PDA

View Full Version : I finally got a handle on pronouns..I think.

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 08:56 AM
AND it was so simple. All I had to do to quit making mistakes (knock on wood) was to quit using the word GUYS and instead use the word BOYS when referring to my BROTHERS on this board.

I found that when I used the term GUYS it has become too non-gender specific. I would lose track of whether I meant:

all us guys (GG's MtF an FtM included)
us guys that wear dresses,
you's guys

or whom. I found myself slipping on pronouns and with the pronouns, I found that I made errors in thinking that followed the pronouns. It is interesting how words show ones thoughts and in fact ones use of words tends to guide thoughts like a judas goat at the head of a sheep's pen.

CaptLex
08-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Whatever works for you, Barbara . . . boys, men, dudes, blokes, males, etc. - as long as it leads to "he", "him" and "his". :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 09:18 AM
Whatever works for you, Barbara . . . boys, men, dudes, blokes, males, etc. - as long as it leads to "he", "him" and "his". :thumbsup:
what he said!, personally i like anything that leads to he, him, his :)....so if you wanna say boy then go for it :D, it makes us sound younger too lol, and thats not a bad thing :heehee:

Tamara Croft
08-03-2007, 09:50 AM
All you need to do is get FTM and MTF the right way around :heehee:

Go on... go edit it... you know what I'm talking about :tongueout

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
how something so simple in concept can befuddle me so.

I had to edit lots of things in the poll. It took going over many times and I'm not sure its right yet. For example, one of the cases I state was for transmen who like GG's completely omitting the possibility that a transman would not find a Non-genetic girl attractive. Thats a pretty gaping hole that as an (holds breath, bites lip counts on fingers...) M-t-F crossdresser myself, you'd think I'd be more sensitive to!

All you need to do is get FTM and MTF the right way around :heehee:

Go on... go edit it... you know what I'm talking about :tongueout

So there! You MF

er, Most Feminine of creatures.

I was thinking maybe I'll call American and possibly Canadian Dudes, "BOYS" and those from the UK and Ozzies I'll call "BLOKES" Course then I'd have to go with "GIRLS" For US and Canada, and what, "BIRDS?" for the UK and "SHEILAS: for AU? naw, I could never keep it straight.

I wonder a bit if some of my Freudian slips with you blokes is because of the teasing and it subsequent defensiveness I got for being a little feminine as a boy. In a way, the worst insult in dude mode when young is to be called a girl, girl, or gay (as if the two were even related).

Clearly a GM (even if ~big breath~ MtF) does a transman no favors by treading lightly at calling a Dude a Dude.

~sings Aerosmith~ Dude, looks like a BLOKE.......

Tamara Croft
08-03-2007, 10:28 AM
OMG... don't you be calling me a bird... I'll slap you from here to next week.... and er... MF..... hmm.... me thinks you were gonna say something else :eek: go wash out your mouth!!!!

So... lemme see.... for UK girls... (GG's that is)... bint... uhm... no not that... chicks :D yeah that :p Sharon calls me puddin' :eek: I think I'm getting used to it :heehee:

CaptLex
08-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I was thinking maybe I'll call American and possibly Canadian Dudes, "BOYS" and those from the UK and Ozzies I'll call "BLOKES"
No need to make distinctions between our geographical locations - we don't. I've never been to the UK or Oz, but I'll answer to "bloke" (especially if there's rum involved). :heehee:

ZenFrost
08-03-2007, 02:51 PM
No need to make distinctions between our geographical locations - we don't. I've never been to the UK or Oz, but I'll answer to "bloke" (especially if there's rum involved). :heehee:

Yeah, I don't think you have to seperate us by country, we get it either way. :D

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
besides personally i prefer boy to bloke, bloke makes me feel old lol

Tamara Croft
08-03-2007, 03:10 PM
besides personally i prefer boy to bloke, bloke makes me feel old lolYeah but you are old now :tongueout

:hiding:

ouch.... don't :slap: goddamit.... ouch......

Dasein9
08-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Yeah but you are old now :tongueout

ouch.... don't :slap: goddamit.... ouch......

HEY!
Watch it, missy!

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 07:47 PM
HEY!
Watch it, missy!
hehe!!! he's older than me! good going Tamara :tongueout

Tamara Croft
08-03-2007, 07:49 PM
HEY!
Watch it, missy!You're older than Kieron :eek: :OMG: you old fart :heehee:

oohh.... wait a minute... come here you... I'll give you MISSY!!!! :bitchslap:

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
You're older than Kieron :eek: :OMG: you old fart :heehee:

and lex is older than both of us sssshhhh!:heehee:

Tamara Croft
08-03-2007, 07:54 PM
and lex is older than both of us sssshhhh!:heehee:Remind me to get him a CD zimmer frame :lol:

Yeah I know... I'm so dead :heehee:

ZenFrost
08-03-2007, 07:58 PM
All this talk about old people is making me feel young. :p

CaptLex
08-04-2007, 09:16 AM
besides personally i prefer boy to bloke, bloke makes me feel old lol
So "bloke" makes you feel old, but "geezer" doesn't? I know, I know it means something else over there, but here a geezer is an old man. Geezer! :p

and lex is older than both of us sssshhhh!:heehee:
I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm still a kid. But Das really is old. :tongueout

Remind me to get him a CD zimmer frame
:lol2:
Okay, somebody is gonna have to explain that to me - I have no idea what that is. :idontknow:

Kieron Andrew
08-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Okay, somebody is gonna have to explain that to me - I have no idea what that is. :idontknow:
This should explain it in one!

CaptLex
08-04-2007, 09:29 AM
This should explain it in one!
Ah, a walker! Thank goodness my knee isn't that bad yet. But mine would have to have a cupholder . . . otherwise, where would I put the rum? ;)

Tamara Croft
08-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I think we killed this thread.... it was Kierons fault :heehee:

1 walker with a cup holder for CaptLex coming up :tongueout

Dasein9
08-05-2007, 01:12 PM
You're older than Kieron :eek: :OMG: you old fart :heehee:

You are NOT too old to be put over my knee, missy!

Or, rather, to not be put over my knee, if you find that scarier!