PDA

View Full Version : Being friendly because you crossdress

Jillm
07-29-2007, 08:04 AM
My response to another thread sparked a question for the group. The thread asked if you ever went out dressed by mistake. My response was: A few weeks back I was just sitting around the house with a t shirt, shorts, taupe pantyhose, and tennis shoes on. My SO had me run down to the carryout to pick something up. When I got home I realized how I was dressed but figured no one must have noticed. The next morning I stopped to get a cup of coffee on my way to work and the clerk said, you have really nice legs. I could just feel my face turn 10 shades of red. Well I have been going into this carryout for several years to get a cup of coffee on my way to work. Same female clerk, same routine, she says good morning and tells me how much I owe, but since this happen she is now more talkative and friendly. My question for the group is, has anyone else experienced someone being more friendly to them because they crossdress.

Wendy me
07-29-2007, 08:10 AM
lol yes Members: 18,257, Active Members: 6,888 can't be over looked.... lol....

Claudia Zylindrias
07-29-2007, 08:16 AM
Yes i have SA now at a Victorias Secret and a Hot topic and the bartender at the movie theather we go to allot that are allot more talkative than before. The bartender through only knows of my fetish fro skirts. My girlfriend and i walk in one day to see Harry Potter Goblet of fire and i wore my black just about the knees kilt, my SO was wearing a t-shirt that said "I love guys in girls pants". (lol) so she noticed and we had a good couple of drink and conversations at the bar before heading to the movie.

SallyStone
07-29-2007, 09:47 AM
It must be a thrill to know that someone, even if that someone is a casual aquaintence, has accepted the fact that you crossdress. I can't say that I've had such an experience. I am envious!

When I dress I dress fully. When I am crossdressed, I look so completely different I honestly don't beleive people make the connection. There is a local Stabucks where I stop for coffee every morning on the way to work. Sally has been there several times as well. Unless the girls behind the counter are hiding it, I don't think they realize Sally and that "other" guy are one in the same.

Sally

sandra-leigh
07-29-2007, 01:54 PM
My question for the group is, has anyone else experienced someone being more friendly to them because they crossdress.

Yes, in at least two different ways:

A) I often bend the boundaries of male vs female tops. There is some ill-defined internal borderline that I do not cross -- for example I don't go out wearing a frilly cami as an outer garment. I do not restrict myself just to "could easily be mistaken for male", but even when I wear ornate tops, I tend to stick to "Well, why shouldn't a guy wear something like that if he wants to?" (On the other hand, I do sometimes wear outright blouses, such as a classic white pinstripe blouse -- immediately recognizable as a blouse by any woman old enough to remember blouses, but not a big attention getter.)

Anyhow, when I wear these tops, most times at least one woman passing by will have a big smile, indicating that she likes what she sees. I'm not so handsome that I get those kinds of smiles in drab :sad:

B) There are a fair number of SA's for whom in my pre-dressing days, I was "just a customer", but now that I dress, I'm a welcomed customer to be talked to. Before dressing, about the only people who bothered learning my name were some of the bank tellers; now there are multiple stores around town where several of the SAs know me by name -- and it gets easier all of the time.

For example a few days ago I stopped in the vendor section of a theatre festival, at the booth of a woman who makes custom skirts. I was in drab, but it was only moments before I was being invited to try any of the skirts on, even though I hadn't to that point actually indicated that I wore skirts. I guess it was obvious from the way I was looking at the skirts and sizes and fingering the material :heehee: Well, with an invitation like that, how could I resist? :devil: Anyhow, we had a pleasant chat; turns out we probably know a bunch of the same people (we work in related fields.)

There is, I admit, some ambiguity in these situations: it could be that the difference is not in my crossdressing, but rather in the way I interact with the world: since I started crossdressing, I talk to people more. I don't dislike people: I just usually don't know what to say, how to find the points of commonality. I do a lot of computer work in which I communicate with people about technical topics, but the general populace usually has little interest in debating (say) the merits of various programming languages, complete with citations. "Hey, what's your programming language?" is a lousy pick-up line! :p

Rachel Morley
07-29-2007, 02:44 PM
has anyone else experienced someone being more friendly to them because they crossdress.
Hummm ..... because I crossdress? ...not sure. I like to dress in boy mode but in a fairly girly way. You can totally see I'm wearing women's tops, jeans, cardigans etc. I even sometimes wear sweater sets if I'm feeling confident. I also sometimes wear my "John Lennon glasses" and my baseball cap. What I'm trying to say is I think I look a little bit wimpy and feminized.

I've quite often had sales clerks and checkers treat me in a kindly (almost motherly) way. They call me "sweetie" and act kind of protective towards me. I'm not sure if this has got anything to do with me being crossdressed. I'm thinking it's more likely that they are like this with everyone or that I look "different" and therefore (perhaps?) they think I'm in need of looking after or something or other ... you know, that I'm somehow disabled or handicapped in some way and that I need help.

This could be all in my mind and that they are just being friendly but this is how it feels to me and I'm not sure they would be this way to red neck macho guys. :2c:

nancigirl
07-29-2007, 09:27 PM
Exellent thread!
Yes, i can say that i have most definitely been treated in a more friendly manner in certain situations because of being a 'girl' en femme.
Once i became a 'regular' in various dress shops, boutiques, restaurants, and salons, i have been treated royally by the girls there. Of course this was, in part, due to the fact that i was a 'customer.' But in many cases, it went far beyond that and i established true friendships with some of the gg's there---particularly in the dress shops and beauty salons.

Nancy

Denise01
07-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I have found that in a lot of instances, i find that I feel i am treated much more friendly when I am out fully dressed as Denise.
I have found in the restaurants, that the waitresses , are more friendly, and will compliment you if they like a particular outfit you are wearing. I was in a resturant in VA, last year, out for Sunday Dinner, and wearing a new skirt suit that I had just bought a couple of days before.
It has a matching top to go with it, and the waitresss commented on how nice the top went with the jacket and Skirt, something that would never have happened in drab.
I was visiting with a TS friend i know on the same trip.
A neighbour lady, came over for a casual visit for a few minuets, and I was introduced.
a couple of days later, I was there again, and again she dropped in like she often does.
I got chatting with her, and during the discussion, I commmented that I was TS. She then told me that if I had not told her my self, that I was TS, that she would not have believed any one else.
This lady is fully accepting of the fact that I and my friend are both TS and it is so nice to be accepted as the Lady that I feel I am

Denise:happy::happy:

Karren H
07-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Not really.....

Karren

SatinDoll00
07-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Yes i have SA now at a Victorias Secret and a Hot topic and the bartender at the movie theather we go to allot that are allot more talkative than before. The bartender through only knows of my fetish fro skirts. My girlfriend and i walk in one day to see Harry Potter Goblet of fire and i wore my black just about the knees kilt, my SO was wearing a t-shirt that said "I love guys in girls pants". (lol) so she noticed and we had a good couple of drink and conversations at the bar before heading to the movie.

I need to move to where you live. Around here, the strongest thing you can get at a freakin' movie theater is a Coke!

Morgan :)

Anthea
07-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I find when I am out dressed, "most" people are more friendly towards me, particluarly sales assistants. In boy mode I am largly ignored by everyone