PDA

View Full Version : Accepting cities

annas_back
07-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Asheville Nc is a small town, but has a reputation for accepting alternative lifestylies.now I normally prefer staying out in the woods, it;s nice to know you can go dressed as you please.

tiffany-the-cd
07-28-2007, 10:50 PM
Ann Arbor MI its great everyone is so open minded there... i feel better there in the middle of the day than i do in my home town it the middle of the night

Kroma
07-29-2007, 01:35 AM
The one part I remember from my visit was a little 50's ice cream parlor just off campus; it was like a time capsule. I almost went to college there too, but I didn't. I'm in Seattle now, which is very liberal; I'll take this moment to re-emphasize "very." As soon as I get my degree, I'll be heading back to the east coast. I was already considering Asheville, but it's good to hear another positive aspect to offset the winter months.

Deidra Cowen
07-29-2007, 01:46 AM
Ashville is a kewl spot...been there a few times but in boy mode for buisness stuff. Probably would be fun to visit there as a chick! By the way we get a few North Carolina girls here in Atlanta that visit on weekends out at the clubs.

angelfire
07-29-2007, 01:01 PM
I live in Ottawa, 'the gay capital of Canada' as I believe the first gay marriage in Canada was held here (actually, a co-worker attended the reception). So people are generally more liberal. Actually, Ottawa is thinking of having an area of the city specifically for the LGBT community I think around 2010.

I heard certain areas of Toronto are very open as well.

Sam-antha
07-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Nobody will look twice at you in Edinburgh soon its Festival Time. the Fringe with nearly 2,000 amateur and other shows covering nearly 28,000 performances and that was only last year.
All those folk, dressed for touting tickets fortheir thing.... its wonderful there.