PDA

View Full Version : New Exiting sensation! (a skirt fits)

Pamela girl
08-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Yesterday morning while my S.O. was gone for the morning I decided to dress for a while. We have been gone all summer on vacation with her son on a boat in the caribian so there was no chance to dress plus I didn't have anything on the boat to put on. Well I felt I had lost a little weight but wasn't sure until I went to zip the skirt. Instead of sucking in and letting my breath out just to try more than once to get the zipper up I simply pulled it up and felt the skirt snug itself against my waist and go all the way to the top without stopping! Wow I was in heaven just thinking how comfortable it was like this instead of that normal squeeze that is uncomfortable!
With a skirt fitting like this I really don't want to take it off.

Claudia Zylindrias
08-03-2007, 11:01 AM
That is the best feeling to get into a outfit that was a pain to get it. After some time you slip it on it zips up and your the best looking gurl in the world.........yum

Ema1234 GG
08-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Perhaps in future you could just buy a bigger size instead of trying to squeeze yourself into something that's too small? Clothes that are too small for you really are not attractive. :o

But congratulations on having it fit now.

Pamela girl
08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
I guesse buying a bigger size sounds right but everytime I do that it will fit my waist but then everything else is way to big and doesn't fit. I have just gotten used to it being tight in the waistband.

SandyR
08-03-2007, 11:18 AM
Its always nice when the scale tips in the right direction. Enjoy that!

SandyR

Linda C
08-03-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm sure many of the pirates in the past felt the same way - A little time at sea is good for a the body and soul. Have you taken a good look at Johnny Depp in his pirate outfit? Shave off that goatee and you have a CDer.. LOL :D

KandisTX
08-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Have you taken a good look at Johnny Depp in his pirate outfit? Shave off that goatee and you have a CDer.. LOL :D

Hmmmm.. maybe that's why I play a pirate at the Renaissance Festivals most times. (I was the first at TRF to portray Captain Jack Sparrow).

Kandis:love:

JoAnnDallas
08-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I have been on a diet for a while now. Then one day I happen to come across a couple really nice dresses. Looking at the size tag, they said Size 12. Well I am a Size 14 but thought why not try and see if they fit. not only did the back zipper just zip right up, but both were not tight in the wait either. I was so suprised that I could now wear a Size 12, I started to giggle.

Phyliss
08-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Ah yessss , being able to wear something that's a bit smaller than normal what a wonderful feeling that is.
We all "understand" how clothing can "talk" to us. A week ago I was in Fashion Bug and a pair of jeans whispered to me, "pssst, come here and try me on"
"But you're a size 6."
"That's ok, try me anyhow."
So,....I did.
Inside the fitting room, I pulled them up, ok so far, tucked in my shirt, good, zipped them up, better, buttoned them, even better, realized I could breathe, very good, now for the final test, I sat down, and...didn't hear the "tell tale" sound of ripping cloth. Great.
Guess who came home with me?
Now I didn't go "golly bonkers, crazed" and buy all of them, just in case that was an accident. I have lots of size 8 to keep me happy for now. But if my weight loss continues I will have at least one pair that fits me.

DonnaT
08-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Congrats Pamala!

I know how you feel. I've lost over 18 lbs in the last couple of months, and my jean skirt fits pretty well. Even though I bought it a couple of yrs ago when I was about 13 lbs lighter than I am now.

az_azeel
08-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Well done Pamela.... it is a great feeling... when something fits sooooo nice :hugs:

Glenda58
08-03-2007, 08:20 PM
Congrats Hon on getting into your skirt. Now keep doing what you were doing to loss the weight and you could get into even smaller sizes.