PDA

View Full Version : A long time away

Sherrie
08-05-2007, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone. It has been quite a while since I have been here. Lots of things happening in my life. I became a member of a local Tri-Ess group in Orlando/Kissimmee Florida. I've been going to the meetings since January. I also have become just about as full time as I can be, dressing most everyday after work. I am almost dressed all the time now. I've been going through a bit of turmoil as well. Fighting with having to and needing to tell my father about what is going on in my life. I finally did so, and he still loves me. I was very pleasantly surprised. I dreaded doing so, but in retrospect I am glad I finally did. I should have done so a long time ago. The thing that was hardest I guess, is telling him that I am more than just a crossdresser. I am and have been for a couple of years considering transitioning. Now I am going through with my transition. I am more than just a crossdresser, and I guess that was the hardest thing to tell him. I told my mother at least a year before I told my dad. It is such a relief now that my family knows. They did not push me away, but have kept me just as close as before. Something I feared greatly was being rejected by my family. Of course they don't understand, and really neither do I. It got to the point that I knew I had to tell him, because I was finding out that people who I would have never thought knew, know, and that got back to me. I was kind of shocked that so many knew of my activities. I live in a small town, so I guess word gets around fast. I didn't want someone telling him before I did. Of course I have had to answer some questions that are difficult to answer. Some about my sexuality, dating and overall feelings. I have never been open about my feelings, especially towards my family. I learned when I was younger how to hide, disguise, and extinguish any emotion. Now I am relearning to let my emotions back out, and it feels good. To cry when I am sad or when I am happy. To share my feelings with someone. I feel so wonderful as a woman. It is a shame it took me so long to realize and find out that I am and not be in denial, or depression about something I had for a long time in my younger days felt was a bad thing. I am so much more comfortable and relaxed.
I guess enough of my rambling. Anyway it is good to be back, no longer hiding in a closet. I hope I have not bored you all with this. Just some thoughts I guess I needed to write.

Shelly Preston
08-05-2007, 06:33 PM
hi Sherrie

Welcome back
I am gald you were able to tell your father and that you seem to be getting your life sorted At least now you dont have to hide anything

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us :hugs:

paulaN
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
Glad to have you back. Sounds like you were getting along fine with out us. way to go sista.

Sally24
08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Some don't understand that the emotional part can actually be a bigger thing than the clothes and appearance issue. I understand what you are saying about showing and expressing your emotions. Thanks for sharing!

michellebesweet
08-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Welcome back Sherrie, have a seat and stay a while

Glenda58
08-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Welcome back Sherrie we're here for you anytime.

Sheila
08-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Welcome back Sherrie,

Jess

joann07
08-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Hi Sherrie,

Its good that you're back on the site.
I had fun hanging out Friday and Saturday. I enjoyed our conversation during the meeting as well. I'm glad that things went well with telling your father.

Hopefully, I'll see you again at next month's meeting.

Hugs!