PDA

View Full Version : eyeshadow at work

CrossdressinGoth
08-02-2007, 06:28 AM
Well, Ive been doing a lot of "soul searching" if you want to call it that. And I have noticed its so much easier in life for me to not hide my dressing anymore. So, as of late, Im slowly getting more and more out of the closet with my dressing. Ive been wearing womans thongs to work and now I have started wearing eyeshadow.

I use a light pink so Im wearing it, but its a little harder to notice. Well, I was talkin to my fiance the other night about it and she was saying that people at work must notice because 5ft away, you can somewhat tell, right up close its noticeable. Im just wonderin how come nobody has said anything to me or even giving me a weird look. They always could be talkin behind my back, which if thats the case, I dont really care :P Im just getting happier at the idea of doing this now and it makes me feel good to at least wear some type of makeup. Im thinking very soon on trying a different color but not sure which to pick hehe

michelleliz
08-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Be carefull what you do at work They can always find a reason to let you go and get away with it. It hapened to me

Michelle liz

angelfire
08-02-2007, 07:16 AM
I'd also suggest being particularly careful at work. Like Michelle said, if they want to let you go, they will find a reason. Sure, you could dispute it, but why bother with all the hassle if it is easily avoidable.

JoAnnDallas
08-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Another thing you can wear is lipstick. Find a color that is almost the same as your natural lip color. I am wearing a color called "Hazelnut cream". I also have a tube called "Bronze cream". Both are close enough to my natural lip color that no one notices that I am wearing lipstick. I notice it when I drink from my coffee cup, since it leaves a little. LOL I keep a paper towel handy to wipe off my coffee cup. I keep the tube in my pocket since durn the day I need to reapply it after drinking my morning coffee and after lunch.

Angie G
08-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Maybe they don't care or just respct your feeling goog luck with it hun :hugs:
Angie

joann07
08-02-2007, 09:58 AM
Well, Ive been doing a lot of "soul searching" if you want to call it that. And I have noticed its so much easier in life for me to not hide my dressing anymore. So, as of late, Im slowly getting more and more out of the closet with my dressing. Ive been wearing womans thongs to work and now I have started wearing eyeshadow.

I use a light pink so Im wearing it, but its a little harder to notice. Well, I was talkin to my fiance the other night about it and she was saying that people at work must notice because 5ft away, you can somewhat tell, right up close its noticeable. Im just wonderin how come nobody has said anything to me or even giving me a weird look. They always could be talkin behind my back, which if thats the case, I dont really care :P Im just getting happier at the idea of doing this now and it makes me feel good to at least wear some type of makeup. Im thinking very soon on trying a different color but not sure which to pick hehe

What is your work's policy on LGBT?
At my work, they have enacted a policy which promotes an employee's ability to contribute to corporate and business objectives regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Maybe your work has a similar policy and so you're free to express yourself however you want. So I say, you go girl!! :heehee:
Just a thought.

CrossdressinGoth
08-02-2007, 03:55 PM
well thanks for all the feedback. I will be careful, not trying to brag or have a big head on my shoulders, but at my place they use me as a prime example to all the newer employees on work ethic, attendance, and overall good charecter. I would hope if it was a problem they would ask first before axing me, of course I should be a bit careful too.

Im not sure how their policy is for that stuff, but they seem to be very very open to everyone. Its like a family atmosphere where I work and they seem to let you be yourself, as long as its noting that offends someone.

SandyR
08-02-2007, 06:01 PM
I missed a very small amount eyeliner on my right eye, and people spotted it right away. I would be careful, but it might just be the fact that your lady knows its there, so of course she will notice.

Hugs!

SandyR

Rachel Morley
08-03-2007, 12:29 AM
I hear you. I also want to feel like I can express my feminine side at work just like I do out of work. However, I do appreciate that work is work, and although we might live in a democracy we don't always work in one!

Caution required. I have long fingernails that are painted in clear shiny polish and I have thin arched eyebrows plus I wear women's polo shirts at work with my normal bra and panties. I've had a few people notice me, in the sense I can tell by their eye movements when they talk to me, but I haven't had any negative comments (yet) and of course I'm still (currently) employed :D

noname
08-03-2007, 01:57 AM
Jobs, always a tricky issue. Unfortunately with all the laws, if they want to get rid of someone they will. Like the saying if there is a will there is a way.

As to why no one has said anything to you, probably a few reasons. Either they didn't notice, don't care, or figure it's not their place to say anything to you. Yes they may be talking behind your back. But I do urge caution, as much as advocate equal rights for everyone.

You could try wearing just mascara, even on just the top lashes to see how it goes. I doubt many would take offense at that. See if anything is said to you. If something is said, you can then evaluate things at that point.

Lastly, if your going to wear eyeshadow, spend sometime thinking about it and make certain it's what you want to do and how you want to represent yourself. You may want to consider earth tones for eyeshadow. Sounds boring I know, but it's what most women use.

I hope I'm not discouraging you and I wish you the best. Unfortunately the world is not a fair place.

CrossdressinGoth
08-03-2007, 06:17 AM
I wear clear nailpolish to work too Rachel, someone did ask me about it and I told them the truth. My nails dont grow really, I dont bite them, they just simply dont grow, so I have stuff that helps them get longer. They asked if the stuff really works cause they heard of it and I told them we shall see cause I just started to try it.

