PDA

View Full Version : Did Mother Know?

Mary Morgan
07-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure how to begin this, but I lost my mother about a year ago. I'm 59years old, and I don't think anyone would have ever referred to me as a "mama's boy", but I am lost without her. I think about her everyday, and I want so badly for her to know about me. My wife says mother most certainly does know and did know about my feminine side. She says you cannot hide it from a mother. I don't know. I look like her, and I act like her, and at some level, I would like to be liked llike her. Once again, I find myself in a place with few answers. I ask you my sisters, do you have any of these feeiings about your mothers?

Country girl
07-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm a mom and no one can say 100% about your mom, but my :2c: says she knew. We moms just know. Call it mothers intuition. But somehow we know the important things in our childrens lives. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet your wife is right. Your mom knew. :hugs: CG GG

Charleen
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Sorry about your loss dear.
I always looked up to my Mom rather than my Dad. Always wanted to be like her.
Did she know? Had to. When I was about 3 I was traipsing aroud in her heels. I loved dolls. When I was 15 or 16 she found one of her old padded bras that I had added to to fit me in the back of my closet. Asked me about it, I pleaded ignorance(yeah right) and that was the end of that. Yeah, she knew.

teresa jeen
07-24-2007, 10:05 PM
OMG, i was just thinking about that. my mother lives about 35 ft. from my back door, i love to go out in the evening and walk around, she's never said any thing but i dont know. your mother like mine had a significant infulence in your life. thank god she did. no more than she can be herself can you be yourself, thank god for mom, everyday and all day, thank you MOM!!!

Sugar
07-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Hi Louise,

You have my sympathy, a year is such a short time.

As for me, my mom knew from the beginning. It was never discussed but my whole family knew. I used to get grief from my sister only because she had sexy lingerie that was the target of my desires. My mom would scold her for it when she thought I wasn't in ear shot.

My mom is still with us and I'll always be her sugarfoot.

Hang in there, babe

sugar

Mary Morgan
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
I hope you all are right. I would love to believe that she knew. She did catch me more than once. We were both first-borne, we were both left-handed, blue eyed and blonde, we look alike. only real difference is that she was female all the way, I was only female on the inside,

Sheri 4242
07-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I can't say that she did or didn't know. I have never been close to my mother, but was extremely close with my late father and one of his sisters. In fact, that sister was more of a mom than my mom ever thought about being. I have a feeling that my dad "had an inkling of an idea" about me. And, I think my aunt had a pretty good idea about me, going way back to my early childhood.

I'm a mom and no one can say 100% about your mom, but my :2c: says she knew. We moms just know. Call it mothers intuition. But somehow we know the important things in our childrens lives. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet your wife is right. Your mom knew. :hugs: CG GG

And Country Girl GG, ya know I think the world of you, but don't go getting sexist on us -- you know what they say about those who "ass-u-me." My first wife NEVER had a single drop of "motherly intuition." I was the primary caregiver and "the" nurturing parent in that relationship -- she was too busy drinking with her buds and lying (or was that laying -- :lol2: ) out by the pool changing her skin into leather!

sterling12
07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
My story is very similar. I'm 57 and lost my Mom about 5 months ago. She lived a long, productive, life and was active until the very end. It leaves a huge hole in my life, but I console myself with the thought that she lived life just about as she chose.

Did she know about me? Can't imagine that she didn't, although she may have chosen to ignore the situation after I became an adult. Like yourself she caught me numerous times as a child, and it was a source of friction.

My deepest regret is that we never sat down and really discussed it. She asked a couple of cursory questions when she caught me as a kid, and naturally I was unable to express any kind of honest answer.

The truest words ever expressed to me, came from a crisis intervention counselor a long time ago. Quote: "You can't take a train into the past and change anything, all you can do is live for The Here and Now." I try very hard to always remember that idea everyday.

Honor your Mom in your thoughts and actions, she knew about you, she still loved you, and it's the best tribute you can make.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Joy Carter
07-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Many things said in jest over the years till I was twelve or thirteen. She knew.

tammie
07-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Hi Everyone: Louise U look stunning. Yes believe me your mom knew and accepted U, your wife is right.

