PDA

View Full Version : How Many Of Us CD's have Girly Jobs

Ambercd12
08-06-2007, 06:47 PM
The jobs I mean like a waitress or something along that line.

SandyR
08-06-2007, 06:51 PM
IT, work with lots of female nurses. Does that count?

Sandy

Ambercd12
08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah it does count by the way in my profile it says im a waitress but im not one anymore i am now a nurse.

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm a waitress, bartender, when i'm not driving my Big Girls truck Lol~

MsEva
08-06-2007, 06:55 PM
I am a teacher, guess that at least at one time was sort of a girly career.:happy:

rebeca_abigail30
08-06-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm a unit "administrative professional" in the military. Sitting behind the desk, typing and making sure everyone doesn't have any issues with their pay. When I retire from the military, I want to become an ER nurse.

TerriM
08-06-2007, 07:27 PM
I think you will see more of the opposite. As a lot of CDs have or have had macho jobs. My dream job would be a salesgirl in Lane Bryant. I would probally spend my whole paycheck at work.

Yours Terri

charlie-50
08-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Not me(but i only crossdress at home) im bluecoller i run a four color printing press so i get my hands dirty 5 days a week ....charlie.....:2c:

SandyR
08-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Welcome Amber to the Clinical world, and I say this with true respect, Thank you!

We need more folks like you to help care for others......

My hats off, or my heels, well something like that!

Big Hug!

SandyR

trannie T
08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Correctional Officer, I can't think of anything more femanine.

:bonk:

AlysonCD
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM
I'd love to have a more girly job but I work hotel maintenance. Kinda hard to climb a 10 foot ladder to paint something wearing 4 inch heels.. Although I'd love to try.. lol

CaptLex
08-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Isn't wait-staff a gender neutral thing . . . waitress/waiter?

I have what many people consider to be a female job - secretary. But it really isn't. There are many male secretaries out there - and more everyday.

Ambercd12
08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Caplex i ment the one were you are required to wear a uniform.

Katelyn
08-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Dispatcher. Does that count?

kathyjojo
08-06-2007, 09:06 PM
I am a x-ray tech I work women all shift god I wish I could all the pretty scubs and dresses.

Stephanie Kay
08-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered nurse teaching in a school of nursing. Been a nurse for 29 years.
I went into nursing because it was a "girlie career" er, I mean, a female profession!

Love,
Stephanie

Billijo49504
08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Male house wife. I cook, clean, and do the shopping. I'm retired and the wife works. So I send her off, and I turn on Rachel and get the vaccumn out, or start a load of laundry. Does this qualify. Lots of days I'm in a skirt or girls jeans all day....BJ

angelfire
08-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Not me(but i only crossdress at home) im bluecoller i run a four color printing press so i get my hands dirty 5 days a week ....charlie.....:2c:

I've worked in printing before as well. Mostly bindery though.

I currently work in shipping & receiving at Liz Claiborne.I'm the only guy working there.

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-06-2007, 10:17 PM
I've worked in printing before as well. Mostly bindery though.

I currently work in shipping & receiving at Liz Claiborne.I'm the only guy working there.

your a lucky girl aren't ya

Ranae
08-06-2007, 10:48 PM
I have a job that a lot of GG's are getting in to....:rolleyes:

Yep I drive a truck, very regional, Like, Ohio-Indiana-Michigan. It is great as I don't load or unload anything so I don't have to worry about breaking a nail on their stupid freight and I can work en fem some nights and no one knows the difference unless it is in the restaurant at the truck stop.

Plus I am home a lot.

RC

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-06-2007, 11:20 PM
I have a job that a lot of GG's are getting in to....:rolleyes:

Yep I drive a truck, very regional, Like, Ohio-Indiana-Michigan. It is great as I don't load or unload anything so I don't have to worry about breaking a nail on their stupid freight and I can work en fem some nights and no one knows the difference unless it is in the restaurant at the truck stop.

Plus I am home a lot.

RC

yep yep i got to say i love my BIG GIRL TRUCK, thats why i'm returning home to the open road, i just can't wait to get my skate broad back its been to long, i've been nursing an knee injury that pulled me away from it,

Debbie47
08-06-2007, 11:35 PM
I wish I had a girly job. I work in a chemical plant on 2nd shift and there are zero women on this shift. I cannot even consider wearing something feminine to work because of the completely male environment. I work around smelly sweating men all week long. If you want to find your way somewhere just follow the spit marks on the ground. When I visit a shopping mall on the weekends its like a breath of fresh air getting to see and be around women. Someday I hope to have a job that will allow me to be around women and maybe get to wear some female clothing to work as well.:straightface:

SatinDoll00
08-06-2007, 11:47 PM
No...seriously, I am not a Hooter's Girl.

I am a retail store manager. I sell very high end products. Some are girlie enough I guess. Believe it or not, I have recently interviewed for the position of District Manager of a very famous lingerie chain (my dream job!!)

I am also pursuing a career in nursing. I am in nursing school (part time). This was not really because it is a "girlie" career, but because I really, really, enjoy helping people.

Although, the white nurse's dress does sound appealing!!