As far as colors go, I dont really plan on doing much outside of earthtones. Id like to have it blend in if possible, but then again if its noticiable I dont mind either. Im not gonna go to work wearing like black eyeshadow :heehee: that would just be silly. Im appriciate all of your concerns with employment status, epsecially with how companies can just fire people like that. Id hope that this company would have a little more respect for the workers work performance as opposed to "OMG hes wearing eyeshadow", but you never know.

Last note, very true on how my fiance noticed I was wearing it because she was "looking" for it but..... I really think, as does her, that even to the untrained eye you would be able to notice. When I talk to people at work, or people come up and talk to me, you have to be right up to them so you can hear what is being said, so when I stand by someone to ask something or whatever, Im usually under 2ft away, and Im pretty sure, in my opinion, they can see it. If not, better for me :P

Charleen
08-03-2007, 09:01 AM
I work for a small company with mostly woman. My hair is half way down my back. My nails are long with opaque polish, I wear brown mascara on the upper lashes, two gold hoop earrings, rings(5), and a charm bracelet. Not a word has been said.

Ranae
08-03-2007, 09:45 AM
I have found that not only in the work place but almost anywhere, People are to wrapped up in themselves or what they are doing to care or notice much about anyone else. If they do notice, With todays ways they really don't care.

I find this a lot when shopping also, You are just another person to most.

BYW, My eyelids are stained so dark from shadow for so long that it now looks like I have a darker brown shadow on all the time and I have been questioned only twice while in boi mode, about it and both times by someone that's TG and ask how I get away with it.

Please do be cautious at work on how far and how fast you come out. If you are really wanting to take it farther at work, Have a private meeting with the head of the HR department before saying any thing to your foreman or managers.

But then again if it is a throw-a-way type job. Find the sexiest mini and cleavage bearing top and wildest strut high heels and show up on a Friday morning to work,. When asked why you are there looking like that just reply, "Some girls and I are going to a fun party after work and I won't have time to change." Granite you might get your walking papers but you will have on heck of a story to tell everyone later.

Oh one last thing...... You might want to think 10 times over before doing the last paragraph.....LOL

RC

CrossdressinGoth
08-04-2007, 02:21 AM
I have found that not only in the work place but almost anywhere, People are to wrapped up in themselves or what they are doing to care or notice much about anyone else. If they do notice, With todays ways they really don't care.

I find this a lot when shopping also, You are just another person to most.

BYW, My eyelids are stained so dark from shadow for so long that it now looks like I have a darker brown shadow on all the time and I have been questioned only twice while in boi mode, about it and both times by someone that's TG and ask how I get away with it.

Please do be cautious at work on how far and how fast you come out. If you are really wanting to take it farther at work, Have a private meeting with the head of the HR department before saying any thing to your foreman or managers.

But then again if it is a throw-a-way type job. Find the sexiest mini and cleavage bearing top and wildest strut high heels and show up on a Friday morning to work,. When asked why you are there looking like that just reply, "Some girls and I are going to a fun party after work and I won't have time to change." Granite you might get your walking papers but you will have on heck of a story to tell everyone later.

Oh one last thing...... You might want to think 10 times over before doing the last paragraph.....LOL

RC

funny you say think about the last paragraph, i got asked about it today by a worker im good friends with, she has no probs with it and says it looks good on me so honestly, until managment says something, Im gonna keep wearing the light pink shade i am, maybe a little more noticeable but still keep it respectiple at work, I dont wanna make a lot of peoplel be like wtf?, so I will be causious :D

Sarah.
08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't know if my employer has any kind of LGBT policy, but like Ranae said, everybody is too concerned with themselves to care about others for the most part when it comes to paying attention to things that aren't work related.

Emma England
08-04-2007, 11:15 AM
If an employer had any issues, they would have to ask EVERYONE (including women) not to wear eyeshadow.

Any other opinion may be liable for a discrimination case. Employers have to be careful nowadays.

noname
08-04-2007, 03:43 PM
If an employer had any issues, they would have to ask EVERYONE (including women) not to wear eyeshadow.

Any other opinion may be liable for a discrimination case. Employers have to be careful nowadays.

Not exactly, at least here in the US. I did some reading up on the issue and employees have sued employers for this type of thing. The courts for the most part side with employers. The theory is that for a successful business they have an image so they can have gender specific dress codes.

sexism - just like racism, just accepted

Emma England
08-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I see what you are saying.

But the purpose of makeup is to enhance the appearance of your face.

Wouldn't an employer want staff to look more attractive?

If an employer was completely accepting, their reputation might increase, as they may be viewed as a company with a modern attitude to a diverse range of employees.

It would be nice to be an employer and say that ALL staff had to wear makeup. Wonder how many guys would apply for a job then? :D

I just think this "image" of gender-based dress codes is ridiculous. Sure it is important to dress smartly enough when needed. I would never dress as a hooker in a job situation, but if dressed appropriately, where is the problem?

CrossdressinGoth
08-05-2007, 10:35 AM
I looked in the employee handbook and it basically says that anything thats not "screaming out" to everyone, so as long as I wouldnt wear like black, or stuff heavy, which i dont see a point of really doing myself, I should be fine. There is nothing gender specific with that, it doesnt say I can, it doesnt say I cant, its a loop whole. Regarless I will be smart with it. Im not gonna show up in colors that are not able to blend in with skin tones, for now. Im tryin to find myself and I have reasons for possibly wearing makeup on a regular bases wheather its noticable or not. I have another thread in the TS part of the forum so I'll just leave it at that.