PDA

View Full Version : Shaving legs and the ocean

Jocelyn Quivers
08-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Just a bit of advice to those of you who shave your legs regularly. Do not go in the ocean after shaving your legs. Saltwater burns and really hurts a lot after a fresh shave. My legs felt like they were being sliced with razors for the few minutes I could bear being in the ocean.

I was at the beach for the first time since I started shaving my legs on a regular basis. Yes I should have known better, but I just got caught up in my daily routine of shaving my legs first thing in the morning, and did not want to skip a day even while at the beach.

I just want to warn everyone make sure no one else makes this very painful mistake. At least at a minimum shave the day before getting in the water. Jocelyn

Alice B
08-06-2007, 10:46 PM
I live by the ocean and go in it on a very regular basis to swim and for diving. I shave my legs almost daily and it presents no problems. Because of the salt in sea water it is nexessary to keep your legs hydrated with lotion, but your legs will get a beautiful tan. Shave and go for it.:hugs: