PDA

View Full Version : Curiosity killed the cat

TxKimberly
08-06-2007, 07:51 PM
I know how rare an actual "new" question or topic is on this forum, so I would imagine someone has asked this before, but I'll ask it anyway!

There have been a number of threads on the MTF boards asking "Why?"
Why do we crossdress? Why do we want/need to do it? So I would like to ask y'all Why do YOU crossdress? Only a fool wouldn't admit to themselves that men have advantages over women in the world - work and other areas, but I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that this is not the over riding reason for most of you.

It would be chicken S%#t for me to ask with out putting my self out on a limb so I'll use my favorite analogy to describe why I do. Its pretty much the caterpillar and Butterfly thing for me. Most of my life I am the caterpillar (substitute the word "worm" there if you like) and when I crossdress, for just a little while, I feel like the butterfly - something beautiful (at least in my own eyes! lol)

Thanks guys and y'all take care!

Kieron Andrew
08-06-2007, 07:57 PM
oh you do pose hard questions dont you :tongueout

well for me i dont see it as crossdressing, its about more than just the clothes, its how i feel inside, as for why i express my male self outwardly? cos i feel comfortable, whole and at peace when i do, which incidently is 24/7

BTW its nice that you visited this side and asked us a question :D

CaptLex
08-06-2007, 07:59 PM
Same here, Kimberly, it's not crossdressing for me - they're just my clothes . . . 'cause I'm a boy. :happy:

TxKimberly
08-06-2007, 08:00 PM
. . . cos i feel comfortable, whole and at peace when i do . . .

Very few words and yet you manged to say it all. I'm gonna have to learn to do that - I currently have a nasty habit of writing entire books when a paragraph migh have done. :-)

Kieron Andrew
08-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Very few words and yet you manged to say it all. man of few words thats me:heehee:

Cai
08-06-2007, 08:35 PM
Most of it is just trying to be and look outwardly the way I am inwardly. It also puts me more at ease in public. When I'm feeling masculine, feeling like I pass, it makes me more confident. People don't worry me as much. I used to hate the idea of people looking at me, but now not so much. It comes back to being who I am externally again, which increases my confidence and lets me deal with people.

ZenFrost
08-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Truth is, I don't crossdress. I'm a man trapped in a woman's body so wearing male clothes is just wearing the natural clothing for my gender. Women's clothing always feels so restrictive, and in many ways it is. Skirts tend to restrict movement, and high heels often making walking difficult, especially in rough terrain. Men's clothes just feel right to me, and looking like a man makes me feel that I look like I'm supposed to. I don't want to be a man because men have advantages in the world, I just want my what I am on the outside to match what I am on the inside.

The only time I feel like I'm crossdressing is when I'm dressed as a woman, and that only happens when I don't have a choice. And when I do I feel like a 'worm stuck inside a cocoon.' Being a man makes me free.

Adam
08-07-2007, 04:08 AM
to me it feels like i am not crossdrssing because im male and wear male things it just feels like the norm what i have always done :D

TG-Taru
08-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Hello guys,

pardon me for butting in. From my visits I gathered as much, most of you are not crossdressers, really, but since it is the crossdressing section (I'm in no way saying anyone's out of place here of course, happy to see you guys about anyhere on the site) I was wondering if there really were any, let alone many identifying as FtM CD rather than TG-TS (or just plainly men)? ...with my memory it's no wonder if I don't remember seeing some around before :)

For my part I haven't yet decided I've found my place, assuming it's fixed anyway... It's about me being female to whichever extent, not really about the clothes - it just helps and is nice, more appropriate to look the way I'm feeling. But then I don't really hate being male either, though it's rare I like it. It's a gender thing, not a dressing thing for me, but as dressing is culturally gendered... And when dressed I do want to appear female or woman rather, not a "man in dress", with at least bra and some type of forms even in private. Makeup is usually too much trouble for a short time in private.

bi_weird
08-07-2007, 10:07 AM
For a million reasons.
Because it allows people to treat me more like a guy. Not so much in the male privelege area (though I'd be lying to say that wasn't a factor at all) but more in that I don't want to be assumed feminine when I'm not.
Because ties are just that awesome.
Because female clothes are horribly uncomfortable. I'm the wrong shape and size for them. Guys clothes fit better.
Because female clothes are often mentally uncomfortable. They make me feel itchy when I'm having a boyish day and get stuck in them.
Because it's funny sometimes to turn heads.
Mostly just because it feels right. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I feel better and more confident when I allow myself to dress for the day, however that may be. Some days that means tank tops and short shorts, but a lot of days that means baggy pants, boxers, and a tie. I'm happier and more at ease in all parts of my life when I allow myself to wear what I want, so I just go with that.

John
08-07-2007, 10:45 AM
welcome to our side of the playground, girls.

afraid it's just the 'I be guy, I were guy's stuff' explination for me.

ZenFrost
08-07-2007, 06:38 PM
'I be guy, I were guy's stuff'

That has to be one of the simplest and best explanations for it I've ever seen. :D

Toyah
08-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Kimberly you are so smart you asked the question I knew I wanted to but dare not ask. I have such an admiration for the FTMs they are so much more in your face than such as me (BTW thats a guy trait). So kudos to you guys and please dont think that all the MTFs ignore ya (manly) :hugs:(hug) nothing ment OK guys !!!!!

BarbaraTalbot
08-08-2007, 03:53 AM
Thats why I posted the poll on gender identity (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64009). I suspected from reading posts here that most were transgendered rather than girls playing dress-up.

Also, I wondered about orientation (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64004). Interestingly that seemed to show a pretty wide range of people just like any other population of guys, which suggested to me that for most the dressing is not indicative of sexuality.

Emily Ann Brown
08-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Barbara....

Sooner the world figures out gender identity and sexual attraction preference are two distinct animals the sooner CDs and TGs of whatever BORN GENDER will be accepted.

Emily Ann