PDA

View Full Version : Has or Does this happen to you?

Carrah
03-14-2005, 09:20 AM
I'm still not believing this, but it is what is - I suppose. This has happened to me more than once, but now that I am conscious of it, I can deal with it better.

The other day, my girlfriend and I went to the department store to purchase a couple of pair of pants for her and a suit for work. When we were through shopping, the only thing we purchased was two pair of women's jeans for me. As I'm sitting in the car on the way home I'm thinking, how did this happen? I apologized to her and told her we would get her the new clothes she needs on her next day off.

Like I said, this is not the first time. In fact, even our conversations sometimes get confused. She'll walk over to me with an artical of clothing whether from her closet or in the store and ask me what I think. Unconsciously, I'll say something stupid like, "that's not my size." Come on now, y'all have to admitt that's just a little too weird.

So, I have resolved myself to focusing strictly on her the next time we're out. This ever unconscioulsy happen to any of you? After I said that, my girlfriend just gave me this really weird look and heck, I can understand that. Here she thinks we're shopping for her and I'm looking for stuff for me! What an ass I can be at times...

Sharon
03-14-2005, 10:46 AM
I don't know you well enough to disagree with you. :)

Carrah
03-14-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't know you well enough to disagree with you. :)
No need to disagree, Sharon; I know an ass when I see one :) Yeah, there are things I do that I know are just from being human, but that doesn't alter the level of disappointment much...

Di
03-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Well all I can say is think of her next time...make the effort....don,t beat yourself up too much you are just being human......as long as you both feel special ect it,s all good,,,,,just make the effort next time ...

Tamara Croft
03-14-2005, 03:18 PM
That has happened to me. Was out shopping for clothes for my birthday... I went home with nothing and my SO got some new clothes instead. Disappointment would be an understatement.

Tamara x

Trinity_cat
03-14-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi Carrah,

The best thing to do, and make amends for your sins :-

Don't wait til her day off. You go and buy her something nice and surprise her.
All ladies love gifts, especially unexpected ones.

(and if you still feel a little self-centred, get yourself something too) :D

Ashleigh
03-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Sometimes we can get a bit self centered, especially when things haven't been going very well. Start thinking of others every chance you get and soon it will become habit. Then you won't have to make a conscious effort to focus on her, it will come automatically, and, what's better, she will notice.

Trinity had a good suggestion. Surprise her with a little something asap.

Holly
03-14-2005, 07:45 PM
<Sigh> I'm guilty, too. Even use the the same line... "don't think it will fit me." I'm going to buy my wife something tomorrow. (Thanks for the tip, Trinity Cat).