PDA

View Full Version : Help a GG?

Aliera
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I hope this is the right place to post this.

I want to see if I can make myself appear convincingly male. I also want to accomplish this without majorly altering my normal appearance.

Advantages:
Broader than average shoulders.
Not large (A-cup) breasts.

Disadvantages:
I'm short and look young. I'm 19 and often get mistaken for closer to 16. I'm 5'1.
I have long hair that I don't want to cut off.

In particular, I'm looking for advice on what sort of clothing would be best to conceal my body shape and hair. I've also looked at compression shirts on Underworks, but am unsure as to which one would be best.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

brylram
08-05-2007, 11:55 PM
I don't know a whole lot about binders (I only have one kind, and it was a gift from my mother), but I don't doubt someone with more knowledge on the subject will be along soon. As for the hair, I've heard that simply tucking it up under a hat can be effective, as can simply leaving it as is if you are going for a more metalhead or hippy kind of look. Looking young might also work to your advantage, as younger males can have a sort of feminine look to them anyway. And finally, for clothing it's often suggested that you wear baggy, oversized clothing, but I would try that out in front of a store mirror before purchasing new clothing, as it can also just make you look fat. I don't know what your body type is, but what I'd go for in pants, is styles that sit a bit lower on your hips and have legs that hang straight on you (tapers and curves can be very feminizing and draw attention to hips in my experience). And for shirts either a t-shirt with a looser button-up overshirt with the buttons undone, or with the buttons done up worn directly over your binder (to keep cooler in the summer). In the end though, we're all different, and it'll take some time for you to figure out what fits you right while showing your own personality. I have a much larger chest than you do, so you could potentially get away with wearing a t-shirt over your binder while I could not.

Summary: go to some stores that carry clothes with the look you are going for, and just try some on. You'll learn far more from actually going out and doing it, than listening to people talk about it.

ZenFrost
08-06-2007, 12:12 AM
The Tri-Top from Underworks has the best binding. Be warned though, it might take a few minutes to put on. If the weather isn't too hot try to layer as much as possible, it wont just hide your breasts but your curves as well. As brylram said, loose clothing is a good idea.

You might want to check out this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62743 because Simon basically asked the same question as you and so all our responses are there, along with good links to check out.

crazy4cheezeits
08-06-2007, 12:23 AM
brylam's advice is very good.

As for the breasts, I have a size B so a little bigger than yours but not too much. If you don't get a binder but just wear an exercise bra (maybe one a little small on you), and you are going with the button down shirt or layering idea, your breasts shouldn't show. If you want to wear a tshirt, you will need a binder.

Also, I don't know if you're doing this to go out in public, or as an experiment in your house, and if it's long periods of time or short periods of time. But, if you're only doing it for like a couple hours, ace bandages work well for binding, and they cost like 3 or 4 bucks. They just get REALLY painful if on for too long (but might not be a problem with an A cup, I'm not sure)

noname
08-06-2007, 03:15 AM
If it were me, Just wear a pair of relaxed fit jeans and plaid shirt. For you hair, just pull it back into a pony tail, but make certain the tie of the ponytail is at the base or hairline.

I think your hair could be the most difficult part. Guys with long hair tend not to cut it, leaving it looking long, uneven and rugged. So depending on how long your hair is, how clean cut it is will make a difference. If you have bangs make sure to slick it back or off to the side.

John
08-06-2007, 05:46 AM
It's the right place to post it. After all, it's crossdressing of the femail to male type.

Try pattened shirts/tops, as the pattens distract from you shape. Dark colours hide shados, and brest pockets can help discise you're chest. I know some of the boys here have found that ties have helped. Also, I tend to fill in my eyebrous with brown eyeliner, as men typically have darker, fuller eyebrows than women.

Watch how men act. How they talk (their vocabularry, their pitch and town), walk, and sit (try to take up space).