PDA

View Full Version : Poll for FtM Blokes only: How would you describe your Gender Identity?

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 10:38 AM
There seems to be many different textures that I have come to recognize in Male to Female (there writing it out helps) Crossdressers. Some enjoy the fabrics and clothing for the intrinsic charm in the fabric, the cut, the forbidden, whatever. Some see dressing as a way to let the girl within out. Some are part time, waxing and waning. Some seem to have it wrapped up in their orientation, feeling more comfortable exploring sexuality with men, or other CDs as girls in ways they don't as boys. And a few (seems rare) Are both always in girl mode and not especially attracted to girls.

How do you see your self?

(I think) I am a Straight MtF CD, with no male dysphoria, but apparently some female euphoria. I enjoy being male, but also enjoy presenting as a female. It seems less sexual to me now than as it seemed in my younger days, and from what I read that is common.

Are you dysphoric about the attributes of your birth gender? Are you euphoric about male traits? Do you feel comfortable with both genders and presentations? Do you crossdress for gender bending fun or does it feel like solely an expression of your inner gender.

Kieron Andrew
08-03-2007, 10:40 AM
my inner gender is male, i live full time as male according to that inner male.....

Ryan
08-03-2007, 10:59 AM
:yt: :)

CaptLex
08-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Are you dysphoric about the attributes of your birth gender? Yes :sad:

Are you euphoric about male traits? Yes :D

Do you feel comfortable with both genders and presentations? Not really - I want to be seen as male 'cause I feel male, but I do have some femmy characteristics and mannerisms which I don't have a problem with. I'm a femmy boy as opposed to a butch girl. :happy:

Do you crossdress for gender bending fun or does it feel like solely an expression of your inner gender? The only time I crossdress for gender-bending fun is when I put on something that might be considered fem. :p

Adam
08-03-2007, 12:29 PM
i am male always have been my body though it got confuzed in the makeing

Devon James
08-03-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm not a girl, I'm not a man. I'm both, but feel better as a man. Don't know how to put it actually..

crazy4cheezeits
08-03-2007, 01:53 PM
None of the above. Neither male or female is completely comfortable to me. I am more male but wish that the gender binary did not exist because I fall outside the system.

BarbaraTalbot
08-03-2007, 02:07 PM
..because it is for us m to f's too.

I tried to cover it all. I would have thought opinion 3 applies to those that are kind of none of the above, but it didn't occur to me that there could be discomfort with both genders. A case of my own bias showing I think. Since I identify a little with both, maybe more male than female, it didn't occur to me to add neither. Is there a way to edit polls? if not I'd like to see a revised one sometime.

Both of these polls I'd like to transpose the gender id's and reposting m to f eventually.

already (admittedly with little quantitative data) is changing some of my preconceived ideas.

ZenFrost
08-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I'm a man. My body might be female, but I'm a man.

Cai
08-03-2007, 06:06 PM
I feel like what Lex said - I'm a fem guy instead of a butch girl. I've been a butch girl for 20 years, but it wasn't who I was. I don't want to look like or be a butch girl. I want to look like a fem guy, because that's who I am.

Dasein9
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM
I clicked the first one because it was closest to true, but... I'm a phenomenologist. I do not see my self as something different from my body; I am an embodied being. This body is my way of being in the world. Without it, I wouldn't be what I am. So, I'm a guy, with breasts and a vagina.

bi_weird
08-03-2007, 07:54 PM
Oi why did I answer. I'm already regretting it. I'm lost again about who I am. I think I'll probably just write a thread about it...

ZenFrost
08-03-2007, 08:02 PM
I clicked the first one because it was closest to true, but... I'm a phenomenologist. I do not see my self as something different from my body; I am an embodied being. This body is my way of being in the world. Without it, I wouldn't be what I am. So, I'm a guy, with breasts and a vagina.

Uh-oh. Now you're getting deep. :heehee: I don't suppose you're going to start quoting Descartes now? I seem to recall him saying some stuff along those lines.

boi_0h
08-03-2007, 08:49 PM
I've always known I was male, even though I knew (an was forced to recognize) I've got a female body.

