PDA

View Full Version : A first for me - shopping

rebeca_abigail30
08-06-2007, 08:34 PM
Last night, I decided that I needed a new hairpiece (since the previous 2 have been cheap $2 Halloween look alikes). There is a costume shop that is open all year round, and I called them last night at midnight to find out their hours, and was there when they flip the sign from closed to open. I walked in and told her that I needed a wig. She asked for what (party, etc). I told her (very nervously:Pray:) that I was a CD and she said ok, what color where you looking for? I told my natural color if possible. She then ask what length? I told her shoulder length to longer. She pulled out one that had bangs but was a little shorter than my shoulder length. I really didn't care for it. Then she pulled out a longer one without bangs, and I liked it, but she didn't think it looked good on me, but she liked the one with the bangs. So, she pulled one that had bangs, and mid-back long, and I fell in love with it. I spent all day (until I had to pick up my kids from school) in it, and some clip-on earrings I found earlier in the day. Tomorrow, I might go out early (right after I get done dropping off the kids at school) and hit the grocery store for some small items.

That was the first time I actually told someone that I was a CD except for my therapist.

I went back to her after I stopped at another store for some hockey pants for my oldest, and asked her for some finger nails (since I bite them). She didn't have any more, but she referred me to Rite-Aid, and Wal-Mart.

We stood there and talked for about 30 minutes. One of her brothers is gay, and been with his partner for 22 years!!

I can't believe that experience was that AWESOME!!!!

noname
08-06-2007, 09:25 PM
If it's nails you want, just go and get them done at a nail shop. Heck get acrylic nails. If your not in the know it's kind of like this. You know the women you see with french maincures on their finger nails? 99% of the time they are acrylic nails. They will last much much long than anything you can get at a store. The down side is you can't just take them off since they are glued on and quite sturdy. You have to come in to have them removed.

rebeca_abigail30
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
If it's nails you want, just go and get them done at a nail shop. Heck get acrylic nails. If your not in the know it's kind of like this. You know the women you see with french maincures on their finger nails? 99% of the time they are acrylic nails. They will last much much long than anything you can get at a store. The down side is you can't just take them off since they are glued on and quite sturdy. You have to come in to have them removed.

I wouldn't mind doing that, but we just found out today that her paycheck will be short almost $400 a month until a debt is paid off. We are barely living on what we are bringing in now, and she is worried that this deduction will literally, break the bank.