PDA

View Full Version : Has Cd-ing caused you to make healthy changes?

BarbaraTalbot
08-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Eat healthier? Excercise? Take better care of your skin? Stay out of the sun?

I have been dieting, hit 20lb loss mark today. (Long version here (http://barbaratalbot.blogspot.com/2007/08/dieting-down-dress-size-or-two-makes-me.html) ~ pack a healthy lunch if you click another 1500 word ramble)

Keep meaning to exercise but use the excuse that I am calorie starved. I even bought some fem running shorts and a sports top.

Been trying to even out my leathery face and farmers tan by wearing a hat on my bald head and using sunblock. Keep not doing so because I always think I am only going out for a second then one of dozens of unfinished projects or something i have neglected while in girly mode lately catches my eye.

Today I worked on the pit of despair, adding 10 blocks. I hadn't worked on it in years. I haven't gotten to be a better mason from not doing it for years it turns out.

My nails are ragged, my hands are dry and my arms or nicely bronzed to my male shirt sleeves...At least I wore a hat.

christina marie
08-07-2007, 04:14 AM
yes it has! am eating better, losing weight and am going for the big one very soon- no more smoking! i absolutely hate the way i look with a cigarette in my mouth. am learning to take better care of my skin but a good tan might be harder to give up than the smokes

Chelseaswpa
08-07-2007, 06:51 AM
OMG yes! I have lost 20 pounds as well, Not excercising as much right no but will back on it soon. No more uppr body stuff tho as I have some natural breast developement and dont want to lose that. I have also started to eat alot more fruit and better food in general. I love the path I am on and has definately helped me

Marla S
08-07-2007, 07:00 AM
Yes, definitively.

I eat more healthy food, lost 20 lbs, do the Yoga, and use a LOT more creams and stuff.

Still smoking though ... any idea ?

BTW: 20 lbs seems to be a typical CDing effect (I assume more a psychological one, than calorie counting).
We should write a book:

highCDiet
Loose 20 lbs just by changing your clothing style.:D

Jennifer Giovannetta
08-07-2007, 07:13 AM
I have made healthy changes. Been watching what I am eating, and doing cardiovascular exersize. Want to fit into smaller clothes.

Jocelyn Quivers
08-07-2007, 07:54 AM
It's made a major impact on my lifestyle. I eat far more healthier than I used to. It's also a major inspiration for me to never skip workouts ( Skip a workout=Going up a dress size) I've also changed my weightlifting routine to focus more on lower body than upper body exercises. Jocelyn

Kate Simmons
08-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Are you kidding? Ericka was one wild and crazy gal. If not for Rich to stabilize things, I shudder to think what would have happened. Times change though and since I've integrated my feelings as Salandra, I'm much more easy going (more or less:heehee:) and more practical. Even so, time catches up with all of us and right now for me, the rocking chair is looking pretty good. Maybe I'll take up knitting with my hair in a bun and wearnig a shawl, I dunno.;):battingeyelashes::happy:

JoAnnDallas
08-07-2007, 09:19 AM
I noticed one day that my size 14 dresses were getting tight, so I started to dieting and now have lost almost 30 pounds. In fact I am now a size 12. YEA Also when I was looking for a new job back in 2005, I used a few CD tricks to help me land a job. Things like using mortizer on my face, getting my eyebrows waxed/plucked and getting acrylic nails. All of these helped me look younger and more refind. I did get the new job and found out that I was on the team that went to trade shows. I also found out that my apperance was key to me getting this job. Losing 30 pounds also has made me feel a lot better and as results my doctor told me she was cutting my does in half for my meds. WOW.

Megan_Girl
08-07-2007, 09:38 AM
I've lost 23 lbs since November and at least 3 dress sizes on my "eat less & do more & wear tights every day Diet. (The tights help me remember to watch what I eat and remind me of my goal of 155 and a size 12... Oh, and they feel sexy too..:D)
I also do 30 - 40 minutes on my elliptical daily plus a battery of exercised to flatten my abs and love handles and to build up my pecks/breasts that I got from Renee ( http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/make-4body2-exercise.htm ) and a grocery store pamphlet on how to have a summer bikini body!
I eat a solid breakfast, snack on a tons of fruits and veggies all day, a small dinner and NOTHING after 9 PM.
I also use ALL the Loreal for Men skin creams etc to keep the wrinkles at bay. My wife uses them too.... she likes that they are unscented!

I go for my annual physical in a week or so.....I'm looking forward to it.
XXX
Megan

Dee Talbot
08-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Absolutlely.

