PDA

View Full Version : buying cosmetics

Allison Vamp
06-08-2004, 04:12 PM
i know it's getting easier and easier these days, especially with the internet, but one thing i've been doing lately - the grocery store near my house is one of those huge chains where you can check your own grocery's out. i find it so easy to throw in a few items like an eye shadow or mascara in there amongst my other groceries and then check my self out. i still have a problem with looking people in the eye when buying that stuff.

diane
06-08-2004, 04:40 PM
Many talk about just being tough and heading to the checkout line. I'm with you. I might talk tough and say the medical profession says we're ok but when it gets down to it I'm still embarassed to buy large sized womens clothes and cosemetics by myself. Thankfully my wife takes care of that for me

Rachel_740
06-09-2004, 02:55 PM
Hi Girls,

If you want something, just browse the shelves (take as long as you like), pick what you want and go to the checkout to pay. Nobody takes the slightest notice, whether it's bubble bath, a lipstick, a skirt, panties, or anything else. I went in a shop to buy a pair of shoes a few weeks ago. I went straight to the assistant because I decided that would be less embarassing than just seaching shelves for size 10 female shoes - after all, they do know what they sell. She picked up a leaflet fromt he checkout desk and handed it to me. She then led me over to where the larger sizes are displayed. I picked a pair, asked if she had them in a size 10. The girl went out the back and brought them back. I paid for them and she said to me that if they are wrong, just bring them back and they would replace or refund. I'm sure she new they were for me.

These shop people serve us girls every day. They also serve guys who are genuinely buying for their GF's, who often don't have a clue what size they want even - at least we know what size clothes we wear :).

Just walk in the store, select, buy. SImple as that ;)

diane
06-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Hi Girls, Just walk in the store, select, buy. SImple as that ;)

There are many things in life that we KNOW to be true and many things that we KNOW we should and shouldn't do ... but it doesn't change the feelings we have when we do or don't do them.

To walk into a store and purchase anything for my own dressing up would be just too tough. I know they don't care and I know it doesn't matter. It's just who I am.

Thank God for my wife and the internet

Allison Vamp
06-09-2004, 05:26 PM
i got to admit, if i have to buy matching bra and panties, that would be easy, definetely girlfriend gift, but come on, who buys their girlfriend lipstick, a skirt, a wig? i know, it shouldn't matter, i tell myself that everytime, but when it comes down to it and i get to the store, i can't do it, it's silly, but it's true. i was even in MAC once and the guy behind the counter was wearing makeup and i still couldn't get myself to buy something. sad, right? there is a store here that caters to crossdressers but they're clothing is awful and they have crappy makeup. i use only the best!

Suzzie
06-10-2004, 08:57 AM
I buy my own make-up whenever I need it. At first, there are reservations about it but it gets easier as the more times that you buy it. I usually buy something like eye liner when I need some coke or pepsi from the store. The next time I'm in there I will get some lipstick. Haven't been questioned about any of these items, ever. So get going and by one or two things at a time. The thrill of purchasing something in the femme catagory is a rush, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Love Suzzie. :p

jenny_k78
06-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I do the same as you Suzzie. I pick a thing or two along with my usual shopping and so far no odd comments. Checking out was as normal as any other time I shopped.

CDKathy
06-10-2004, 10:28 AM
The more you buy the little things like lipstick and makeup, the more confident you will become. It took me a very long time before I bought my first pair of panties and bra, in person and in drab. But each time I bought some little feminine item and got through the checkout without any funny looks or remarks, it would bolster my courage for the next time. I finally did go into the store. Grabbed the first panties and bra I could find in my size, paid for them and got out. I started breathing again about 10 minutes after I left the store.

Next time, I took a little longer to pick out something I actually liked and the wait at the checkout was a bit less terrifying. Each subsequent time, I would take just a bit longer, and pick out one or two more things.

Last time I went on a shopping trip, I went into the local Fashion Bug, browsed through almost every rack they had, picked out several skirts, shorts, jeans, tops, a couple of belts and a nice prom dress (it was that time of year). I took the entire arm load up to the checkout counter where the cutest young GG waited on me. She was really friendly and explained about their frequent buyer program which saved me nearly $70.

So, taking baby steps and buying a bit more at a time really helps the confidence.

Oh, and I have never been out in public "en femme". I do all of my shopping in drab mode. ;)

pattysue
06-11-2004, 09:45 PM
I have my wife buy all the cosmetics. We usually go to Wal Mart each week and when I want to try something different I right it down on the shopping list. And once we are in the cosmetic section she will say "do you see what I'm looking for" or "what do you think of this color". Works pretty good for me.

Funny thing is that I've gone and bought her monthly products for her when she has needed them. I've also, bought her a lot of clothing. That doesn't seem to bother me. But, me buying cosmetics or fem. clothing for me is a hole other story.

Vivian Best
06-12-2004, 08:46 AM
I used to be completely embarrased buying anything feminine! Now, I just go buy it! I think it has gotten easier the more I do it. There is only one thing that I haven't bought is a wig. I really want a good one but just haven't brought the inner strength to walk in and say I want a woman's wig. Some day I'll get there.

Vivian :o