PDA

View Full Version : Coming out to my mom, wish me luck!

Krista_CD
07-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I have been doing so much thinking lately and I have finally come to a firm decision. I'm going to tell my mom. I know she loves me and will support me 100%. I'm more anxious than worried because I know she will see me the way I see myself which is the sole reason I'm choosing her first other than some of my friends or my dad. I know they will support me as well but my mom has had an idea of it for a few years and knows of my tendencies. Although she does not know the degree. I know she will be the most supportive and actually be happy to see me happier being who I truly am than being who I was. Wish me luck ladies!:o

jessies_girl(SO)
07-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Good luck to you. Let us know how it went.

Ashley Lynn Swift
07-24-2007, 11:44 PM
best of lot whatever the outcome, i hope you and your mom can get through this and be strong for each other, maybe even go shopping together

SandyR
07-25-2007, 08:35 PM
Good luck Hun! Please let us know how it goes.

Your Neighbor to the south!

Big Hug for luck!

SandyR

Carroll
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
When I told my mom, she was very accepting in the fact that I was her son and she would love me no matter what. She has only seen me dressed once, for halloween...before I told her. Havent dressed in front of her since I told her

Cynthia_0101
07-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I hope it all goes well for you.

Cynthia

Samantha B L
07-25-2007, 09:19 PM
It sounds like everything will go smooth Krista. I wish you luck but I don't think you'll need it. You're fortunate,my Mom is a wonderful person but she thinks CD'ing is kinda strange and freakish and I don't think she'd ever learn to tolerate my CD'ing if I came out to her. True,she'd try to act like it didn't bug her. Oh well,I'm getting long-winded. Let us know how it goes,hun. Samantha

Rene
07-25-2007, 09:25 PM
wishing you all the best.

Tracy_NM
07-25-2007, 09:43 PM
Hi Krista, wishing you Godspeed on that one. I came out to my mom back in April after a year of planning. This was the best time for me while my dad was out of town for 2 months. She listened and was surprised she knew as much about crossdressing and transgendered as she did (from watching much TV). We talked 3-4 more times, once as long as 3 hours on the phone about it. She said she wasn't exactly pleased to hear about it but knows that people are what they are and that can't be helped, that it is just a part of who we are. I asked her if she was shocked and she said "Yes and No, I 've heard everything from everybody in my 80 years of living." She was more concerned about my safety, almost like she was ok with it as long as I remained in the closet (which of course defeated the purpose of coming out).
I wasn't really planning on that April 24th phone call to come out. The impulse just hit. My mom knew I was going to seek counseling and when I brought up the subject of counseling that became the catalyst of which to reveal myself. I was very shaky, took a couple of deep breaths as deep as I could and said "I've crossdressed for many, many years." She got quiet for a few seconds and I asked her "Mom are you still there?" She said, "Yes, I am listening." I think she appreciated hearing it in that it explained why I have been antisocial, a recluse and bottled up my whole life. Good luck again Krista!

Mary Morgan
07-25-2007, 10:52 PM
Krista, You will be so happy you did this. She will have questions so don't pull any punches. Tell her what you know, and if you don't know, tell her that. We'll be thinking of you and sending lots of positive energy.

Veronica E. Scott
07-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Wishing you the best,hope everything goes well you know how Mom's are.

Angie G
07-26-2007, 11:04 AM
I wish you luck and all my best wishes hun :hugs:
Angie

Alex-is
07-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Good Luck!

It felt awesome when I told my mom, it was kinda scary, but reliving all at once

KandisTX
07-26-2007, 01:13 PM
I have GOT to echo what everyone else has said. Now, most of us who have had a "GOOD" response it has been most refreshing to have an ally in our endeavor. I wish you the best of luck on this.

Kandis:love:

KandisTX
07-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Krista,

Have you spoken to your mom yet? What was the result?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kandis:love:

Jennilouise
07-31-2007, 03:17 PM
good luck hope al goes well, i wish i had the nerve to tel my mother and father. let me kmow how things went

hunny67
07-31-2007, 06:58 PM
I really wish you luck & hope all go,s well. my partner & i are pondering on the idea to tell his mom & dad so please let us know how you get on.

Hunny67 GG

Mary447
07-31-2007, 08:20 PM
good luck Krista....:thumbsup::happy:

Mary

Gisele
08-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I guess her mom didn't take it so well.

I bet Krista has been sent to military school:p

dskin
08-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Good luck Krista:happy: Things will change for the best for you,hope dad shows his support

NZ_Dawn
08-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Wishing you all the best. It sounds as though you have a caring supportive family. Go for it. :happy: