PDA

View Full Version : Ordered new glasses today

Jodi
08-01-2007, 06:50 PM
I was long overdue for an eye exam. My regular optomotrist retired two years ago and moved from the area. He knew that I was a cd so no problem getting androgynous glasses.

Today I noticed in the paper that Pearl Vision has a deal of BOGO free and also a 30% discount for AARP members. I stopped at the local mall at Pearl Vision got an appointment for an exam for later this afternoon.

The optomotrist is separate from the actual Pearl Vision store. He does the exams and Pearl Vision sells the glasses. Got the exam and walked over to the other side for my selection of glasses. The very nice woman (probably in her late 40's) asked what I was interested in. As I normally do, I go with honesty. I smiled and explained that I was a male to female cd, and that I was looking for glasses with an androgynous look. She smiled and said, "well let's begin by looking on the ladies side first". I had brought a couple of pictures of me. I asked her if she wanted to see the pix. She smiled and said "sure". She liked my look and began asking all the normal questions that a cd gets. While we were looking for the right frames, I got a good chance to do some great outreach. I selected two femme frames that were wire frames. She had me try on about 2 dozen frames. So now I have 2 new pairs of femme glasses that I can wear as a guy.

She was very accomodating and helpful.

So for those who stress out over getting a pair of femme glasses, it was that easy. No games!!! I will always stress that honesty and being upfront about being a cd will reap you benefits. It allows the sales person to do her job. It also gets you, the buyer, what you really want.

Jodi

Joyce1702
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Congrats on the new glasses, and on giving that lady a great story to tell at dinner.

Joyce

Sally24
08-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I've been thinking about getting some fem glasses. I usually wear colored contacts but occasionally my eyes are not in the mood for them. Don't like the look of my male glasses so I think I'm going to have to get some smaller female ones for just in case.

Anthea
08-02-2007, 11:58 PM
So for those who stress out over getting a pair of femme glasses, it was that easy. No games!!! I will always stress that honesty and being upfront about being a cd will reap you benefits. It allows the sales person to do her job. It also gets you, the buyer, what you really want.

Jodi

Jodi, you hit the nail on the head, when shopping for anything, dont beat around the bush and be honest with the SA. They don't care who its for and you really do get better help and advise with what ever it is you are after.

ArleneRaquel
08-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Selecting the right frames ( for eyewear ) is essential for a girl in order to project the image that she wishes to exude. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Exuding Sexiness When Dressed

Dixie
08-03-2007, 04:36 AM
Kewl, you go gurl!!!!!!

Di
08-03-2007, 08:00 AM
Kudos....well done..... Now some pics of your new glasses eh?Thanks for letting the girls know how easy it is. I admire your honesty....but others do not have to say anything about that when getting glasses....I as an optician, have sold many...many fem frames to males and mens to females........no one batts an eye.,.............it is not a big deal...............the goal is to find a frame that fits...in a style you like and works for the lens (script) you need. Also most opticians work on commision....and a sale is a sale.
My hats off to you girl....well done.

Raylene
08-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the post Jodi. I have been thinking about getting some femme glasses. I have to have glasses, because contacts just don't work for me. I have been looking at different web sites, and was planning on calling and giving them my prescription and ordering some. It most likely would be better to do as you did and go in were you can try them on to be sure they fit properly. It's like Anthea and Di said, there's very few people out there that really cares what you want, they are there to assist you and most are very professional about it.

Jenna Lynne
08-03-2007, 01:48 PM
I just ordered a pair of women's glasses at my ordinary optometrist (Kaiser). I really could care less what they think. I didn't bother to explain -- hey, it's none of their business! I just ordered what I wanted and paid for it. Given the amount of facial hardware the guy at the desk had, I pretty much doubt they're living in the 19th Century.

***Jenna***