PDA

View Full Version : state ID

Niya W
08-03-2007, 12:51 PM
hmm has any one in here goten a state id in feme ??

Linda C
08-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Wow good question - That would be fantastic - but you could probably get in some hot water if caught? That might add to the game... :happy: - I know that I couldn't pass..

Niya W
08-03-2007, 12:57 PM
well my male name would be there just a feme pic. so when I got to the bars its easier. paying with CC or even flying. plus i dont see anything illegal about in cali

Stephenie S
08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I am doing just that this month. Our primary ID is the state DL. I called the DMV and told them my apearance no longer matches my license picture. They told me to just go get another picture taken. I will let you all know how it goes at the DMV.

Stephie

Daphne Renee
08-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I live in Indiana and I dont think I could get away with that. In order to get a state id you have to show your birth cirtificate and another form of id. (just something else with your name on it)
I recently went to get a replacement dl beacause I had lost mine . You had to do the same thing. I had a state id but you still had to have a birth certificate.

Sally24
08-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Where I live allows you to have both a drivers liscence and a state id. I went last month and got a state id with Sally's face on it. All other info was the same as my male drivers liscence. You can't get in trouble if that is your normal appearance. If you switch between male and female modes than in one mode you're always going to look different from your id. You choose what mode that is.

Does anyone look good in their id photo?!:mad:

sterling12
08-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh shucks Sally, you blurred all the personal information on your ID Card. That will make all those guys in Uganda very unhappy!

I have a Tri-Ess Meeting Saturday Night. Some of The Gals from Orlando have gotten Femme IDs and have spoken at earlier meetings about it. Can't remember the particulars, but I'll see what I can pass along on Sunday. One thing I do remember is that each state is different. Wherever a person is; gonna need to "suck it up," and call The DMV.

Peace and Love, Joanie

Stephenie S
08-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I don't have to show another ID because I still have my old license. I will have to turn the old one in to get the new one with my new picture on it. But then I will have proper ID. I am sure they won't put Stephenie on it but I am going to ask.

Lovies,
Steph

Phoebe Reece
08-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Different states have different rules regarding this, but in Georgia it is no problem. I have an ID with my femme picture on it. I got it in 2005. See this old thread of mine to see the details of what was involved: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706

Sheri 4242
08-04-2007, 04:28 AM
Different states have different rules regarding this, but in Georgia it is no problem. I have an ID with my femme picture on it. I got it in 2005. See this old thread of mine to see the details of what was involved: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706

Phoebe beat me to it, re Georgia. I haven't done it, but know several who have (gotten a Georgia state I.D. -- femme photo).

Kate Simmons
08-04-2007, 06:29 AM
It all sounds good but don't think these alternate ID's are the solution to all our potential problems. Law enforcement can still hold or detain us without any reason if there is suspicion of fraud, identity theft or probable cause for misrepresentation in this post 9/11 world of paranoia.:straightface:

Stephenie S
08-04-2007, 10:09 AM
Well, of course they can. We are just trying to make it easier for them to let us be.

Lovies,
Steph

noname
08-04-2007, 03:47 PM
How could you possibly get in trouble? That would be like the state requiring women to have long hair and makeup for their photo. Wouldn't that also make it illegal for a woman with a long hair id to get her hair cut short?

Sugar01
08-05-2007, 03:06 AM
I always thought it would be cool to get a fake driver's license just for when I'm in femme mode. If the person I'm with wants to be a little sneaky and go through my purse, that is what they would find (along with a made-up address just to be safe). :heehee:

sterling12
08-05-2007, 01:17 PM
I promised to report back, so here's what I found out at my Meeting last night.

The person who gave the original presentation was not there. What I was told last night by others...."You can go down to The DMV, get a new license with your femme pic on it, but you have to surrender the other one." "So, if your out driving as a guy, and you get stopped, you will have the same problem." Sounds like Catch 22 doesn't it? An obvious boon to TS girl's who are in transition, but not much help for CD's.

I still don't have the info on a state ID card. I am pretty sure they are issued in The State of Florida, but we are back to the same situation I stated earlier. Your going to have to call and tell them what you want. And, I'm sure it's the same in every other state.

It begins to seem that the easiest thing to do is take along a towel. If your stopped, rip off your wig and wipe the makeup off. Maybe then, Officer Friendly will be able to figure it out!

Peace and Love, Joanie

ShannonDragon
08-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I too live in Indiana. Here you can get a driver's licence but you can also get a state ID. I know of a few folks who went down en-fem for a State ID. They still have their male DL.

I don't don't know how easy/hard it was or where they went for it. I assume the BMV.

:tongueout

Jodi
08-05-2007, 05:38 PM
No. I see no need to have one. When out enfemme, when I have to show ID, I show my male ID and I grin when doing it. Never had a problem.

Jodi

Niya W
08-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Well i to travel en feme and would like to get on a plane with no issue. Its also the amount f time i spend out in public as a woman