PDA

View Full Version : I look like my mum

emma_enfemme
07-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Well, my wife thinks I look like my mum anyway (and maybe I do a bit). Does anyone else have this scary feeling when they look in the mirror?

Dita_B
07-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Lol of course you look like your Mom silly, its in your genes. Or you look just like your sister. I know its scary, but you'll get used to it.

I look like my Mom AND like my sister... And its really scary. But heck that's the way it is and now I try to look better than my Mom and my sister together...

I wish you strength.

:love:Dita.

kassandra richard
07-26-2007, 03:11 PM
If you look at my profile pic (not my avatar) I look something like my mom -- albeit taller :) Since my mom still looks young for her age, I guess I've inherited her genes that let me look younger than my (almost) 40 years ;)

Kassandra

JoAnnDallas
07-26-2007, 03:54 PM
I for one do not look anything like my sisters. Both of my sisters are lot shorter than I am and at least 30 pounds heaver than I am. They are 4' 11" and 5' 0". I am 5' 9". I have looked a pictures of my mother when she was my age 5' 1", and again I don't look like her. While helping my older sister pack up her belongings, she is moving, I came across a picture of Aunt Grace. There staring back at me was a splitting image of me. I kept the picture and later looked at it side by side with one of my fem pictures. With the exception of one being black and white and the other colored, they were almost identical including the hair style.

Kate Simmons
07-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I only get scared when I look in the mirror in the morning when I wake up--nasty! Oh yeah, I look like my Mom but with a difference--more like my Mom with an "attitude".:heehee:

janelle
07-26-2007, 04:35 PM
No don't look like her but my sister claims I walk just like her so does that count????

Sharon
07-26-2007, 05:06 PM
Heck, I was told all my life that I looked like my mother -- not the best thing to hear when I was trying so hard to hide from the world what I was. :eek:

Now that I'm finally me, I look more like my sisters, though not as pretty. At least they're my age! :p

Ermintrude
07-26-2007, 05:38 PM
No-one has ever told me I look like my Mum. Very few have told me I look like my Dad.

At my Grandad's funeral, I was swamped by people telling me that I looked "just like him".
I'm 5'11", 70Kg, and have long hair. My Grandad was 5'3", about 50 pounds heavier, and bald as a coot. Not to mention 50 years older than me. :)

Actually it was rather nice. I know I don't look like anything like he did, but he was a good man - and if strangers see a similarity then I'll take it as a huge compliment.

I have been told that I think like my Mum. That is another huge compliment, but it has nothing to do with CD. :)

Reba Kay
07-26-2007, 05:47 PM
My mom was much more prettier than me

Mary Morgan
07-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Emma, I love your name, anyway yes I am told I look alot like my mother and I see the resemblance myself. We are both blue eyed, blonde. tall, left-handed, artistic, I have her taste in clothing. Sadly, she is gone, but I'll do my part to carry on.

Dragster
07-26-2007, 07:06 PM
I was always told I look like my dad (when he was alive!), but I've only been made-up and wigged once (a dressing service treat to myself). The close-up photos looked just like my daughter, with wrinkles!

Tony

Sally24
07-26-2007, 07:18 PM
In boy mode I look like my Dad, in girl mode I look like my Mom and my Sister! I'm the whole family in one!

BarbaraTalbot
07-26-2007, 07:27 PM
partially 'dressed' and weighing in at 170. Looked EXACTLY (to me) like my dad in a dress. double chin and all. This was the impetus for my semi-successful (so far) diet.

Not that I have seen my dad in a dress.

That reminds me, an aside: but my dad was a late in life baby. My Grand-dad was 40 and my grandmother around there somewhere. They dressed him in frilly nightshirts and he had natural curls (as did I when I had hair) they didn't cut his hair until he was 5.He was mortally offended years later looking back that they "did that" to him.

As I lose weight I look more like my maternal Grandpa.

I think I would be more horrified If I looked like my mom than like my dad in a dress. My mom was quite pretty in her youth before years of spiteful bitterness contorted her features, at least in my eyes.

Missy Anne
07-26-2007, 08:54 PM
A couple of years ago, I bought a brown/auburn wig to try. I put it on and when I looked in the mirror I saw my sister looking back at me.

That was a real shock. LOL

Missy Anne

Tamara Croft
07-26-2007, 10:03 PM
A few nights ago, I was at a family party and I watched Tams (my CD SO) mum dancing. I'd never noticed before how much Tam (not him) looks like her mum... infact I was pretty shocked and was staring at her... she musta thought I was nuts :eek: But it was a real shocker.... Tammy looks like her mum, 'he' looks like his dad... weird..

Billijo49504
07-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Yes, isn't it scarey...BJ

CrossdressinGoth
07-27-2007, 06:24 AM
when you look at pics of my mom back in the 60's, Im an exact match, its bascially me in a dress. I wish I had pics to show but its a dead on match, she had shorter hair cause her parents wanted her to have and ive changed a bit, but when I was young, i literally saw me in a dress, even before i started dressing

Marcie Sexton
07-27-2007, 06:31 AM
Not so much like my mom, but my sister...

My wife first brought it to my attention...and as usual she is right, we do look a lot alike...But then again why wouldn't we...same mom, same dad...only now two daughters instead of one...:rolleyes:

KimberlyS
07-27-2007, 09:29 AM
My wife says I look like my sister when enfemme mode. I also have some of her clothes she passed on to me, I mean my wife. :D

LindaTS
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I defininitely look like my mother and somewhat like my sister. I suppose that's what genes are all about.

Paula G
07-28-2007, 07:29 AM
In some of my photos I see my paternal grandmother's face staring out at me, that's what scares me the most.

Lora Olivia
07-28-2007, 08:20 AM
yeah a bit like mum and alot like sis especially when i have my own hair grown out

KandisTX
07-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I would guess I look more like my "baby sister" then the woman I call "Mother". Mother is my step mother and I honestly don't remember what my birth mother looked like since it has been almost 40 years since I had seen her last. My baby sister gets her looks from Dads side of the family so we share some of the same features.

Kandis:love:

Ruth
07-28-2007, 04:10 PM
Yep, I look like a taller version of my mother when enfemme. I sometimes think when I look at my clothing choices that I try to dress like she used to.