PDA

View Full Version : Night Out

Jamie14
08-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi girls! :happy:This is my first thread that I ever posted so please be kind if I am breaking any rules or protocol as I am totally new to this. I thought this would be a good place to talk about a night out that I had last week. It wasn't exactly Cinderella going to the ball but I'm not exactly Cinderella either. I've had numerous trips outside driving or walking around but this was only my 5th trip out in which I was fully dressed. The scary thing about this trip is that the first time I have been out without a GG with me. Trip #4 occurred a few months ago in the same town with two of my GG's. It didn't go very well- I'm afraid a so-so make over in a well lit restaurant gave me away. It was at an Asian rest. with the big square table everyone sits around- too hot!, too close to strangers! Nobody said anything but I knew and I just stayed quiet and rigid the whole meal. It was kind of a downer as the last trip out to a Steak& Ale was awesome!! One of my girlfriends seemed hesitant about going out on this trip into town. My other one had to work.
I found a new salon to do my makeup and hair and they did an incredible job. The women there had so much fun doing this with me that it made it that much more fun for me. They did my nails for free, coached me on walking and sitting and a few other things. They let me hang out in the salon until closing time (7PM) at which point I went to run a few errands. I decided to go to the Lane Bryant down the road as I had bought my top from them a few months ago and I wanted to see if the two very helpful sales ladies were still there so I could talk to them. One of them was there and we had a great conversation before I moved on to Belks to do some shopping. I loved going through the racks and I felt incredibly relaxed and almost euphoric. I ventured into the middle of the store to ask one of the ladies at the makeup counter what she thought of my makeup. She was very excited and said they had done a very good job. She touched up my foundation while I sat in the chair by the counter (something I've always wanted to do) she said I looked scared and I should relax and smile and have fun. My next visit was the historic area of town where I walked around and asked a couple of girls to take my picture. And then made a quick stop at a drugstore and then to the local bookstore where I walked around and looked at books for awhile. I can't tell you what an incredible confidence builder this trip out was for me. The women at the salon gave me lots of complements as did the sales people at Lane Bryant and Belks who raved about my hair, makeup, and outfit!! The only negative of the night was when I had to change and call it a night. :sad:
I'm not sure if anybody noticed and I really don't care- I had so much fun. The time shopping and spent at the salon were incredible. ( I would recommend a good salon for anyone that is not confident about doing their own hair and makeup- which is my situation. You just have to find the right place and the right people.) I wore black heels, black tights, a silky black skirt with a white top and my auburn hair. I need to work on my accessorizing, my voice(of course), and I wish there was a way to shrink down from my 5' 11" for a few hours!!
Thanks for letting me share. I love reading everyone's posts over the last couple of weeks since I joined up. You all are wonderful.......Jamie

uknowhoo
08-06-2007, 03:16 PM
WOW! Congratulations Jamie on your very successful outing - quite a confidence booster, I'm sure. :GD: I'm glad it went so well for you, sweetie. :hugs: Could we talk you into posting as pic or two? :D Thanx for sharing your success story with us. :hugs: Tammi

Deborah Jane
08-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Wow,sounds like a brilliant evening.:D

joann07
08-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Hi Jamie,

Congradulations and welcome to the forum.
Thank you for sharing your outing with us.
Its so addictive and a lot of fun to go out.
Keep it up girl.

Hugs!

Ranae
08-06-2007, 03:59 PM
WaHoooooo! Sounds like a great time to me....

For the most part I am , Way more excited and much happier with the Shopping, Bowling, Putt-Putting and dinner events than the bar/club scene. Now don't miss judge, I do like the club parties we do, But the others are far better for me personally.

There is just so much more to being a girl than just "CLUBBING" as you seen in your adventure.

You will enjoy being out as a girl in public, more and more as you get out in the general public more.

Hugs
RC

Jamie14
08-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure abt posting pics on the site though- kind of worried work would find out and tht would unfortunately make things uncomfortable I'm afraid

Holly
08-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Jamie what a nice evening you had. Some of my funnest times (is that a word?) out are just running about doing errands... picking up merchandise at the beauty supply store, getting the car washed, picking up incidentals at the grocery store, etc.... just doing normal stuff a normal girl would do. I'm glad you had a nice time.

danielle40I
08-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I've noticed that a few have commented that they are afraid to post pics to the forum. Awhile back I thought the same thing and then came across a statement that gave me reason to question my own fear.

Think about this...

This is a forum for transgendered folks and people who have interest in us. Why would anyone else have reason to be here? If we are seen by others that we feel might not be so understanding or tolerant then why would they be here in the first place. If someone who only knows me from my male persona were to mentioned that they saw a pic of me as Danielle, and said it in a way that seemed neffarious, I would ask them where they saw the pic. What were they doing on a web site that was related to transgenders? Should they find my femme persona so very disturbing then why were they even in that particular web site. Were they curious? Did they have malicious intent?

This could be a great time to be an ambassador for the transgendered community, if nothing other than helping another individual come to terms with their own personality.

Just my HO.

Jamie, I have to just stand in absolute admiration for your courage and conviction to step out into the world as you have. I'm very close
to taking that very step. I'm very fortunate that I've found a wonderful woman, who I treasure, that is doing all she can to enlighten herself as to who I am as the man she is soon to marry. She is encouraging and so very helpful in ensuring my needs are met and helps me when I become Dani (her nick name for me). She and I have already been out once as two girls out for the evening. She did everything she could to allay the absolute terror I felt. And she wants to do it again!

Take care girls,

Dani

Dani

Jamie14
09-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Danielle,

When I say I am reluctant to post pics, it is not in fear of any member that reads and posts to this site. Some of us have occupations that are very sensitive to certain issues- even though it is extremely unlikely that anybody from that side of my life would be here- I'm just not comfortable with the risks involved right now. I have been out in public several times and believe I can pass for a woman- even though I have been read a couple of times. Maybe later down the road with a little more experience and confidence ( and some better pics! ) Congrats on finding an understanding woman. Mine tolerates the existence of my stash but doesnt want to see it or participate. She seemed more receptive years ago when we were dating - would help me with makeup and dressing up, but I guess things change. My visits out are usually when I am out of town. Good luck with your new SO- must be awesome to have found one that is TRYING to understand!....Jamie

Amanda Shaft
09-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi Jamie, It sounds like you had a great time out, I’m really pleased for you. As for the picture posting issue, like all aspects of cding we all have to decide on our own limits and objectives, it would just be nice to have a face to attribute the words to. Maybe one day!?
Amanda

Trinni
09-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Congrats on having a good time out. As for posting pics, don't worry about it. Only do it if you feel comfortable. No one is here to judge, we are here to express ourselves at what ever level we feel comfortable.