RachelDenise
07-25-2007, 04:46 AM
I think parents know more than you think they do, especially if they led interesting lives before marriage. My Mom knows a little about me as she found my girl clothes when I was a teenager. Nothing was said other than to get rid of them. She at least didn't throw them away and I just got a better hiding place. There are times I think about telling her now, but haven't worked up the courage.

immike
07-25-2007, 05:51 AM
I think parents know more than you think they do, especially if they led interesting lives before marriage. My Mom knows a little about me as she found my girl clothes when I was a teenager. Nothing was said other than to get rid of them. She at least didn't throw them away and I just got a better hiding place. There are times I think about telling her now, but haven't worked up the courage.
I never told my mother,I would just sneak into her bedroom&open her
pantyhose drawer&steal a fresh,unopened Pkg of her pantyhose&put them
on&proceed to dress in mothers good outfits&a pair of her heels.I enjoy
pulling out a short mini skirt and a silk blouse,and one of mothers wigs&I
would sit down at her makeup table&apply my make-up&brush my hair.Many
times,I would dress in one of her short skirtsuits&use a pair of her black
dress boots&use her good long fur coat.My next target is one of her 1 pc
bathing suits

Wendy me
07-25-2007, 06:13 AM
OK mom knew they always do...........my mom knows and i never told her .......mom's know every thing...

elisa day
07-27-2007, 08:36 AM
OK mom knew they always do...........my mom knows and i never told her .......mom's know every thing...

I was going to ask if she knows or becomes suspicious about my little secret. Then i saw this thread and not feeling so comfortable anymore:blushing: I'm extremely careful about hiding my clothes etc. but i'm doing this for more than 10 yrs. and i'm not so sure about past..Why mom's not let us know that they know:Pray:

Daintre
07-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry, I don't buy into this " mom's always know stuff". In my case my mother was far to busy working a full time job, being a single parent while my dad worked in another city and caring for an epileptic child. I kinda slid under her radar, I admire my mother very much, I hope I can be 1/2 the person she was.

Marcie Sexton
07-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Let me say first I am truely sorry for your loss...We only have one "true" mother...

To answer your question or provide some insight to your query...I had a very close friend of mine at work who lost his mother a little over a year ago. The guy is my supervisor, but also a close friend and mentor...At the time of his mothers death he was very emotional and in tears...I am very lucky to still have my mother and I could care less who knows...my two brothers are momma's boys and I being the baby of the family am the ULTIMATE MOMMA'S BOY...No matter the case a mothers love is that of aminal instict for unconditional love...While I truely miss my father who passed in 1986, there is a different type of love and bond I have with my mother, always did and always will...:love:

Just as the girls of our community I'm sure have and had what ever the case may be, has a different bond with their fathers, so it is with us guys...we are or atleast I am a momma's boy and proud of it. :hugs:

Enjoy and cherish the memories of you and your mother, don't worry about what can't be changed or "what ifs"...take what there is and enjoy...I do every day and will continue to do so for the rest of my days...:happy:

Nothing wrong being a momma's Boy:2c:

LindaTS
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm sure that my mother knew about me for a long time although she never said anything about it until in her later years. That's when she started telling me that I should have been a girl. She even went as far as suggesting that maybe I should start living as a woman. I really should have listened to her. Now I'm really trying to make it full time but am not sure that it will ever happen. Two major stumbling blocks in the way. Myabe one of these days.

Ashly
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
.she not only knew..she dressed me in the dresses of my older sister until the age of 6..she admitted, she wanted to have another daughter..that's why she gave me the name Ashly..I guess, my dad eventually changed her mind..

Angie G
07-27-2007, 11:18 AM
I lost my mother 15 years ago she did not knowI dressed but I believe she know now and I so sorry for your loss Louise :hugs:
Angie

Mary Morgan
07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
To all of you, thank you for your thoughts and expressions of condolence. I'm doing fine, in fact, I'm probably feeling better about myself and my mother now that I have had some time to reflect on our relationship. Joanie mentioned that her mother "did it her way" and so did mine. Independent at 84 YO, at home alone until one week before she passed, and nobody was going to change that. She was a character to be sure and she has given me alot to remember and to embrace. Thank you.

Julie York
07-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I ask you my sisters, do you have any of these feeiings about your mothers?

I think most Mothers know.....they just might not know WHAT they know. But deep down somewhere they 'know' there's a sensitivity or behaviour that is rather more complex than the average little boy.

carol ann
07-27-2007, 06:13 PM
My mum knew - she found my lingerie stache after i left home and wrote to me inviting me to discuss it with her. I felt so guilty I pretended that the letter had not existed and she never raised the subject after that and neither did I

Wendy me
07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
I was going to ask if she knows or becomes suspicious about my little secret. Then i saw this thread and not feeling so comfortable anymore:blushing: I'm extremely careful about hiding my clothes etc. but i'm doing this for more than 10 yrs. and i'm not so sure about past..Why mom's not let us know that they know:Pray:

lol mom's know every thing i remember that tings were not just were i put them ... or put there neater than i put them away....

why don't they say anything?? because they love us.... and don't want to make us UN comfy..... :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

jenniferj
07-27-2007, 11:10 PM
(Mary) Louise,

Does it really matter whether or not she knew? Did she know about the time you skipped school in the eighth grade?