Dasein9
08-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Uh-oh. Now you're getting deep. :heehee: I don't suppose you're going to start quoting Descartes now? I seem to recall him saying some stuff along those lines.

Nah, Descartes radically differentiates between the self and the body. Descartes was wrong. :D

John
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
me=boy (though with some embarasingly femail trates when it comes to crafts :heehee:)

ZenFrost
08-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Nah, Descartes radically differentiates between the self and the body. Descartes was wrong. :D

True, he thought the mind and body were seperate entities which communicated through the pituitary gland because he didn't know what it did :rolleyes:. But I can see a connection between 'my body is my presence in this world' and 'my body and mind are seperate, with my body being in this world and my mind being incorporeal.' You know, I should really quit now before I launch this thread into a philisophical discussion. me+philosophy=bad idea to get me started

Cai
08-05-2007, 07:33 PM
me=boy (though with some embarasingly femail trates when it comes to crafts :heehee:)

Crafts? Like hobbies? I'm knitting. Like with needles and yarn. And my sister picked the yarn because it's a gift for her, so it's FLUFFY PINK YARN.

You think it might affect passing if I knitted a pink scarf in public? :heehee:

Kieron Andrew
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM
You think it might affect passing if I knitted a pink scarf in public? :heehee:
if you do you have to make a video lol

Felix
08-09-2007, 03:45 AM
No I don't feel comfortable with my female traits. Yes I do prefer to dress in mens clothes. Yes I like my male side more than my female side. I think I know who I am without any labels or little boxes. Felix

SirTrey
08-09-2007, 08:07 AM
I am a guy who lives in a girls body...I don't dislike My body, but am not altogether comfortable in it, either...It's a mixed bag...Truthfully, if any label fits Me, it's probably "ftm crossdresser"....I have always felt like a "female poser"...and, in fact, that has been brought to My attention over the years...People would make comments like, "You stand like a guy", etc. One night in a gay bar, I got hit on by a gay guy bigtime...I said to him, you DO know that I'm a Female, right?" He was stunned, he thought I was a crossdresser...because, though I actually AM Female by genetics, I present more like a crossdresser...My "inner male" cannot and will not be ignored....My personal "style" is more "androgynous", I guess....I'm just ME...but, on the inside, all guy....It took Me a while to figure that out...I am Dominant by nature and did the FemDomme thing, but it absolutely NEVER felt right to Me...So I identify as the following....Female by genetics, Male by gender, and My sexual orientation would be "straight" because I am attracted to mtf's.....If I take MY gender and THEIR gender and leave the genetics out of it, I am straight....I like men who are WOMEN on the inside....They are the Yin to My Yang....and the more submissive, the better....I did the bi/lesbian thing, and that was good, don't get Me wrong...but I have come to realize that it is their NATURE that I was attracted to, not the equipment, per se....There is a LOT of variety in the whole transgendered world and I would just love to see everyone respect each other for who they are, what they are, how they identify, and support each other a thousand percent...As well all know, being trans creates a lot of unique challenges, and it's not easy being "different"....but I am happy with Me, and hope that you all are, too.....Hugs to all....**Tracy**

Dasein9
08-09-2007, 12:03 PM
True, he thought the mind and body were seperate entities which communicated through the pituitary gland because he didn't know what it did :rolleyes:. But I can see a connection between 'my body is my presence in this world' and 'my body and mind are seperate, with my body being in this world and my mind being incorporeal.' You know, I should really quit now before I launch this thread into a philisophical discussion. me+philosophy=bad idea to get me started

Yeh, there's a connection between the two theories, but the latter is a deliberate refutation of the former. Phenomenology rejects the mind-body distinction and favours an approach to human nature that gives more weight to actual experience. We can't have perceptions without both a body and consciousness which organises the perceptions into meaningful thoughts, both.

It's a lot of fun, this philosophy gig.