Morgan

(okay, for anyone that thinks they really know me, you should be able to put the pieces together now...ex band member, retail manager, nursing school...what else do you need?? :) )

vivianann
08-07-2007, 01:00 AM
I would like to be a house wife, however since we all need to work, I would be a maid, or a waitress, I love to wear uniform dresses.

Beth785
08-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Not a girly job, and not quite the open road. I drive something much bigger. Locomotive engineer on the open rail. Just goes to show that there are CDer's in just about every walk of life.

Chelseaswpa
08-07-2007, 07:06 AM
I used to be a framing foreman on residential construction- LOL worked in blue jean cutoffs and boots all summer- I am trumping everyone so far! hugs to all of you this really fun! Thanks Amber for starting such an awesome thread, I hope this goes on for awhile. Working in that enviroment I heard all the jokes and comments and would join in sometimes - but always thought- If you all really knew- giggles!

Dita_B
08-07-2007, 07:53 AM
I am an executive in a construction company. But I don't swing a hammer because I am the one who makes the sales, writes the contracts, pays the bills and deals with the customers.

I think that if I would present myself as a woman in a classy but sexy skirt suit, I could do my job a lot better in this men's world. I have noticed that women nowadays can make a big impact among macho men, especially if they know what they are talking about...

Who knows, perhaps one day...

:love:Dita.

Emmie
08-07-2007, 08:13 AM
I provide law enforcement in a very hostile (and quite macho) environment and I like what I do very much. Although I would probably like it a teeny bit more with a pair of pantyhose.... :heehee:

lynnmcarthur
08-07-2007, 08:36 AM
I work in students services at a university. It si a woman dominated profession(80% nationwide). Caring is fun.

janet1234
08-07-2007, 08:49 AM
This has been the most illuminating thread I have yet read in this forum; finding fellow girlz in so many different professions.
Really fascinating, interesting, encouraging, delightful; it would be so nice to meet some of you. I had a rather unexciting career as an engineer.

Charleen
08-07-2007, 08:52 AM
Gender neutral. I'm a tour guide.

Suzy Harrison
08-07-2007, 08:59 AM
I'm a medical rep - but 99% of the people I work with are girls. Sometimes I conduct training sessions - just me in front of 30 girls. If only they knew I wanted to be just like them

:love:

Linda Daniels
08-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I would like to work as personal assistant in an upscale professional office.

Linda

Chelseaswpa
08-07-2007, 02:26 PM
I am an executive in a construction company. But I don't swing a hammer because I am the one who makes the sales, writes the contracts, pays the bills and deals with the customers.

I think that if I would present myself as a woman in a classy but sexy skirt suit, I could do my job a lot better in this men's world. I have noticed that women nowadays can make a big impact among macho men, especially if they know what they are talking about...

Who knows, perhaps one day...

:love:Dita.

Being in the same line of work now Dita- you are exactly right on the money. GG's make the decisions 99% of the time! BTW I guess Emmie dropped me down a notch eh:heehee: :love:

KandisTX
08-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Corporate sales rep. I negotiate contracts with CEO's, CFO's and a bunch of other O's ;) hehehe

At the renaissance faires, I'm a pirate.. which means I wear what I want :) Usually just tights and a tunic but still.. :)

Kandis:love:

Deborah Jane
08-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I work in a body shop painting cars all day, so at least i get to see what colours work well together! But my dream girly job would be Air stewardess. [I love to travel and what a way to do it].

Sharon B.
08-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I'm like Terri wanting to work in a Lane Bryant store.
Beginning of the summer they had a help wanted sign in their window but at the time didn't want to work there but now if that sign goes back up I will be sure and apply there.
I'm to that point that I am willing to walk out that door dressed as a woman in the daylight and work as a woman if I can find employment as one.

Carroll
08-07-2007, 05:08 PM
well, I did work as a certified Nursing assistant (CNA) in a nursing home. I was one out two males (the other one was gay) that worked there for more than two months. Most guys couldnt "handle" total care. I also worked in a veterinary office as the only male vet assistant. I now work at Sears in a department will mostly girls

Ruth
08-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I work in an office environment where more than half the staff are women. It's great for observing women and picking up style tips, but not a good place for wearing any femme items because women are much more observant than men!

Kristen Kelly
08-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Well not the most Feminine job, but I get to smell like one. I work for a Independent Cosmetic Packager as a Production Engineer, we do Perfumes and cosmetics for many of the big companies as well as small ones. And yes I do leave work smelling great EVERY day, as well as having samples to try at home. :tongueout

Tip or Ozma
08-07-2007, 06:28 PM
I am substitute teacher (K through 5th mostly). Ninety-five percent of the teachers in my district are women, as are the majority of administrative staff. There is always interesting and fun "girl talk" in the teacher's lounge.

I do not underdress when I teach, but I do play mental fashion police. If I a take a high school job, it almost embarrassing to see what some of the teenage girls where to school.

