PDA

View Full Version : Unwinding after work. Shopping!!!

joann07
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Yesterday, I got home from work a little early so I treated myself by going out and doing a little after work shopping.
I hadn't been out in a few weeks so I was due for another outing.
I dressed up, like a female still in her business casual or office work outfit, wearing an ivory colored v-neck top (3/4 sleeves), black designer skirt (mid calf length), Hanes Transparent Sheer pantyhose, and 3 inch opened toe off black sandals.

First place I stopped was at Shoe Carnival.
I walked in and an African-American SA greeted me and so I kindly greeted her back as I was walking into the women's shoe section. The place was a little busy, but nobody seemed to spot me as I was browsing around.
I checked their selection and tried on a few pairs, but nothing seemed to grab my interest so I left.

My next stop was at Target. A few weeks ago, I had shopped there in femme so I figured I do it again since had a nice experience the first time. I walked in and went straight into the women's section then started browsing the various selection of clothing. There were other females browsing, but again nobody seemed to spot me. At one moment, I thought I was because there was a young blonde college aged female (approximately early 20's) looking around and, as I was walking towards a life size mirror, I could see the reflection of her looking at me. I turned around, as if I was minding my own business, to check a clothing rack behind me and to see if she was still looking, but it turned out that she was on the cell phone talking to someone and, I guess, she was looking around for something for the person she was talking to.
She kept walking around the area where I was, but didn't pay attention to me so it was just a false alarm. I browsed around for a little while, then I remembered a GG friend mention to me that she had seen some bra inserts in the bra and lingere department. She recommended I check them out because they would definitely enhance the look of my chest so I went over to look for them. Again, there were other women browsing around, but nobody seemed to spot me. I looked until I finally found the bra inserts so I picked them up along with a nylon mess bag for washing my lingere.
There was nothing else I needed, so I walked up to a cashier to pay. When I came to the counter, the cashier was again courteous. She greeted me and I greeted her back while she began totalling up my things.
Once she gave me my total, I swiped my card, signed my name on the display, and then she handed me my reciept. She said to have a nice day and I said the same, then I left.

My last stop was to the Mall at Dillards.
I wanted to get a specific type Hanes pantyhose so I checked out the hosiey department and looked around at their selection. The area was rather quiet, except for a kid who kept messing with a misdirected motion sensor. It was located in a cashier booth and he kept waving his hand to make it beep constantly. The sound was getting so annoying that I was about ready to smack him with my purse.
However, I kept my cool and continued browsing until finally his mom called and he left.
I searched and I searched, but couldn't find the type I was looking for so then I went up stairs to browse the clothing department.
I browsed around and saw some really nice dresses and outfits, but they were a little pricey so I decided to wait until the next sale so I left.

Since, I had a little extra time before closing, I left Dillards and over to Victoria's Secret (My faaaavorite place) just a few stores down. There were other shoppers walking along the stores, but once again, nobody seemed to look at me funny.
Now, I have been to VS before, but only in male mode. This was the first time I had gone there in femme and I have to say it was a great experience. Again, the SAs where very courteous and friendly and they treated me with the same respect the last time I was there. What made it an even more enjoyable is that I did a lot more interaction which enabled me to practice my feminine voice, as well as my mannerisms and all.
As I was browsing the panty section, a SA came up and asked me if I needed any help. I told her that I was looking for a size XL for a particular colored panty and so she was nice enough to check the drawers underneath the display table. While she was searching, I also femininely squatted down, all the while, chit chatting with her as we searched. Once I found the size and color, I thanked her and then she said "No problem, just let me know if you need anything else". I had a handful of panties (5 for $25) so I asked if she could hold them for me, then she said that I can use one of their complementary shopping bags. She grabbed one and handed to me then I thanked her again and continued browsing.

One thing that caught my eye was their Pink brand of designer sleep and lounge wear. I like their styles so I found a nice white tee shirt with pink print and bright pink Pink sweat shorts. Then, I went over to the dressing room and asked another SA if I could try them on.
She was, again, courteous and even called me "Sweetie" as she showed me to an open room. She said that if need any help to let her know and I said I will.
I slipped off my skirt and my top and the put on the tee and the pink shorts. As soon as I checked myself in the mirror, I was hooked. I loved how it looked and so I was sold on it. This what they looked like.

