PDA

View Full Version : Do you think an INCREAS in Testorone would DECREASE your FEMALE desires?

Tamera
08-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Ok many of us want to take T-BLOCKERS or ESTROGEN to INCREASE our FEM side.

WELL,
What about the ones that MAY want to DETER that need and take TESTERONE to DECCREASE/ELLIMINATE the need to TG and live the GENDER you were born.
Do you think this would this work or not????

I was just recently asked this question, so I thought I would ask the forum for their thoughts.
Tamera

Marla S
08-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Dunno.

If an increase of the respective hormone level appropriate for the biological sex would be an effective 'cure' of TG, we would know.

Because hormones and hormone levels and their influence on mood and behavior are a very complex matter, I think an increase, as well as an decrease, as well as no noticeable changes in the desire to dress are possible.
What might work for the one might have the opposite effect for the other.

As a rule of thumb I'd say it has no effect.

(I have to think of two identical twins brother. The one behaved more masculine the other more feminine, their hormone levels have been the same.)

Julogden
08-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Hi Tamera,

I don't think it would work. The reason that some of us want to take female hormones and/or testosterone blockers is that those will make physical changes in our bodies to make us more female-looking. There is some anecdotal evidence that female hormones can feminize the mind to a degree, but nothing that's been proven in clinical trials or anything like that, don' know how that could be done.

Additional testosterone doesn't seem to have anything to do with influencing gender identity in males who already have enough of it, and if a CD's main reason for dressing is for a sexual thrill, adding more testosterone might increase libido, making dressing an even bigger thrill.

That's my half-baked opinion anyway.:heehee:

Carol

Glenda58
08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
NO! If CDing was a turnon for you it will make it more so. Plus you could lose more hair and go bald.

Tasha T
08-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I already have a ton of testosterone running through my body so I don't think that's the answer.

Lorri
08-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Hi Tamera,

As far as I know, if your desire to crossdress is sexually-driven (i.e. you're a transvestite), increasing your testosterone levels is more likely to have the opposite effect to what your suggesting. I don't think any link has been found between having low testosterone levels and being a crossdresser or a transvestite. The desire is psychological not physiological. If someone is seeking S.R.S. for the wrong reasons (i.e. their a TV not a TS), taking female hormones usually lessens their desire to transition. If you really want to reduce your crossdressing, counselling is usually recommended.

Slip Affinity
08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I've often wondered if my testosterone level was lower than normal but I've never asked the Dr. to test it.

Deborah Jane
08-05-2007, 02:26 PM
I asked my counselor about taking more testosterone when i started therapy.She checked it out and seemed to think it wouldn,t stop the desire to dress, but one possible side effect was it could lead to more aggression and anger, [which i don,t need]

Paula Roush
08-05-2007, 02:34 PM
At the age of 53 you should have some testosterone level in you system.

But after my doc did some testing, he found that my testosterone was like
5 and he said it should be around 100 so now I am on testosterone now.

With all the different blood pres. med the boys are very small. And it will not
get hard.

So what is a person to do ?

Mary Morgan
08-05-2007, 03:23 PM
My doctors have all said my testostereone level was normal, and that it had nothing to do with my desire to dress. Now, they did say that if I increased my estrogen level, my dresses would probably fit better, hmm!

Mz Stiletto
08-05-2007, 04:06 PM
I doubt the sex hormones drive gender orientation.

Leah B
08-05-2007, 06:11 PM
They've tried hormones as a cure and it doesnt work. There's no way to get rid of trans feelings short of transitioning or crossdressing.

BarbaraTalbot
08-05-2007, 06:24 PM
I was downright swarthy by 14. For some reason though despite high testosterone levels, I stayed skinny and couldn't build bulk.

Now,balding, I can still see evidence of my testosterone level, hasn't changed anything.

AmberTG
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM
A year before I started on any form of HRT I had my T-level tested. It came back at 803 which is pretty high for my age then,49. It had no effect on my urges, it just made me more agressive and iritable. That's the 2 main side effects of increasing testosterone.

