PDA

View Full Version : GREAT shopping experience yesterday

Joyce1702
08-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Saturday I went with a GG friend to do a little shopping. I wore denim capris with a pink t-shirt with a floral embroidery on the front, and sandals.

We went to Ocean State Job Lots in Schenectady, NY first. Aside from some other household goods, I picked up a pair of wild sunglasses for $5., a new mascara, and more makeup wipes. No problems there, it was funny, in the checkout line, the lady in front of us was dressed almost exactly like me, her capris were dark blue, but not denim. When I checked out the cashier asked if I'd like to put the sunglasses in my purse so they didn't get "smushed".

From there we went to Rotterdam Square Mall. First stop was Claire's. We both get three pairs of earrings (buy 2 get 1 free), hers were regular, mine were clips. Then we went to T J Maxx. I bought a top on clearance, but unfortunately, it doesn't fit. Obviously mis-marked, it wasn't even close to the right size. There the cashier asked me if I wanted to donate $1. to some cause.

Next stop was the food court where we sat and enjoyed a diet Coke. No one paid the least bit of attention.

We moved on to Payless. We tried on several pairs of shoes and each bought a pair. These are the ones I bought:

http://www.payless.com/Catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?&TLC=Womens&SLC=WomensDress&BLC=WomensDressClassic&Width=Wide&ItemCode=56609&LotNumber=056854&Type=Adult&Popularity=557&DescriptiveColor=Black

They're peep-toe heels with a strap. Very cool looking and surprisingly comfortable.

Last stop was K-mart. Picked up a couple small things there and headed home. It was one of my very best enfemme shopping days so far. We had a lot of fun. Pics will be posted later.

Joyce

Glenda58
08-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Glad you had a good time shoppping with GG friend. Love the shoes would need a shoe horn to get them in my closet but I'm going to try.

joann07
08-05-2007, 05:27 PM
Joyce,

Sounds like you had a very nice weekend.
Glad you had a great time.
Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Hugs!

Katrina
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
Joyce, sounds like you had a good time. Have you found that the malls in that area are ok with TG people? I had always wanted to do girly shopping there, but I haven't had the chance.

Staci
08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Shopping is always fun when you find something that you know will look great. The most enjoyable shopping is when my wife helps me. She has great taste and remembers what I have in my closet so we get something that will compliment something else in my wardrobe. Happy shopping.