Jena11
08-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, my regular job is quite hard work, I am a computer geek with digital color printing so sometimes get to print pretty things. I do lots of training and work with mostly women. It is pretty good. I have really only liked working with women and when I have not it has not been a good job. I do not get much overtime now that I moved and I need more to keep me busy, I applied at Victoria's Secret for a part time job. I am hoping I get in. I think it would be good for me to just work in that enviorment and learn to be more outgoing. Also, get a discount. That would be the best. Jena

Reba Kay
08-07-2007, 10:53 PM
I am an Electrician of 37 years, You should try working on live 480 volt electrical panel in 4" heels. I have done some privit electrical jobs in a dress and heels. Mostly at my house. But have done it a couple of times for a couple of old friends.
Thanks, Reba Kay

Sweet Jane
08-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Hi..I don't think my job is too girly...I am a firefighter....its not just those ladders in my stockings that I worry about...and don't even get me started on hose!!!

maryjanecapri
08-08-2007, 06:30 AM
i guess i do. i'm a hair stylist.

Adrienne Heels
08-08-2007, 06:38 AM
I work for a female manager in an office, so I guess my job is girly, too. I am the only guy in my department.

Chelseaswpa
08-08-2007, 06:49 AM
Hi..I don't think my job is too girly...I am a firefighter....its not just those ladders in my stockings that I worry about...and don't even get me started on hose!!!

Hose? double entendre? :heehee:

TerriM
08-08-2007, 07:50 AM
I was in Law enforcement for 20yrs. Most of those years I enjoyed doing my work. But I loved and still do getting all dolled up and going out.

Terri

TxKimberly
08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
IT, work with lots of female nurses. Does that count?

Sandy

Your killing me - can I have YOUR job?

Oh, my job" Field Service Engineer (Electronics and Instrumentation). VERY few women that i know of and none in my company. Before that I spent 12 years active duty Army.

goofus
08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Not a girly job, and not quite the open road. I drive something much bigger. Locomotive engineer on the open rail. Just goes to show that there are CDer's in just about every walk of life.

Wow...that was actually my dream job when I was young :happy:

I used to be a framing foreman on residential construction- LOL worked in blue jean cutoffs and boots all summer- I am trumping everyone so far! hugs to all of you this really fun! Thanks Amber for starting such an awesome thread, I hope this goes on for awhile. Working in that enviroment I heard all the jokes and comments and would join in sometimes - but always thought- If you all really knew- giggles!

Don't join in the jokes!! How are we ever going to get rid of the stigma??

Chelseaswpa
08-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Wow...that was actually my dream job when I was young :happy:

Don't join in the jokes!! How are we ever going to get rid of the stigma??

Hon I was in my twenties, VERY gender confused, and trying my damndest to really like GG's :hugs: sorry I was just telling the truth, and not proud of it now, but it happened. :love:

Linda C
08-08-2007, 01:00 PM
I am a stay at home Mom - I guess that applies.. :happy:

Missy
08-08-2007, 03:00 PM
Ok I crossdress wear panties and a bra to work and work as a manager for a fast food place had a managers meeting with my boss and I was the only male manager out of 10 or so managers in my bosses area dose this count?

martyvs120
08-10-2007, 09:47 PM
i am an engineer also.

lindsaycd75
08-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I am a teacher, so i guess so.

brittanny
08-10-2007, 11:27 PM
I'm a lineman (linewoman) so I guess thats not really a girly job

kaitlin
08-11-2007, 09:29 AM
When i am at home I always have my toenails polished (same color as my wifes) and I only wear pretty panties, 24/7. I dress when the time presents and push the limit a little with make up in male mode. But I am a welder for a company that does nuclear plants. I cant wear anything but male yucky stuff when I am there. Kaitlin

Sheila
08-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Jobs are jobs, they are no longer gender defined anymore just my:2c: not meaning to offend :D

Sweet Jane
08-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Jess....in some respects I agree with the intent of your statement.....however, I think the nmeaning behind this question was "are you working in a job that is maybe dominated by a female workforce"...or in a job thats been viewed as a "traditional female occupation"?.....if I was a professional bra fitter, I would think that I was breaking into a job that women have generally held over the years, so I would view it as a girly job......if I was an alaskan crab fisherman, I would see that as a bit more of a manly job. I don't think the intent was ever to infer that women, or men for that matter have an exclusive right to any occupation.......

JoanFlores
08-11-2007, 05:22 PM
I have been a house wife for more than a year, so everyday I get to dress up in panties and nice things.

SusanMarie
08-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I work in the real estate business; which, statistically , is dominated by women. One of the reasons I enjoy it, I think!

alysonatl
08-11-2007, 10:42 PM
[I];m lucky because my job allows me to work at home, so I dress quite frequently. I have several "Career Woman" outfits, and get myself into the mindset of being a woman at work. I just wish, however could share "ladies room gossip" and go to lunch with the girls.

Rhonda480
08-12-2007, 07:56 PM
I was a golf professional for a few years, moved to golf sales and then golf management. There were very few girls in the business, but a few "stay at home women" livng around the course that had me drop by from time to time for "coffee"... I loved to see what they were wearing or not wearing...saw a lot of underwear by "accident" and kept a few pair of panties that weren't my size...drat. I am now in real estate management and manage a construction company...hairy and manly on the outside...pink panties on the inside.