PDA

View Full Version : Boy was he surprised!

joann07
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Hello all,

Just wanted to share this with you all.

The other night, I took another big step and told a long time friend because it had been building up inside me for some time. I was so nervous my hands were shaking, but I felt that I couldn’t keep it from him forever. I think, eventually, he would've found out, but it would not have been in the best situation. His wife has known this since last year and, sooner or later, I'm sure he would've found out by accidentally walking into a conversation between me and her or possibly seeing an email suspecting something was up (i.e. She and I having an affair? Heaven sakes NO!!!), or whatever, so I felt like I'd better do it now rather than suffer the consequences and embarrassment.

Earlier, we had been eating dinner at their place and, after we were done, got into a nice conversation about life and me dating GGs and all, so then I decided that now was the right time. I had given his wife advance notice, so that she would act surprised, and then I started off by mentioning to them that I wanted to tell him something serious. I told them that I considered them like another brother and sister because we were all very close and I've known them for so long. My friend seemed a little puzzled as to why I was saying that and then the next thing I did was go on the internet and tell them that I had a girlfriend. He asked me who it was and so I showed them a picture of myself in full femme.
My friend looked at it for a few moments and said that he didn't recognize her. He kept asking who it was and I just said to look closely. His wife, acting the part, looked and said that she sort of looks familiar.
He kept analzying it and then she started to look very familiar. He looked up at me and said "Is that you?!!" So, I took off my shoe to expose my nylon covered feet then, finally, I said to him that it was me. He was shocked and couldn't believe what he was seeing. He kept starring at the picture in disbelief so I gave him a moment to soak it in and then he started pacing around, in total surprise. Me and his wife kept smiling at each other as we watched him walk around talking to himself and rambling off with all kinds of questions.
He asked me how long I was doing it and I told him that I had been doing this for almost a year. He kept asking more questions, such as, how many times have I been out, where to do I go, am I gay, etc, etc. Again, his wife did a pretty good job of acting the part. She also asked some questions including whether I wanted to have a sex change and I most certainly said "No!". I told him that I was completely straight and that I am attracted to women, but at the same time, I like to wear the clothes they wear. He didn't quite understand why and so he started asking me more detailed questions about how I got into it and what it is about wearing women's clothes that I like and so I explained it to him.
I'm glad his wife was there because she helped to sooth his initial shock and helped him to understand.

After a while, he began to relax and came back to the computer to look at more pictures. Still somewhat it shock, I would show him a new picture and he would notice something different. He'd comment about my make up, a bracelet, or a necklace I'd be wearing and ask where I got them and how I put them on, especially the makeup.
I told him that I've had a lot of practice because I go to my support group meetings every month and also learn by just watching.
He asked what I do at these meetings and I just said that its a place where I can meet other CDers, be dressed, and be myself.
Then, he asked me about the earrings I was wearing so I mentioned that they're only clip-ons because I can't pierce my ears. He looked at my ears just to be sure and then he went back to viewing my pictures.
He asked if there's anyone else that knew and I said, last year, I told another good friend of ours and he kind of bitched at me for not telling him at that time. I said that I wanted to, but didn't feel like it was the right time. :(

Anway, this Q&A went on for a while, until finally he soaked it all in, but in the end he said that he doesn't have a problem with me, now that he knows. He still wished that I had told them earlier, but oh well.
I also told him that he and his family would never see me dressed and that he would only see me in pictures.
He asked if anyone in my immediate family knows and I said "No! He said that was good because he's sure that my folks would most definitely not understand and would probably disown me if I did.

Now he knows and is accepting of me so everything is fine. :hugs:
I know he'll be joking or razzing me for rest of my life, but they're such good friends that I know I can trust them to keep it a secret.
After telling him, I really felt relieved as if another weight fell off my shoulders.
The next day, we were going on with our lives just as we were before. :happy:

Hugs!

Lissa Stevens
08-01-2007, 03:37 PM
Good for you. I wish I had the guts to tell anyone.

MichelleSanders
08-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Wow! Congratulations on taking a rather large step. I am so glad your friend was understanding. Yes, you probably will take some razzing from him over time but it will all be in good fun between you two. I get razzed all the time from my SO but it too is just in fun (would be nice if she told me I looked good once in awhile though).

I hope that some day I will be brave like you and tell some other people in my life.

Once again, Congrats!

RobertaFermina
08-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Thrilling account....a little too thrilling for my blood !

Amazing. So glad its working out. Friends are soooo precious !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

sissystephanie
08-01-2007, 05:10 PM
Good for you. I wish I had the guts to tell anyone.

Joann,

What you did was very brave. I think it really helps to have a friend, or several, that you are a CD and accept it. And Lissa, you can do it! You just have to find the right person.

My dear wife did of course know all our married life, and fully accepted me doing it. But until recently I had never told anyone else who wasn't a CD.

For almost 2 years I have been corresponding with an extremely nice GG in Scotland. I know she is a GG, because she is married and I have met her and her husband in person. We are very good friends, and recently I decided to tell her about my CD activities. She has been very accepting, and has asked a lot of "good" questions. She has also checked out this Forum, and read some of my posts. So it can be done, it just takes the right timing and the right person.

Sissy

More Girl than man

sterling12
08-01-2007, 05:32 PM
You continue to amaze me darlin'. Hope all of this works out. Can we Tri-Beta Gurl's expect to see a further escalation? This could get very interesting at The Games. Hope your not going to "come out," at work!

From that very beginning a little less than a year ago, I have seen incredible growth for Joann. You weren't that timid when you started, but I'm sure that you had plenty of butterfly's that we didn't know about. I think a bunch of The Gurl's on this forum; and in other places we both know, are living vicariously through you. Please don't take any major chances, don't want you to lose your first-rate attitude.

Can you please consolidate all of your continuing adventures into a presentation? It would be great for the next T-B meeting. I'll talk to you about it at The Board Meeting.

I will see you Saturday....we'll smooze, and life will be good for The gurl's!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Chelseaswpa
08-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Wow a huge step for you Joann! I know how hard it was to tell my wife, but telling any of my friends is highly unlikely for me. Thanks for sharing with us as well

GACountrygal
08-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Aww CONGRATS Joann!!! :hugs:
I think the best part is that he bitched you out for not telling him sooner...and not in a bad way! It just shows how much he values you as a friend and cares about you that he wants to know about you!! KUDOS Girl! Thats AWESOME!!!
:hugs::hugs::thumbsup:
Nic

teresa jeen
08-01-2007, 08:43 PM
girl you need to keep them around:heehee:you could go shopping with her and watch the game with him:happy: id say this could be a good thing!!

angelfire
08-01-2007, 10:59 PM
Congrats. Its definitely a big step, and I know how hard it is to do.

So far I have told 2 people within the past few weeks. One was a friend I know from online who I've been talking to for about 7 years. All she said was "neat" and then we continued talking about other stuff. Hasn't been mentioned once.

My other friend I told asked a few questions, such as what kind of clothes I have, and what kind of panties I have. Other than that, one time he asked me if I was wearing anything, and I wasn't (I don't wear anything femme in public, even underdress.)

That is basically all it has been mentioned, and everything seems to be the exact same as it was before, as though I never told them anything at all.

carolinewalker_2000
08-02-2007, 02:10 AM
Well done Joann; looks like you handled a potentially difficult situation very well. You were fortunate to have the support of your friends wife.

daniisummers
08-02-2007, 02:30 AM
cool post, very brave!

thanks for sharing !

Tamera
08-02-2007, 04:19 AM
It was probably the Q&A time you had that did it.

And that is actually what society needs to understand us.

Educate ONE at a time I say.
Hugs,
Tamera

Slip Affinity
08-02-2007, 05:49 AM
Really loved your post and am glad it turned out ok for you. I wish I could do the same.

tracigirl_tv
08-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Your courage was rewarded, Joann, good for you :) The wife sounds like an Academy Award nominee for best actress *giggle*

All the best to all three of you.

dskin
08-02-2007, 08:49 AM
That was a weight taken off..Congrats Joann. good luck in the future

Chris St Pete
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
Way to go girl !!!
See you soon

Chris

Mayliis
08-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Congratulations. Very brave.
Kisses and hugs,
You are cute on your picture,

Mayliis,

TerriM
08-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Im so glad that your telling your close friend went so well. I have often considered telling my brother who I am very close to. But after thinking it over many times, I decided not to tell him. I came to the conclusion that me telling him would possibly cause more problems than solve the ones I have. I mean , What would me telling him result in? I thought about it and realized that the reason I was considering telling him was so I felt better. I don't want to put a damper on your wonderful post, but my advice to anyone is to ask yourself by telling the person about your femme side will it hurt more than help ?
Yours terri

joann07
08-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi everone!

Thank you for your kind words of support and for your wonderful comments.
It really means a lot to me. :happy:
I've learned and gained a lot of experience ever since I joined my local Tri-Ess chapter (Tri-Beta October 2006), as well as this site a few months ago. Without the support of you fellow sisters, I would never have been able to build up the courage to do what I did and now I feel a whole lot better about myself.

To have friends who are supportive and understanding is such a great thing.
My friend's wife has been a great fashion consultant as well as an excellent cosmetics advisor.
I know I wouldn't look like I am today if it weren't for her advice and what a great asset she has been. :thumbsup:
I don't have to secretly talk to her, or go to her place to model clothes without him knowing, now that everything is out in the open.
As for my friend, life goes on as usual.
We'll continue to guy stuff just as we normally do, but now I know he has some new material to razz me, in good fun, for forever. :o
Its a win-win situation I would never have thought of.

I have thought about telling my family, especially my sister since we're very close, but my gut feeling says that now is not the right time.
If and when I do, I will tell her that nobody in my family would ever have to see me dressed, except for that they know that I do it, so we'll see when that time comes.

I hope that you all will be able tell someone and have a similar experience to share with everyone.

You all are the greatest! :love:

Hugs!