PDA

View Full Version : The Internet

mncrossdress
07-31-2007, 08:08 AM
How has the Internet changed your life as far as dressing goes?

I discovered the internet in about 1993. It was than that my life changed. I finally was able to realize that I was not the only person that was a crossdresser. Today, I have found many friends that accept me for who I am and what I wear. Now all I need to do is find that one GG that will allow me to live for me.

It is wonderful having so many resources to accommodate my dressing. Everything from buying clothes and breast forms, to making new friends. The list cam be very long as to how the internet has changed my life when referring to crossdressing.

uknowhoo
07-31-2007, 08:43 AM
The internet has definitely made a huge difference in my femme life. Like many, I was very alone in CD'ing, believing I was a pervert and a freak. I saw a counsellor who suggested I look online to see what I could find out. That was about 3 years ago. I only wish that I had done so, like you, in 1993, or that such resources would've been avaialable to me when I was younger and really struggling with this issue.

I am so so very grateful that I have found this online community, it's like a second family to me. Not just the helping to understand and accept myself part (which is huge!) but also the support, comraderie and free exchange of ideas we enjoy here.

The shopping poart is also great, i.e. products they don't carry at Walmart or VS, such as breast forms, etc.

Welcome to the forum, btw. ;)

JoanFlores
07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, ever since I began using the internet more I have found a new world of information, and many new friends.

dskin
07-31-2007, 11:02 AM
yes,the internet has made my way of living a cd an experience.knowing that i'm not the only person on the planet.and sharing our lives on how the outsiders look upon us.feeling more confident with our life style and being accepted from wonderful friends like you :love:

chrissietoo
07-31-2007, 11:47 AM
...before the internet, Chrissie had nobody to talk to. Now she has lots of girly friends just like her, and has met some very wonderful and understanding gg's. (she also like to look at sexy pictures, especially after a nice hot bath). :happy:

xoxo chrissie

Hermione Simpson
07-31-2007, 11:49 AM
yes, because with this website it's given me the chance to interact with other TG people, but we musn't forget for every good thing about the net, theirs loads of not so nice things about it as well

Jennilouise
07-31-2007, 02:51 PM
The net has changed my life as a cd as now i can order item that i require with u travelling over large distances, as i live a fair distance form a major city. i would be lost without it.

Kate Simmons
07-31-2007, 02:58 PM
Not really, I was already established. I can talk to more people however.:happy:

Diannna
08-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Thank God for the internet. I only wish I'd had access to it 45 years ago. Could have saved me ( and a lot of us ) a lot of headaches.

Fionax
08-01-2007, 01:26 AM
It is like Aladin's Cave...........before I discovered it I would spend days, weeks even, furtively trying to source a dress, have to buy a money order so that the transaction would not appear on a bank statement, and finally pluck up courage to buy it.

Now at any time of the day or night I can discover the most wonderful clothes, lingerie, wigs, shoes or make up anywhere in the world and order it. The true Aladin's cave is of course Ebay, with patience anything can be got.

Most importantly I have found this wonderful site and have discovered that all my fears and worries are shared by many others, and have learnt how they have been overcome, the problem is finding the time to read everything, there are so many wonderful threads.

At the same time as the internet has developed so has digital photography and the ability to share the results with anybody over it, and now with youtube to watch it is truly wonderful. I am so pleased that I am alive to enjoy it all..are n't we all so very lucky?

Mollyanne
08-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Thank God for the internet. I only wish I'd had access to it 45 years ago. Could have saved me ( and a lot of us ) a lot of headaches.

Couldn't have said it better!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Chelseaswpa
08-01-2007, 06:15 AM
Before finding this and other sites- just thought I was a wierdo LOL. I would definatly have made other choices in life probably had I known how many of us there really are.

Annesah
08-01-2007, 07:31 AM
I think that the internet is THE bigest event in all of history even eclipsing the invention of the printing press. Yes, we are all very lucky to have seen it emerge.

Emma England
08-01-2007, 08:17 AM
Internet is very useful for finding information.

I have more friends on here than in traditional form.

The best thing is talking to people who are non-judgmental.

A cheap social life if you like!

janet1234
08-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Agree with others, internet has changed the lives of non-standard people like us gurls, tx ts and any others, we now have friends, we know we are not alone, so easy to buy things. Years ago, one waited months to have custom shoes from Hong Kong. We have online shops catering to us, I was pleasantly received at breastformstore inquiring about forms. They arrived within days, perfect.

Ashly
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Years ago when there was no Internet there was a online service called CompuServe..Some here might remember.

The forums on CompuServe allowed me to figure out who I am...so, without it or the Internet I would still wonder what's going on with me

Julogden
08-01-2007, 12:02 PM
For me, the Internet has made things massively more convenient as far as communicating with others is concerned, but one area that it has revolutionized is in shopping and another is in access to information.

I was in contact with others via traditional mail as far back as the mid-1970's, but it certainly wasn't a very convenient method due to the time involved in mailing. Back then, my method for connecting with other TG people was publications from the Empathy Press who published various magazines including a guide with ads from people all over the world, and I made several pen pals that way.

National Tri-Ess also published a magazine called Transvestia that was wonderful.

I didn't get on-line until 1997, and now would be lost without the Internet.

Carol

suzy
08-01-2007, 12:05 PM
The internet has had a huge impact on my crossdressing and interacting with other crossdressers...:love: