PDA

View Full Version : When people see you as a guy and ask why

Emma England
08-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Do you feel the need to offer justifications?

Supposing someone asked why are you wearing a skirt.
At this time of year, a reason could be that the weather is warm - too hot to wear pants.

Or if someone asked why wear makeup. The answer is because it enhances the look of my face.

So what about wearing a bra?

I have read on different message boards, that most women will choose to wear whatever clothes they like, without attempting to look like a man.

But why would a cd wear a bra when there is no need to? I personally don't feel dressed without one. It is just difficult to explain to people who have never met a crossdresser before.

I tend to wear a bra to bed even though no one is going to see me (not even myself). It just feels right. Why I do not know.

Toyah
08-01-2007, 09:35 AM
why dont you just say you are a crossdresser ????

Kieron Andrew
08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
why dont you just say you are a crossdresser ????
dang it you are too quick Toyah!, i agree....most people wont even believe it anyway and just laugh it off lol

Toyah
08-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Ha usually you are quicker tho :D

Kate Simmons
08-01-2007, 09:49 AM
Actually, I tend to get it the other way these days. When I go up to the club to have fun as Rich, people will ask me where Sal is. I usually tell 'em I put her in the closet for the night or I didn't feel like shaving or some other simple thing.:raisedeyebrow: These are gay guys and lesbians no less. What they do not know is that a lot of times I wear tighty whities under my dresses.:eek::p

bobi jean
08-01-2007, 09:52 AM
I agree. It took years for me to realize that, I AM A CROSSDRESSER is the only appropriate answer. Some one just ask you, why you are wearing a bra. Believe it or not, they know you are a crossdresser. Since the time a cousin asked if I shaved my legs, I have been slowly realizing that when confronted with any question such as this, it is, in most circumstances best to just be up front. 1st off it will make you feel better, 2nd, The truth is always the best answer, some times it does hurt a little but that pain is nothing compared to getting caught in a lie, especially if that person is someone you care about.
On the other hand, If that person is a complete stranger to you, s/he should not be asking the question in the first place, and I for one would, without reservations, let them know that it is not any of their business, but yes I am wearing a bra because I love the way it makes me feel when I am unable to dress up like I REALLY WANT.

Marla S
08-01-2007, 09:59 AM
Well, a good answer is always: Why not ? or 'Because I like it'

Hard to imagine that people are able to come up with a profound answer, except for the usual prejudices we all know.

This could lead to a nice discussion, but at least reverses the need for justification. I think TG folks sets itselves and is set by far too often into the defensive position.

We don't need to justify who we are.
Like 'normal folks doesn't need to justify their existence.

@bra. I don't wear them, because I don't need them (have neither real nor fake boobs), but I feel naked without wearing a top or chemise. I go swimming only if I wear a top and wished most other men would do too, because it just looks less ugly.

Other than that. I think a bra is THE high symbol for femininity (that's why bras were burned in the past, and why it is a very important piece of clothing for most CDs)

Dita_B
08-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Do you feel the need to offer justifications?

Supposing someone asked why are you wearing a skirt.

Or if someone asked why wear makeup.

So what about wearing a bra?

I have read on different message boards, that most women will choose to wear whatever clothes they like, without attempting to look like a man.

But why would a cd wear a bra when there is no need to? I personally don't feel dressed without one. It is just difficult to explain to people who have never met a crossdresser before.

I tend to wear a bra to bed even though no one is going to see me (not even myself). It just feels right. Why I do not know.

I was asked that very same question, while I was in a store en femme browsing for female clothing, as I have posted in one of my reports about my outing experiences. I just answered: "Because I like it". and the man said: "I would never do a thing like that, but I guess it is your choice". I said: "Yes it is" and that was the end of the conversation...

Just tell them the truth. When you say you like it, there is not much more a person can ask or say, right?

So ,no, I don't offer any further justifications. And IMHO if you chose to wear a bra, that is further nobody's business. Just do it and be happy.

:love:Dita.

Tracy_NM
08-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I often tend to act stupid and give stupid answers. My response would probably be that I have a wife my same size (yeah right - at 6 foot 2) and was helping to break these clothes in for her. Only when I have shopped, a couple of times the clerk asked who I was buying it for and think I told them my wife, the other time just said nothing and quickly changed the subject. But I agree with the above that honesty is the best policy because when we go into denial we dig deeper holes for ourselves to climb out of.

Butterfly Bill
08-01-2007, 09:27 PM
My near universal answer to strangers is, "Because I like to."

In my signature is another answer I often give.

angelfire
08-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I got asked about buying a nightie the other day actually. The cashier was like "What is this for?" and my answer was *shrug* "Something to do."

I also like the "why not?" answer.

Annette_boy
08-01-2007, 11:00 PM
When asked why I answer 1) I like it and 2) this is me and 3) why not it is comfortable
Annette

Robin Leigh
08-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Do you feel the need to offer justifications?I used to. Now I prefer to offer education.

I was asked that very same question, while I was in a store en femme browsing for female clothing, as I have posted in one of my reports about my outing experiences. I just answered: "Because I like it". and the man said: "I would never do a thing like that.But would he CD if you offered him One Million Dollars? :D

Only when I have shopped, a couple of times the clerk asked who I was buying it forYou should have said: "Yo Momma!". :devil:

I got asked about buying a nightie the other day actually. The cashier was like "What is this for?"You could say: "It's a nightie. Some feminine persons like to sleep in them." :heehee:

:hugs: to all

Robin

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-02-2007, 02:20 AM
My near universal answer to strangers is, "Because I like to."

In my signature is another answer I often give.

Butterfly Bill, i love that one in you signature, its real whitty and i'm sure people would have a hard time responding to that one, I personaly Prefer, "to make you ask Another Stupid Question." but then again that's one of the things about my current job, and m Career as a Truck Driver (currently not driving, taking a break) you need to be a "Whitty Little Smart A**." at times to get your point across. Espeacially as a Trucker Man most of them can hard headed traditionalist at times, argue over anything even your mama's name Lol~

JenniferR771
08-02-2007, 06:29 AM
This week I walked into a Goodwill store --and up front told the clerks I was a cd and could i look at the dresses. They said sure and one said "You can try on your dresses over theere in the fitting room." What a nice reception!
Some stores are better than others.

tracigirl_tv
08-02-2007, 08:16 AM
This week I walked into a Goodwill store --and up front told the clerks I was a cd and could i look at the dresses. They said sure and one said "You can try on your dresses over theere in the fitting room." What a nice reception!
Some stores are better than others.

Jen, I really like Goodwill. There are several in my area that have nice things (if you're willing to hunt a bit), and yes, they could care less about me trying on a dozen girlygirl things in the fitting room. And every so often, I will find a hidden treasure for peanuts. Woohoo!!!

Long live Goodwill and Salvation Army! :drink:

Kierci
08-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Taylor, we dont argue or disagree, Jeesh and we all tell the truth out here especially about the last bear or chicken house status. We are all upfront friendly forgiving easy to get along with people who have the most open minds of any profession.

:bonk::bigsmack::tongueout:confused2:

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Taylor, we dont argue or disagree, Jeesh and we all tell the truth out here especially about the last bear or chicken house status. We are all upfront friendly forgiving easy to get along with people who have the most open minds of any profession.

Yeah thats right we all tell the truth, thats what got me my overwieght ticket at the chicken coop in East St. Louis, Il, was a big rig saying the coops where for sell:tongueout:mad::o

Taylor, we dont argue or disagree,

:bonk::bigsmack::tongueout:confused2:

You know your absolutely correct "we" just think "we're" always right, espeacially when it comes to our opions on what is "morally" and "regliously acceptable" one of my fav. things to do when i'm out on the road is question everything, force people to think with their heads and challange everything about what is society acceptable Lol~ Had to defend myself a couple times, pushed the issues too much a couple times, as it was stated in another thread "I wouldn't push the issue in a Rednick Bar on a Friday Night". well a truckstop on a sunday isn't really a good place to push the issue either. the issue being Cding. which i find it hard to keep quite about

sorry Emma i just had to put in my reply to Jennyaz commitments, even though she's probably the only one who will get the jokes implyed, since she obviouslly know's where i'm coming from and has probably been there herself

