PDA

View Full Version : Poll for FtM Blokes only: How would you describe your sexual orientation?

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 09:37 AM
As opposed to your gender identity of course.

I said for Blokes only because I'm guessing no one reads the forum FAQs (please do they are very good) which make it clear that we MtF's and GG's shouldn't vote in polls here because it skews results. Also, there aren't enough poll options to keep everyone , their genetics, identity and orientation all in one poll.

I'm writing the following so I can get right the number of poll choices I'm gonna need.

First case is Boys that are Straight. Two sub cases, one of whom always knew that they appreciate Girls and the other for those that 'played around in college' with Boys before they saw the light. ~wink~

Second case Boys who are Gay. Also two sub cases one who always liked cute guys, even before he realized he was one too! The other one who decided they like guys after some experience with the opposite gender, Girls.

Third case Boys who are Bi. Three subcases here. Was always flexible. Started with other boys, add girls. Started with Girls, added boys.

Last case is for those that simply prefer their own company.

I thought about adding other cases involving attraction to other transmen, or MtF girls, but it occurs to me that that is all covered above. If you like transmen, then obviously you check Gay, because you find handsome blokes attractive. If you like FtM you are straight because, you like pretty girls.

Everyone clear?

If so someone explain it to me.

Point of clarification: A girl is a girl if she feels pretty and a boy is a boy if he feels handsome regardless of optional or dealer installed equipment, whether we are talking about you or your prospective partner.

Further confused??

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 09:41 AM
i consider myself to be a straight man......I am dating a post op MTF TS..but have had an attraction/appreciation to GGs at times too, so it is definitely the female form i am attracted to, but I have no desire or attraction to MTF CDs

oh i forgot to say, many moons ago when I was young & stupid *opposed to now and stupid, before someone says it* i tried relationships with boys before i came out as trans, and it certainly wasnt for me, i got nothing from it at all

brylram
08-03-2007, 09:55 AM
Excellent, I got first vote. :p I'm straight, although I had a 'boyfriend' for about a year... the relationship consisted mainly of me considering him my buddy, and him running around thinking he was dating me cause I went to movies with him. :/

CaptLex
08-03-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm as gay as a Christmas tree, honey . . . nothing but boys, boys, boys for me (the cuter the better). ;)

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 10:05 AM
I'm as gay as a Christmas tree, honey . . . nothing but boys, boys, boys for me (the cuter the better). ;)
camp as christmas! lol ive always loved that expression :heehee:

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 10:18 AM
i consider myself to be a straight man......I am dating a post op MTF TS..but have had an attraction/appreciation to GGs at times too, so it is definitely the female form i am attracted to, but I have no desire or attraction to MTF CDs

oh i forgot to say, many moons ago when I was young & stupid *opposed to now and stupid, before someone says it* i tried relationships with boys before i came out as trans, and it certainly wasnt for me, i got nothing from it at all

You see, you think you have all the bases covered and then bam! Someone cuts it off, well or adds it back on I suppose! Hadnt even considered pre or post op.

Anyone watch family guy? Dee loves that show, its growing on me. Quagmire meets a tranny in a bar, is repulsed by her, comes back says pre-op or post op?

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 10:22 AM
You see, you think you have all the bases covered and then bam! Someone cuts it off, well or adds it back on I suppose! Hadnt even considered pre or post op.

Anyone watch family guy? Dee loves that show, its growing on me. Quagmire meets a tranny in a bar, is repulsed by her, comes back says pre-op or post op?lol i guess i like to be a little different :), I started dating the lady in question whilst she was still pre-op, but neither of us like the 'male bits' in that respect, but i knew she was transitioning so we got around it in the interim

Ryan
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I'm just greedy, and I started with females, then added boys at some point....although I do really prefer girls. I stopped anyone from really touching me in bed anyway, I hide! I think I will be ok when I have had my ops though :)

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I think I will be ok when I have had my ops though :)
will you go back to being greedy after that then :heehee:

Devon James
08-03-2007, 01:14 PM
My option isn't in the list, I still call myself a lesbian for I'm not into changing my body. Not that I'm happy with this one...I'm not a full man so I'm not straigth.
Does this make sense?

