Wexler
07-31-2007, 04:03 PM
I only shop in guy mode. I don't look girly as my male self and I don't act nervous, so the SAs always ask if I need help with a gift. I can get my wife to pick up the stuff I am to embarrased to get myself. These days though its not much I won't buy on my own.

serinalynn
07-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I have shopped both ways, I love shopping for womens clothing!!:heehee: I have on a very few and far between days taken off early from work just to shop for womens clothing FOR ME!!!!! Mostly, being plus sized, I shop Lane Bryant, ( 3 different stores) and Catherines and occasionally an Avenue store. :heehee: I also shop at home with catalogs from Roamans, and Jessica London and Just My Size. I check websites daily for the latest things.

Deborah Jane
07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
I normally go shopping in work clothes[paint stained jeans,t shirt and chin stubble]Sometimes SAs help you choose "that something special gift" that you forgot to get for her birthday, anniversary etc [only works if you go somewhere differant every time and don,t go back for 6 months]:D