jasmim101
08-05-2007, 01:48 AM
years ago when i was married, my ex use to dress me up and we both enjoyed crossdressing & putting makeup on for me.one evening a mate who i work with was spying threw our window,next day at work he had told every body,and i didnt no until a month later in a pub a mate of mine told me what was being said i could of died on the spot. i stop dressing after that, untill recently. but iam still scared people will take the mick again if they find out. :(

jasmim101
08-05-2007, 07:50 AM
hi ive never bin asked so woullnt no wat to say

Stephenie S
08-05-2007, 08:47 AM
How about, "Excuse me?"

What you are wearing for underwear is absolutely NO ONES business. This is an EXTREMELY impolite question. Can you possibly imagine what the reaction to YOU would be if you went up to a strange woman in say, a market, and asked her why she was wearing a bra? She wouldn't know what to say either, but she would be pretty pissed!

Smack them with your purse and scream for security and acuse them of sexual assault. I'm sorry, but you just don't ask those sorts of questions in public.

Stephenie

sallie davids
08-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I sgp the local stores and never seem to have a problem, untill i was looking at some outfits that just did not seem to fit, the upper part too tight the lower part to loose. The sale clerk asked to help me I told her of the problem and she said that most women are built that way, i tried to explaine but she was not wanting to hear of it. I have not been there since.

Deborah Jane
08-05-2007, 02:56 PM
You could say your,e an undercover cop and can they "move along and not draw attention to you":D Hey! i might use that for my 1st time out!!

JoAnnDallas
08-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I have had acrylic nails since 2005 and I have been in my present job for over 2 years now. So it surpised me when a co-worker (male) asked me why I had girl like nails. I happen to look at his hands and noticed that his nails looked like mine used to look. That is ridges, broken and splits. So I asked him to show me his hand. I then pointed out the ridges, broken parts, splits and told him I used to have the same problem. I asked him if he was happy with how his nails looked and felt. He said NO he was not, so I told him that I too was not happy and just happen to go with my sister to her nail salon when I was in my grandneice's wedding. My sister asked to nail teck if anything could be done about my nails. Since then my nails have looked like this, no more splits, no more broken nails, no more ridges. I did say that once I had them done like this, you have to maintain them every couple of weeks. He looked at mine and then looked at his. The next monday he came by and showed me his hands. He had gone home and talked with his wife about what I had done with my nails. His wife suggested the same thing I had done and they went to her nail salon that Saturday and he got acrylics. That was about 6 months ago. He came by and thanked me. He is in sales and told me the other day that some of his customers has noticed and gave him positive comments.

Emma England
08-06-2007, 12:55 PM
That is great JoAnn.

EVERYONE should look after their nails - men and women.

Mary Morgan
08-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Crossdressing is not about the clothing, at least not for me. It is about my need to appear to be a woman, and of course a woman with breasts, hence the need for a bra.

Brianna Lovely
08-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I was recently asked, by an acquaintance, why I was wearing fem clothes (skirt, ruffled top, sandals, purse, hoop earrings, lipstick, nails polished and long).

I was a little surprised by his question, but I did respond.

I said, "Because I'm a transgender person. I'm fully aware and accepting of both my feminine and masculine traits. And I feel comfortable dressed this way."

Felixi
08-06-2007, 01:44 PM
My friend who is a CDer even wears sanitary napkins. :eek::eek::eek:

I guess if he feels the need to, that is his business.

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-06-2007, 11:53 PM
My friend who is a CDer even wears sanitary napkins. :eek::eek::eek:

I guess if he feels the need to, that is his business.

I'm sorry Felixi, i know from your other post that you are trying to be supportive of your friend, but you just violaited her deeply, their are just something that are personal and really nobody's business, not even yours, sanitary napkins are one of them, if your friend saw this post she would just be mortified, i'm mean its great that your being supportive about it but be supportive about the other things she likes and leave the sanitary napkins out of it

jasmim101
08-08-2007, 11:12 AM
i love my nails. totaly mine, but they have bin breaking lately, is this because ive been using cheap nail varnish remover, ?????:(