Adam
08-03-2007, 01:46 PM
i have done the pole :D love secret poles

crazy4cheezeits
08-03-2007, 01:50 PM
I consider myself pansexual. I prefer girls and genderqueers (of any variety) but have been with many guys (and only guys until about a year ago)

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 02:11 PM
My option isn't in the list, I still call myself a lesbian for I'm not into changing my body. Not that I'm happy with this one...I'm not a full man so I'm not straigth.
Does this make sense?

for purposes of the poll, if you feel like a man, you are one. Heckl I feel like a woman, and I'm every bit a man! ~grin~

ZenFrost
08-03-2007, 03:11 PM
I checked 'straight and always have been' but I could've checked 'I prefer my own company.' I'm gynephilic (I like women) but I'm also asexual (don't feel sexual attraction to other people). I'd be happy to have a girlfriend but I wouldn't want her to touch me sexually. I'm also open to dating anyone with a female gender, not just a female body (so MtFs that do not identify as male count, either pre-op or post-op, as long as they're women inside).

Cai
08-03-2007, 06:12 PM
I prefer guys. I'm also attracted to MtF CDers who identify as male, who like to dress up but have no problem with being male. Unfortunately, I might be a bit out of luck in that respect, from what I've seen - it doesn't seem like there are very many male-identified CD'ers who like men.

Tristan
08-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm gay though I like to check out hot butch women, I don't know why. I don't want to date them or kiss them I just like to look at them -- dressed.

bi_weird
08-03-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll take whatever I can get. *laughs* Okay that sounds desperate. The body and mind can be whatever they will. If the person is nice, it works for me, regardless. I hear maybe I should call myself pansexual...ionno. I prefer bi because it's simpler.

Dasein9
08-03-2007, 07:33 PM
I clicked the one for boys, but... I like MEN! Older men.

:D

boi_0h
08-03-2007, 08:54 PM
I'm bi, but i definitely prefer girls over boys. I've had a relationship with...:
a boy as a "girl"--me trying to deny being trans
a girl as a boy--me trying to assert my true self (even though she didn't get what trans meant)
I have yet to be in relationship with a male as a male.

caderemington
08-04-2007, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I definitely consider myself a lesbian still, partially because my girlfriend is a lesbian and we are still trying to compromise about everything, partly because I'm happy with my bits down there, and I have the body of a female. But even though I love girls, I wouldn't say no to another FtM

Abraxas
08-04-2007, 02:46 AM
I'm as gay as a daffodil. :D

Felix
08-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Ok I like this one... I consider myself spiritually lesbian because I only like and want sex with women but and here it is I do feel mentally like a male the majority of the time. I would change my body if I could but there's too many complications so I dress fully as male and I pass the majority of the time. So sorry I suppose ya could say I'm a lesbian/male lol!! Felix

Taylor105
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm a straight guy. I have only been with genetic born women but have not ruled out being in a relationship with a mtf transgendered person. Thanks for the poll. I've been away for awhile so I also wanted to say hi. :)

false_dichotomy
08-18-2007, 09:00 AM
"I am Gay, tried girls, but found Boys more attractive."

For sure. I tried to convince myself I liked girls for the longest time... but once I really looked at my own feelings and patterns of attraction, I realized that's just not the case. I do think girls can be really cute/pretty/attractive/whatever, but they still look better with their clothes on.

happyfish
08-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I've always been attracted to both genders to a certain extent. Though I'll shift between liking girls or guys more on a day-to-day basis.

Ryan
08-20-2007, 12:38 PM
will you go back to being greedy after that then :heehee:

I already am, but yes, I know what you mean....and erm... yes, lol!

Tobie
08-25-2007, 06:56 PM
Ya, I know this thread is a few days old, but oh well.

I definitely started out liking guys. Had a few girl experiences, but only in the last year have developed any real relationship with girls. Why?

GIRLS ARE SCARY! Yes, that includes my female self. On the whole, I prefer dealing with males. Much easier, less confusing.

ZenFrost
08-25-2007, 07:06 PM
GIRLS ARE SCARY!

Oh I definitely agree with that. Doesn't stop me from liking them though. :heehee:

Tobie
08-25-2007, 07:16 PM
They're very cute, and girls have an appeal.. soft, squishy, comfy cozy. But guys.. well, in my experience, guys are less whacked out.

ZenFrost
08-25-2007, 11:27 PM
That's true, but I got the whole Zen thing going on and I can deal with 'whacked out.' :happy:

John
08-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Mostly girls, but I gave up trying to find a box a while back (sorry to mess up you're pole :heehee:)

ali
11-02-2007, 05:37 AM
I'm not picky lol. If i like someone I like em, whatever their gender. Id probably say im more inclined towards men but im still definatly bi :D

Kieron Andrew
11-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Ok,
Now to add to the confusion:
When I am Male my testoserone takes over and I don't even think about the male gender.

When I am in FEM my Estrogen takes over and I don't think about females.

Don't know how to caterogize this one. But this is me...
Hugs,
Tamera

but you're not FtM and this was an FtM post only!

CaptLex
11-02-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm really tired of this crap - thanks for ruining the poll for those who voted earnestly. Infraction issued. :tth:

SirTrey
11-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Ok,
Now to add to the confusion:
When I am Male my testoserone takes over and I don't even think about the male gender.
When I am in FEM my Estrogen takes over and I don't think about females.
Don't know how to caterogize this one. But this is me...
Hugs,Tamera

I never comment on things in the mtf section unless it specifically states that all are welcome to comment....I don't because I am FTM, not mtf.....I have not seen ANY of the guys do it....It's so simple, really...It's just respect....People come to this board because they have gender issues or, at least, cross gender lines if they are cd....They come to be among those like themselves....for support, for friends...for many reasons....This should be a place where respect rules the day....We get enough disrespect from a world that does not understand us and doesn't want to....So why do a few just refuse to GIVE respect to others? What do they gain by deliberately BEING disrespectful....No matter what the outside looks like, we are men...and every biological male on this board who wears lipstick should be able to understand that the inside and the outside does not necessarily match...Yet time and time again, over and over...No matter how many times we post things just like I am saying now...for a select few, it goes in one ear and out the other....I'm sorry, but respect should be an ironclad rule here and people who just refuse to give it should be banned...Respect isn't rocket science...it's so simple, really....I will never understand why some people just cannot respect others. My brothers and I on this board respect all of you...I ask and demand that you give us the same. We deserve it and you are out of line completely not to give it to us. And it says a lot about your character. I'm glad we can hold OUR heads up high as men....Tamera, can you hold YOURS up high as EITHER gender? It doesn't appear so. **Trey**

Tamara Croft
11-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I am only posting in this thread, because I am posting as the Administrator. I am disgusted at the poll results, I've just pulled the stats and I think it is only fair to share the rest of the MTF members who think they can post/vote anywhere on this forum and get away with it. Well, you can't, you will be named and shamed.

These are the rest of the members you can thank for ruining this poll: -

Carol123, Eva Marie, joaniecd, Valerie, andreaattimes, roddell47, sueze, Susan G and teaky.

You should be ashamed of yourselves :Angry3:

ZenFrost
11-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I am only posting in this thread, because I am posting as the Administrator. I am disgusted at the poll results, I've just pulled the stats and I think it is only fair to share the rest of the MTF members who think they can post/vote anywhere on this forum and get away with it. Well, you can't, you will be named and shamed.

These are the rest of the members you can thank for ruining this poll: -

Carol123, Eva Marie, joaniecd, Valerie, andreaattimes, roddell47, sueze, Susan G and teaky.

You should be ashamed of yourselves :Angry3:

Tamara, thank you for sharing the names of the people who don't have enough common decency to respect us as we respect them and completely disregarded the fact that the title explicitly says FtM only.

Kieron Andrew
11-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Tamara, thank you for sharing the names of the people who don't have enough common decency to respect us as we respect them and completely disregarded the fact that the title explicitly says FtM only.
yup i agree we now know who not to trust

aethen
11-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm gay though I like to check out hot butch women, I don't know why. I don't want to date them or kiss them I just like to look at them -- dressed.

Hmm, I'd describe your sexual orientation as "exhausting"... but that's just because I'm not quite as oriented as you

:p

~Mark

Kieron Andrew
11-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Hmm, I'd describe your sexual orientation as "exhausting"... but that's just because I'm not quite as oriented as you

~Mark

:hiding:

Tristan
11-02-2007, 08:04 PM

~Mark

lol Wait till I start my shots (crosses fingers for tomorrow) it'll get a lot worse!

aethen
11-02-2007, 08:31 PM
:hiding:

Which of us are you hiding from?

~Mark

SirTrey
11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
lol Wait till I start my shots (crosses fingers for tomorrow) it'll get a lot worse!
That's exactly what I was just saying the other day...That I am afraid that I will get worse, too...LOL Oh, well, guess people will just have to keep hiding behind those couches.....:)

xTwo_Of_Heartsx
11-24-2007, 07:52 AM
http://www.panmacmillan.com/images/frontCovers/main/9781405092845-01.jpg

Drake
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I'm bisexual but mostly straight. My ideal person would be someone who is also transgendered or just born both genders though. :)

Wren
11-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Hehehe fairy..

Sexual orientation? Shame the poll was ruined but I couldn't find a box anyway.

I am a gay man.. or a straight man, or a straight lady, and I've delved in being a gay lady as well.

I'm pansexual? It just really doesn't matter.. at present I am either a straight woman or a gay man.

Cheers