PDA

View Full Version : Friendliness is because of sex ??

Kris
07-30-2007, 01:04 AM
I was reading the thread that was discussing the fact that some find people more friendly when they are dressed - as apposed to not dressed.

I am wondering what you all think the reason is that you feel people are nicer to you is because women are usually more talkative than men?

Do you think it's because they are "interested" in you?

Do you think it's because they are curious?

I wonder what everyones thoughts are on this subject.

Kris GG

Anthea
07-30-2007, 01:11 AM
I replied to that post, for me I think its a couple of reasons.

I look better as a female, and in the way I present myself

People are courious about us

Woman are more chatty

Kate Simmons
07-30-2007, 03:12 AM
Not sure. I was always interested in people. It just took getting in touch with my "softer" feelings to pursue that. Now I'm a "people person" either way. I think it has to do with everyone's expectations of how you should act, how you were brought up, etc.:happy:

Sheri 4242
07-30-2007, 03:50 AM
Kris,

I imagine the answer to your question is going to be as individualized as the number of people responding.

I have found that, at least in my experience, people went out of their way to be nice b/c they were very curious about me (once read).

Sheri

Lilith Moon
07-30-2007, 04:28 AM
I have been playing around with gender presentation in Second Life and I find that people are much more friendly when I use a young attractive female avatar. And, yes, I get particular "friendly" attention from men, the variety of chat up lines I hear is amazing. This is something I was vaguely aware of in real life but to actually experience it, even in a simulation, is...interesting.

Karren H
07-30-2007, 10:18 AM
Everyone knows that people are only friendly to crossdressers because they want to get in your panties!! Right?? Lol. Look there's a crossdresser.... Its friendly time!!! Hehe. Sounds like an urban legend to me.....

I've never noticed anyone being more or less friendly to me no matter how I'm dressed because I'm typically friendly to them first... People are usually friendly to me when I'm out enfemme especially when I'm smiling... I supposed if I walked around with a scowl on my face enfemme that would change...

What comes around, goes around.. I think.. As Forest Gump would say....... Friendly is as Friendly does...

Or better yet - "Run Forest Run..". (Forest enfemme trying to get away from the "friendly" people). Skirt flying in the wind!!!

:D

Karren

RobertaFermina
07-30-2007, 01:07 PM
I think it is because of "sex" and because of "not-sex"...still "sex" though LOL!

As a crossdresser, some women assume I'm gay and don't feel that complex of feelings and questions like "oh, I'm talking to a guy, what will it mean to him/others/me" ? Even if I'm not gay, I'm certainly not showing up like the Big Bad Wolf, now, am I ! :heehee:

They don't find out about my orientation ever or certainly not before it has been established that I am a good person, and certainly don't bite. (by the way, when asked, I say "historically, my orientation has been....", and I leave it there. That leads to a few round eyes, and a few laughs!).

Couples I meet are seem to find me interesting - I'm not likely - in their mind - "get between them."

Also it is because some people want me or find me "sexually" interesting. This can be a problem, dears. Sunday AM some fellow hovered about me staring like I was raw meat, and said much about wanting to "pump me." I dealt with it in a non-violent and convincing manner, and gratefully pulled away without further incident. But the attraction is there, OH GIRL it is there !

I think a minority of people in my circles and on the street are put off by the confusion between my appearance and gender.

The piece that is important is that I'm very comfortable, as there is no confusion in my mind. I'm happy, outgoing, feel quite "NORMAL" when dressed.

:rose: Roberta :rose:

SL
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
I have been playing around with gender presentation in Second Life and I find that people are much more friendly when I use a young attractive female avatar. And, yes, I get particular "friendly" attention from men, the variety of chat up lines I hear is amazing. This is something I was vaguely aware of in real life but to actually experience it, even in a simulation, is...interesting.

That is such a fascinating thing to do. I say that because I have -other direction of course- and I almost would suggest it for anybody. NOT to be used as way to get close for hook-up purposes but to actually stay in that sex, have friends as it, have to work out differences, cope the whole thing- just to experience it without the boundry of the body. It is something. Shows and teaches a lot of things.

I did it with one online game for 3years. Most educational interactions were with "other" men percieving that they are with their own.

Deidra Cowen
07-30-2007, 04:56 PM
I can go to a bar as a guy...most the time its boring and I don't talk with that many people. However as a chick I almost always have a hoot and talk with tons of folks. People are interested in Trannies and when they see I seem pretty open and friendly, I get approached a lot. Its fun and I enjoy that. This happens at gay and str8 bars.

Really I think I talk to a lot more GGs in Girly mode not because of any sex interest...rather they assume I am gay and not a threat. So we have lots of nice conversations with no sexual tension to get in the way. I made friends with a group of girls Sat night because of that. Two lesbians and two straight girls that were in a pack together.