Tamera
08-05-2007, 08:33 PM
OK,
So if CD'ing is not a hormonal imbalance(since it seems increasing ones T-Level will have no effect), then where is the underlying cause of TG?
Tamera

Lora Olivia
08-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Dang sure don't know what causes it hon....think it may be a combo of things such as mothers hormone levels while we were in utero along with things that happen during our formative years....but the one thing i do know is i dang sure wouldn't take T to try to stop it and become more of an aggressive, irritable person as a result. Heck sweety these are the traits that I and Lisa hate about "him":2c:

michellebesweet
08-05-2007, 08:50 PM
dont know why you would even do that, but I would not mix drugs like that, that is really messed up....

Kristen Kelly
08-05-2007, 10:55 PM
Adding Male Hormones are not the cure.....and if it was I wouldn't want it. There is nothing wrong with me, it's the world that is wrong, not being able to accept ideas that are different. I have never been happier with myself, I have been trying to change how others think, no need to change myself

Niya W
08-05-2007, 10:59 PM
I dont think it would and here is why. I know former body builder that took steroids. SHe was doing that to kill the feme side. Did every thing masculine she could. Now she has had FFS and plans to transition.

Miss Petra
08-05-2007, 11:05 PM
I have had low T my entire life & have been on T shots & creams to try & compensate for the low levels. I went through Rage, Hot Flashes, Night Sweats, & other side effects. Finally after years of this I said enough. After two years my T levels plumeted my E levels remained high always have been Grew a full breast size natural B cup. MY skin became softer & less hair on legs & arms, & stopped losing my receding hair on my head. During this time I never lost, or increased or decreased my desire for dressing. Its always there; it will always be there, it is who I am.

Taffy
08-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Increasing one's testosterone level would increase one's sex drive, but would do nothing to one's gender orientation. Both sexes manufacture testosterone.

They had a program on This American Life a year or so ago and one of the segments was about testosterone. A lesbian recounted how when she took a large dose of testosterone her sex drive went waaaaay over the top.

Sheri 4242
08-06-2007, 01:21 AM
The medical evidence suggests that one causal possibility (with a high degree of probability) of mtf heterosexual crossdressing is the effects of feminine hormones -- received in utero during what is commonly called the hormone bath or wash -- on the developing fetus. To be exact, this effect is upon a specific cluster of brain cells. Once developed, the subsequent taking male hormones would not be likely to produce a significant effect on one being a crossdresser. That said, it is entirely possible to produce a transitory effect proportional to one's individual hormonal levels. This is why when some mtf crossdressrs get angry, their desire to dress temporarily decreases.

Current suggested medical therapy for mtf heterosexual crossdressers is mental and emotional support; drug therapy is not indicated.

Tamera
08-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Thanx,
Everyone for your responses I'm sure there is more to come. It seems so far that the UNDERLYING reason for a person to CD starts in the uterus, posted by Sheri.

Though taking Hormones will change your physical appearance it seems to have little or no effect on how you live your GENDER BORN life.
Tamera

MarinaTwelve200
08-06-2007, 08:08 AM
Ok many of us want to take T-BLOCKERS or ESTROGEN to INCREASE our FEM side.

WELL,
What about the ones that MAY want to DETER that need and take TESTERONE to DECCREASE/ELLIMINATE the need to TG and live the GENDER you were born.
Do you think this would this work or not????

I was just recently asked this question, so I thought I would ask the forum for their thoughts.
Tamera

Here is a case wher it IS important to know (or have a good idea) why you crossdress. If your CD is not sexuality based, and your are a hetro male, and into something like fetishisim, escapisisim, SM or certian kinds of "thrill seeking " CD, then TESTERONE may INCREASE your TG activity--as it is being driven by male hetrosexual impulses. Don't necessarily equate TG or CD with "unmanly" behaviour. it may very well be "MISDIRECTED" (from the norm) "manly" behaviour ---and only intensified by more male hormone.

To confuse matters even more, even if you THINK you "want" to become a woman, it may not be TS, but a condition called "Autogynophilia"---an intense self-directed form of hetrosexuality, where a guy loves women SO MUCH that he wants to become one---TESTERONE could make this condition even worse.