PDA

View Full Version : Discovered by an Aquaintence?

SallyStone
08-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Have any of you ever accidently bumped into someone you know while you have been en femme? In spite of my numerous outings I have never had a close encounter with someone I know. I assume it's just a matter of time. This is one of the things that makes my wife nervous about my crossdressing desires. She is so supportive, but she gets concerned that I'll be outed by one of our friends.

I think the encounter would have to be a close for someone to really recognize me. When I dress, I look nothing like my male persona. My wife doesn't have a disguise to wear, so she feels almost naked when she's out with me and I'm en femme.

kay_jessica
08-04-2007, 09:26 AM
I was shopping in Marks & Spencers in my home town en femme and turned into an aisle and came face to face with my mother in law. The cool thing is she did not recognize me. She did not even react accept to say excuse me as she pasted by.

Hugs

Kay

SANDRA MICHELLE
08-04-2007, 09:44 AM
I have not been close yet to being seen by anyone I know but I'm sure it will happen some day since I get careless at times. My wife also does not want to live threough the day that I get found out so for now I'll keep it secret. We have thought about getting my wife her own wig and some dark sunglasses when we go out but haven't as of yet got around to that. I mostly shop out of town so that limits the chances but I am not naive enough to think that my family and friends don't sometimes shop out of town also. I secretly hope to get caught but it would be very unfair for my wife so I also hope to never get found out, what a mess.

Deidra Cowen
08-04-2007, 11:05 AM
I finally had this happen.

Was driving down the street enfemme on the way to da mall late in the afternoon recently. Was at a stop light and a guy I knew was right next to me and looked right at me! But I have seen him since in boy mode and he showed no reaction. Luckily I don't think he knew what my car looked like...and luckily I really look nothing like my guy self when in femmy mode.

Then a couple of weekends ago I was at da Stage Door, our Tgirl hangout in Atlanta where if nothing else is going on we gather at that spot. Anyway I spotted a Girl from work, did not know she was a lesbian! Anyhow I actually saw her at work on Monday, she did not even look twice at me in boy mode so she did not bust me. I really don't have any interaction with her at all...just one of those people you see at the job but have not had a reason to talk to.

Jenny Beth
08-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Living in a very small town going out enfemme has never been an option. Fortunately Vancouver is only a ferry ride away and being such a large city the chances of running into anyone I know is next to nil....or so I thought. On one of my outings a few years ago I had stayed at a downtown hotel and went out in the evening to window shop and later go to a nearby TG friendly club and everything went without a hitch. The next day on the ferry home I ran into my brother-in-law who lives a few miles from me. He had been in town to look at a sailboat that had run aground and needed repairs (his line of work) and he had stayed at a hotel two blocks from mine. Not only that but he had also been cruising the same area that I had at about the same time, I never saw him and if I had he probably wouldn't have recognized me. But things could have been very different, especially had my wife been with me. A close one for sure!

sandra-leigh
08-04-2007, 04:16 PM
Have any of you ever accidently bumped into someone you know while you have been en femme?

One night when I was taking the last bus home after visiting a club en femme, the couple that got on the bus at the same bus stop turned out to be my (literal) next door neighbours. And they recognized me for sure.

[When we reached our stop and they meandered into the convenience store there, I waited and walked home with them and chatted with them. I figured it was better that they see that I wasn't hiding or ashamed of what I was doing. They've been fine about it, and we still talk about as much. And they've happened to see me the odd time as I went out dressed to the taxi.]

Yesterday, I was in drab, and stopped at the local shopping centre for a couple of things. I was just a few feet from turning in to the bra store (Sale!) when I glanced over and saw the elderly neighbour from two doors over, a friend whom I would hate to accidently hurt. Sudden change of direction! (I got to the bra store later.)

Sinthia
08-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Tess-leigh . . . You really know how to treat people. Not letting that elderly neighbor see you dressed was sweet. Keep up the good work!

AmberTG
08-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Last halloween, I was in a Goth dress with wig and makeup, (no beard cover) and ran into several people I knew. I don't think any of them actually recognised me until I started talking to them. Of course, that might be cheating, being halloween and all.

trannie T
08-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I've gone out dressed on International Crossdressers Day {Halloween} and have been seen and recognised {and photographed} by many people I know. When I've gone out at other times I've been more discrete and have never seen anyone who I know. I've had a couple interesting encounterd while shopping in drab but that is another story.

LindaTS
08-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Like some of you, I too live in a small town of about 1200. When I go out for shopping, etc. I have to leave the immediate area for any security. The hard part is the first block. So far, so good. My car is like tons of others so it blends in quite well. I usually go to the Utica area and hit Wal-Mart or the mall. On two occasions I've met people face to face that live where I do and they showed no sign of recognition. Who knows, maybe it will happen some day. Then again, maybe not.