PDA

View Full Version : the luckiest girl!

christina marie
07-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I just wanted to steal a second of everyones time and pay a little tribute to my wonderful wife. she is the best thing in my life and i bust my butt to make sure she knows it! things have been kind of rough for us since I worked up the nerve to have "the talk" with her. she has known about my CD'ing for years, but, I think, has just kind of wished it would go away. we never came close to talking about it. since I found my way here, and grew up(alot!), I honestly think things are getting better. she is working hard to find out every thing she can about us and how we live, how we think, and what to expect from the one she loves. dont get me wrong, is not a matter of total acceptance, more of tolerance and some curiosity, but she is still my wife, and for that, I am eternally grateful! I guess what set me off on this was last night. I had a few too many beers, her too, and we were laughing and just having fun together, when she said " i got you something today, close your eyes." pinch, crunch pop OUCH! " Dont say i never think about you. Good night." today I have an earring in my right ear that perfectly matches the one that has been in my left for years. I still get tears every time I see that little flash, or bump it on something. tell me, how much luckier can a girl get???

Tamara Croft
07-26-2007, 10:05 PM
Awww, that's really nice :hugs: It's amazing how such a small thing can mean so much right? Just that tiny gift, an earing, probably means more to you right now than if you won the lottery.

Billijo49504
07-26-2007, 10:45 PM
Don't forget to return the favor. Flowers, nice dinner or a nice gift, she deserves it....BJ
ps. My wife brought me home clothes from work, they were on sale, I took her to Macy's for a new purse, I knew she wanted and was saving for. $260 was very cheap, for the understanding I got...BJ

_Cecilie_
07-26-2007, 10:54 PM
To read this makes me fell so good. My girlfriend is also very tolerant towards it. And maybe someday she'll be able to live with it, more than survive it.

I just dicovered this forum today and it is so nice to be here.

KimberlyS
07-27-2007, 09:24 AM
Christina, our wives sound a lot alike. Congratulations on what you have. I think a key to what you both have is in what you wrote:

"She is working hard to find out every thing she can about us and how we live, how we think, and what to expect from the one she loves."

A relationship is two sided and it take two to make things work well and good. I hope you are working as hard as she is to understand her side of things and doing things for her. Keep up with the communication and working together.

And as BilliJo said, you need to be doing something for you wife that makes her happy and she enjoys. A happy wife that feels loved makes for a much happier relationship and life.

Marcie Sexton
07-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Me too....

My wife also is a very understanding woman, who is supportative and loving...

What more could a girl ask for

How lucky we are !!!

StephanieH
07-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I love happy endings. Congrats on finding a good one, treat her like a queen and perhaps she'll continue to treat you like a princess!

On that note, wifey and I are going out tonight and next Friday as well, and she's volunteered to help me do "things" when we get back home and get settled in, says she has ideas about my hair and makeup and stuff. God I love this woman! And I love my daughter, but it's great when she has sleepovers somewhere else!

Take care and have fun! :happy:

Angie G
07-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Sound like she is going to makt it and that's great hun:hugs:
angie

Mitch23
07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
great girl Christina - give her a hug from me. Mine's not really appreciating this great pile of poo I've dropped on her head but she's still around, still trying to understand and I love her to bits

Mitch