PDA

View Full Version : the early days

crispy
03-13-2005, 11:35 PM
There used to be a mail-order company in Great Yarmouth (England) called GS Services in the 70s that sold stuff for men who loved nylon nighties, panties, etc. They advertised in the Exchange and Mart. Do any UK girls remember them and what happened to them?
They sent out sample swatches of all their fabrics, including sheer nylon, trilobal nylon, heavyweight nylon, etc. They offered panties, nighties, unitards, togas, etc.
That started me on the buying kick. The anticipation of waiting for the brown paper package to arrive at a convenient (away from home) address, and then hiding it before anyone became curious, was part of the thrill.
I graduated to shopping in places where I would not be recognised or embarrassed (I was lucky, working overseas, where I suppose all expatriates were perceived to be odd, so a man buying womens' undies was just considered to be good business).
Now I shop anywhere I like, for anything I like, and love it.

Fallen Angel
03-14-2005, 12:49 AM
well being a 70s person in those days unisex clothing was popular as well the clothes had two size tags 28 waiste or size 8. shoes where the same way for a little while as well times change styles as well and it could have been a mom and pop type store and closed or sold out i would e-male anita or one of the other uk girls you might get a pleasent supprise they still may be around but thanks for the memories of the sevinties it was fun!

Jen_TGCD
03-14-2005, 03:10 AM
There used to be a mail-order company in Great Yarmouth (England) called GS Services in the 70s that sold stuff for men who loved nylon nighties, panties, etc. They advertised in the Exchange and Mart. Do any UK girls remember them and what happened to them?

I think they are called "WAL-MART", now. And their service is no where near what it used to be!!! :rolleyes:

Julie York
03-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Can't say I have heard of them. I wouldn't know much about them in the 70s as I didn't dare buy any CD stuff from anywhere. But I used to look in Ex and Mart in the 80s and they still have some interesting TG stuff at the back of the mag even now.