PDA

View Full Version : "Hairspray"

Phoebe Reece
08-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Last night, a CD friend of mine (Edie) and I went out to see the movie “Hairspray”. It is a fantastically entertaining and funny movie. It’s worth it just to see John Travolta singing and dancing in drag. We saw it in the theater at Discover Mills shopping center in the distant Atlanta suburbs. This theater has 18 screens and at 7:15 PM (the time of our movie) the place was really crowded with everyone from parents with kids to teenagers out on dates. Not a problem for Edie and I. Even though we were not exactly dressed “to fit in”, no one really even gave us any funny looks, and we certainly weren’t hassled in any way. In fact, after the movie was over and Edie and I were taking pictures of each other in front of the advertisement for the movie at the entrance to the theater, a nice young lady offered to take a picture of the two of us with my camera (see photo, Edie is on the left, I am on the right). I always seem to meet nice people when out dressed.

After the movie, we went to a nearby Taco Bell for a late meal. After that we headed to our local hangout, The Stage Door, where Edie and I watched the drag show they have there for awhile and shot some pool before calling it a night.

Atlanta is really a great town for a crossdresser to live in. If any of you come for a visit sometime, you will find you can go pretty much anywhere dressed and have a great time doing it.

Melinda G
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Most people don't take it nearly as seriously as we do.

AmberTG
08-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Hey, that's a great picture of you two, made me smile. You're both quite cute. "not dressed to fit in" seems appropiate here, but you both look good!

Glenda58
08-05-2007, 09:39 PM
Hi Phoebe I saw Hairspray last week. I laughed so hard and offend at my mascara was running down my face. I had seen the first one many years ago and didn't think the remake would any good. I was wrong it was great.

rebeca_abigail30
08-05-2007, 09:48 PM
Would anyone suggest it for someone who was go out for the first time? Seeing this post, I thought about going tomorrow (take in the first showing, that way I'm done by the time I have to pick up the boys).

Phoebe Reece
08-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the compliment Amber. Maybe if enough of us CD's get out and about wearing things a little on the dressy side, we'll start a trend for the GG's..... Maybe not, but I feel good wearing what I want to, where I want to.

Rebeca, yes, going to the movies is a good first time outing. Especially so if you go at a time when the theater is not crowded. I've been to the movies dressed lots of times and it's always fun. Another thing is that a number of the larger theaters have "family" unisex bathrooms. That can be handy if you had a large drink watching the movie and don't feel comfortable going to the ladies room.