PDA

View Full Version : thinking about changing my name...to my real (almost) name...

Adrienne Heels
07-31-2007, 08:51 PM
My guy name is pretty feminine....if I spell it just a bit differently, it is a girl's name! I am seriously thinking about changing my name here from Karyn to that name. But do you think that I am giving out just a bit too much information about myself if I do so? Does it increase the odds that I can be outed by someone who happens onto this site? What if they figure out who I am by looking at my avatar or one of my Flickr pics?

The thing is that my hairdresser, the sales associates I deal with at Nine West and The Limited, and the cosmetics girls at Lord & Taylor all know me by the guy name, which is pronounced like a female name. I think it might be easier to just use the one name. My Yahoo 360 page would probably have to remain as karynlovely, though....prob too hard to change that!

What do you ladies think?

Maddie
07-31-2007, 08:55 PM
Karyn if my name was that close i would but my guy name as fem i don't like

Kate Simmons
08-01-2007, 03:53 AM
I was thinking about using my guy name anyway. The jury is still out on that one. For right now, Salandra seems to fit my overall self better though and has a lot to do with who I am and what I do. Changing to your real name would go a long way in making a statement Hon but it's your choice in the long run. I would support you if you did though in any case.:hugs::happy:

Wendy me
08-01-2007, 04:56 AM
go for it if you want ..... my "HIM" name can be fem with only adding one letter ....... but i don't use that name .... i more a Wendy i think..........

BarbaraTalbot
08-01-2007, 05:07 AM
but now I feel like a Barbara. The funny thing is one of the things I got teased about being feminine is my male name. spell it with an ie and its a girls name, spell it with a Y and in my generation they think Manilow and Gib, not Goldwater.

Emily Ann Brown
08-01-2007, 05:59 AM
I am Emily plain and simply...I would never change it. But if you feel better about this plan than being called what you are now I say go for it. Don't know your closet situation, but being out isn't the end of the world. "Why is someone on here looking for you?" is the good question to ask if it happend.

Emily Ann

Imogen_Mann
08-01-2007, 06:10 AM
I am Jayme... But I'm thinking about changing it away from being so close to my real name, not for any reason other than.... I prefer a different name, and my new GF likes the name we chose together... So...., you know, it's a matter of personal choice.

As for people finding out who I am by looking in here and recognising me.... LOL, I don't honestly care. I won't advertise myself, but I'm not hiding either. Most likely to find me would be my kid brother, but he knows about me anyway. I could do without my boss (also my brother in law) finding me here, mainly because he's an asshole, and a homophobe.... who equates transvestism and crossdressing as "gay"... and I need my income !

As for things like 360 pages and other places I'm registered with the Jayme tag.... I'll change them over slowly and if I cant change them over, I'll re-register.

Adrienne Heels
08-01-2007, 06:24 AM
I used to be teased about my guy name as a kid...because it's so girly. Still do on occasion at work.