White tee
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri/V265860_92H.jpg

Pink pink sweat shorts (middle).
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri/V265759_SPLIT1.jpg

Oh! La! La!
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodpri/V265635.jpg

After I changed back, I walked up to the cashier and gave her the panties, tee, and Pink pink sweat shorts.
Once again, the cashier was very courteous and asked if I found everything ok and I said "Yes". She then totalled up my things while I gave her my VS Angel card and a $10 off gift card. She noticed that the gift card was good during my birthday month and so she asked me what the date was. I told her and she pleasantly said "Well, happy birthday!". I said "thank you" and then she gave me my total. She asked for my ID and so I graciously took it out driver ID and presented it to her. She looked at it for a moment and said "OK" then handed me my receipt.
As the SA was bagging up everything, she noticed that the security tag on the tee was not one from their store and so she was not able to remove it. She then quickly determined that it was from another VS store, but for some reason it ended up at their store. She apologized and said that she would call that other store so that I can get another shirt from there, but I said not to bother and that I would just take a different shirt instead. So, I looked real quick and pulled another nice tee off the rack. Then, she proceeded to credit me for the other shirt. As she was doing that, she said that the shirt I picked was better since I didn't need too much pink which the other shirt had a lot of.
After she took care of crediting my Angel card, I signed my credit receipt, and then she handed me by bag.
She said to have a good night and I said the same then left.

Again, what a pleasureable shopping experience it was. Even though it was only for a few hours it seemed like an eternity.
To go out and get that kind of courtesy at a Victoria's Secret was a bonus and I can't wait to go back again.
Hope you all have had, or will have, a similar shopping experience.

Hugs!

Dita_B
07-26-2007, 02:36 PM
joann07

What a great story! I LOVE stories like that. I have never been in a lingerie store yet, I mean not further than the entrance. I also never asked to try something on as I am concerned that, if I am read, they will refuse and I don't know yet how to handle that. So I prefer to take things back later if they don't fit.

But now I am going to follow your example and the next time I am going to the Mall I am going to shop at La Senza, which is a Lingerie store chain here in Canada. I could use a couple of bra inserts as well. :happy:

The only thing is that I can't do this after work... It takes me a good 3 hours to get dressed and to look good. So I have to take the day off to do outings like that. Starting at 8 AM, I'll need until 11 AM to get ready and if I wanted to do my nails as well, it would take another 45 minutes. Than, to take it all off, before my SO comes home, I need another hour. Not much shopping time left...

BTW: That isn't YOU on the "Oh, la la" picture, right? If it is you than you are an absolute beauty queen and would be my great envy! But I guess not, because the girl in the picture is not really compatible with the girl in the avatar.

From now on I am going to post my shopping experiences too. I think you made a great example. Too bad I can't wear any heels higher than 1", because I would LOVE to. How tall are you on bare feet?

You also mentioned that you practice your female voice. Did you buy that course "Finding your female voice" as well? I did and I find it extremely difficult to find the right pitch, so I am still struggling with that. I would like to hear and learn from your experiences with your female voice.

Thanks again for sharing this experience Joann.

:love:Dita

Shadeauxmarie
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM
I like the stuff you bought, but you look like Claude Raines.

joann07
07-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Hello Dita,

Thank you for your complements. :happy:
I am more than happy to share my outing experiences so that others like yourself can use it as a learning tool or for new ideas.
I like to read about successful stories from others because I can always learn from them, as well.

I'm sure the SA's probably read me, but I'm always courteous with them and don't act nervous or suspicious. Since I've had a lot of practice, its starting to come natural to me now. Even when I'm there in male mode, I am the same way and they treatment with the same respect.

Yes. I can see why you would have to take a day off to get ready, but I guess its better to take the time to prepare so that you can properly present yourself.

As for the picture, thats not me.
I got those from the Victoria's Secret website. I just put them out there so everyone could see what I got.
The avatar photo is actually me, and if you look at my profile there's another picture of me in full.
You can also go to this link to see what I really look like in other oufits.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63407

Me, without heels I'm about 5'4 or 5'5. With heels, I'm about 5'7 or 5'8 so I am fortunate that I'm somewhat petite. Although, I wear dress size in the 12 - 14 range, depending on how its made. All my shoes are at least 3 inches so it makes me about almost the same height as most women.

As for my female voice, I haven't tried any kind of course or anything related.
I am very observant of women and watch their mannerisms as well as how they talk so I just do my best to emulate that when I'm out in femme and while I'm at my support group meetings. Now that I've been out at least a dozen or more times, I've been getting a lot of practice and experience with interacting among complete strangers. I'm not as nervous and so it helps me to be confident in myself where I can think clearly.

Definitely, next time you go out, you have to post a write up about it.
I'm glad that my stories can serve as an example and I look forward to hearing more stories from you. :happy:

Hugs!

Dita_B
07-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Thank you Joann for your kind and prompt response. For me going out in public is one the high lights of the cross dressing experience, so I would LOVE to read more stories about it, also from others. You are one lucky girl that you fit right into the average height of the female population. And you can even wear heels in public!

I just looked at your pictures and I find you the prettiest in picture #2, in the black mini dress. You are very dark skinned, are you from Latino origin or are you African American? Whatever your lineage, IMHO you look stunning. I would LOVE to go shopping together with you for a day. Too bad I have no business in Florida, have never been there yet. But who knows, never say never...

I agree that being polite and courteous when interacting with the SA's works well. When doing that it is always my voice that gives me away, as I can sense a subtle change in attitude as soon as they hear me speak. A simple single word like "Hello" or "Bye bye" comes over fine but when doing the usual small talk, like when some SA offers help and ask you if you are looking for something specific, than it becomes more difficult to hide my male voice. Mind you the course gives a specific way to speak like a woman, but it requires practice they say, at least half a year. So I keep practicing, while walking the dogs, driving the car and every time I am alone and nobody can hear me, in the hope that some day...

I too am very observant about the way women move and behave. I have spent some hours sitting in the Mall observing them and I also try to emulate their behavior. Even walking like a woman is an art by itself. I have often ridiculed the way the models on the runway are instructed to walk, almost stumbling over their own feet, as they have to place them almost across from each other. Like they show on Fashion TV. However, while doing that they are forced to move their hips and since they are all so skinny, the exaggerated movement of their feet, makes their hips move indeed. So now I try to mimic that same walk, but a little more subtle and to my amazement, it works!

It is so alien to the way we are taught to move as men, that it becomes an art in itself to un-learn the male way and integrate the female way of walking. And that is only one aspect of the female emulation! A girl has to learn a lot before qualifying as a girl!

Anyway, Next time is my turn to write a story about the shopping experience. I still want to go back to "Le Chateau" which is a trendy high end fashion chain here in Victoria, to buy a pale (baby) pink soft leather belt, that is a perfect match with my shoes and purse. I am waiting until it goes on sale as it is a large, which fits me perfectly. So I hope to share that experience soon.

Hugs for you too Joann and thank you for your response. Hope to read many more stories from you.

:love:Dita.

valery
07-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi joann,

It was a great pleasure for me to read your story. OMG I hope I'll be ready sometime to go out in femme like you to do such a shopping tour by myself. It must be fun but I'm still scared as I'm not even ready to go out in public. Anyway your story did reassure me and is giving me hope and reduced my fear a bit, thanks for that, you're great.

Darla in Pa.
07-26-2007, 09:58 PM
Wow!!! I could never pull it off but it is great to hear that you did way to go.

Darla

joann07
07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
Thank you girls for your wonderful comments.
They're very much appreciated and I'm glad I can share my experiences with you.
Its great to hear that my stories have been an inspiriation and I hope to read about yours and be inspired.
You all are great yourselves!

Love!