You chose to not share this with her; for whatever reasons you might have had (all very good, I'm sure) you felt it best to keep this secret. Trust yourself that your decision was correct - if she did know, she obviously agreed with your choice.

She loved you regardless; you are the fruit of her life and she was undoubtably very proud of you. She lives on through you - try to live your life so that when you have passed, someone else thinks of you with the love you have for your Mom.

The sadness will pass quickly, and then you will largely remember happy things. And so it goes...

jj

Beth-GDB
07-28-2007, 12:14 AM
My mum knew - she found my lingerie stache after i left home and wrote to me inviting me to discuss it with her. I felt so guilty I pretended that the letter had not existed and she never raised the subject after that and neither did I

My mum found some things of mine when I was about 14 and offered to talk about it with me and even offered to buy me some things if I wanted, but I freaked out at the time and the topic was never mentioned again. She passed away almost 2 years ago and now I regret never talking to her about it. I don't have any sisters and I'm quite certain that my father and brothers would prefer not to know.

I'm a very solitary and independent person so I can't think of any female relatives or friends I'd feel OK telling.

KandisTX
07-28-2007, 12:26 PM
This thread caused me to call my mother yesterday. Okay this thread was ONE of the instigators of the phone call, but it was one of the things I brought up with her. Now, Mother has known about Kandis for the last 24 years, but I only told her about it roughly 22 or so years ago.

I asked her if she had known since I was 15 why didn't see bring it up with me? Her answer "It wasn't my place to bring it up, it was your choice to tell me when you were ready". If I had known she had already been told by my custodial "mom" then I would have come out to her as soon as I moved back home with her and dad. It sure would have made things easier on me way back then. When I did come out to her, she was supportive and bought me my own things as she still does today.

Kandis:love:

LisaDelNorte
07-28-2007, 12:51 PM
My mom is 82 and has never talked to me about it, but she knew. When I moved out for good after college, I was contemplating going to seminary (I was looking for meaning in life) and my dad asked me one day if there was something sexually wrong with me. What a question to ask, especially since he never discussed the facts of life with me! Of course I said no, but opined that my parents must have puzzled about me for many years. Mom actually caught me the first time I had the gut to try something on when I was 10, but as mentioned, she never talked to me about it. She also discovered things I had hidden in my bed room and throughout the house. Every time I discovered something missing, I worried about what she was going to do... she never said a word. I think she was in denial or at the least, hopeful that I was just going through a passing phase. I am still not sure if both my parents could handle it if I were to come out to them now. They are very conservative about gender and from their recent comments about men wearing ear rings, I think it is best I never tell them.

Mollyanne
07-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Hi Louise, I lost my mom 4 yrs ago and I miss her everyday so I can relate to your pain. Yes moms know, I can tell you that because when I told her about my dressing when I was 25 she explained to me that she knew all about my foray into her lingerie dresser drawers. I thought I was being sooooo careful and slick. After I unburdened to her she said to me that maybe she would help me become the female that I was deep inside. And yes she did help me, she also took that secret to her grave.

:love: Mollyanne

Mary Morgan
07-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Mollyanne, How wonderful. A mother's love, can you beat it?

Kether
07-28-2007, 07:30 PM
My mother knew I dressed up from a really young age but never talked about it. In fact she probably thinks it was a faze.

anda_mouse
07-28-2007, 08:45 PM
i think she may know....shes pretty nosey lol

Raychel
07-29-2007, 06:51 AM
I am sorry for your loss. My mother passed on 3 years ago. Like you there is not a day that goes by that I don't think about her. But I will also tell you that when I told her that I like to dress in womens underwear, she told me that she had no idea. She did say that she thought one of my brothers did, but not me. Was she just saying this to ease my mind and keep the conversation going, maybe. But that is what she told me anyway.

stephanie100
07-29-2007, 07:32 AM
Louese sorry for your lose. You look stunning in you avature. Mine knew she caught me often enough and i can still feel the slaps!:hugs:

Nastasha
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Mine knew. She told me once that a friend of hers had seen me shopping at a store and then asked me if I wanted her to buy me underwear.

I said no and changed the subject .. looking back, I'm not sure what would have happened had I said yes.

You never know .. but I agree .. mom's know things, even when you dont tell them.