There is no way I am going to watch you, Barbara, get thin while staying more than plump myself! I've lost 28pounds since going on my eating plan on June 8th. And each time you call me "B!t@h" when I lose another pound, it just encourages me :D

Of course, I do call you a "B!t@h" with each pound you lose. But that's ok. :heehee:

Dee

AmandaM
08-07-2007, 10:58 AM
I've lost 16 pounds in 3 months. Not great, but it keeps going down. I'm walking 2 miles a day and watching what I eat. I don't want to lift right now as I'm too top-heavy for some ladies fashions right now. I am a size 16. Usually, all the cute clothes stop at 14. So that is my first goal. Of course, smaller than that will work too!

tracigirl_tv
08-07-2007, 11:05 AM
....I am a size 16. Usually, all the cute clothes stop at 14....

OK Amanda, I'm a 14, and I find that the cute clothes usually stop at 12 *lol*

I think that dressing helps me stay conscious of my appearance/health generally. I've been eating better and been jogging during the non-winter months. I just registered for the Philly Distance Run (13 miles) on Sept 16.

Send oxygen!:D

rebeca_abigail30
08-07-2007, 11:09 AM

I think that dressing helps me stay conscious of my appearance/health generally. I've been eating better and been jogging during the non-winter months. I just registered for the Philly Distance Run (13 miles) on Sept 16.

Are you going to do the run en femme?

Christine XX
08-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I think about it more... Does that count? :)

I have lots of plans to eat healthier and exercise more, but I'm lacking in execution.

I'm quite jealous of you size 12/14/16 types!

-Christine

rebeca_abigail30
08-07-2007, 11:22 AM
I won't say, then, that I think I might be about a 2, 4, or 6 (at the most).

6 foot, 140 lbs. My guy clothes are a 30 waist, and 34 length (for jeans), and medium (sometimes small) for shirts (depending upon how they are made).

paulaN
08-07-2007, 11:26 AM
I Quit smoking after the first of the year.(I used the f**k it all pills.) Wellbeutrin(sp). I am over the hump and I now consider myself smoke free. WooHooo!!!!!. But the side effect is that I have gained 20#. People tell me I look so much better, another WooHooo!!!! But I don't like my gut size. I am trying to watch what I eat (something I never had to do my hole life) I Also am walking the dog more to get more exercise. I have to try to get real serious about doing some crunches to get the gut out.
Anyway I do try to take better care of myself because I want to look real good when I get the chance to dress up again. I hope a gno is coming soon.

Stephenie S
08-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Oh, absolutely!

I lost weight, excercise to keep the tummy flat, take care of my skin. I never leave the house without my SPF 15 moisturizer (SPF 30 if I'm gonna be outside). I use night cream every night. I stay out of the sun. In general, this has been a VERY healthy time for me.

Lovies,
Stephenie

AmberTG
08-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, the job I used to have was floor maintanence at a grocery store where I got lots of walking. Sense I changed jobs, I've become a bit of a slug, working at a service bench most of the time. I do eat better then I used to though. Sense the ex-wife moved out, I've been actually cooking more and eating way less fast food. I think that's an improvement. I'm really enjoying the fresh produce from my garden right now.
I have the typical "farmer's tan" from working in the garden, a hat became a necessity after the first really hot, sunny day.:heehee:
I use body lotion on my face now, something I never used to do, as well as hands, knees and elbows. I should use a night cream on my face, but I usually forget and just use the lotion. The stuff I use has tea tree oil in it, so it's really good for the skin.

Toyah
08-07-2007, 01:22 PM
Nope I am a guy and live 90% of my time as a guy I am not gonna mess that up for 10% of my time :D

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Absolutlely.

There is no way I am going to watch you, Barbara, get thin while staying more than plump myself! I've lost 28pounds since going on my eating plan on June 8th. And each time you call me "B!t@h" when I lose another pound, it just encourages me :D

Of course, I do call you a "B!t@h" with each pound you lose. But that's ok. :heehee:

Dee

Well Dee i think i'm just going to make you mad at me but here it goes, two weeks ago I notice that my girlie clothes where getting tight, so i decided to go on my normal diet that i hadn't been following lately, which is one full meal a day and three or four snacks. i've already lost 25lbs I'm currently back down to 180 and dropping, but then again i have a high matabelism and with my job i'm always on the move and running, so i get enough cardio in

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I won't say, then, that I think I might be about a 2, 4, or 6 (at the most).

6 foot, 140 lbs. My guy clothes are a 30 waist, and 34 length (for jeans), and medium (sometimes small) for shirts (depending upon how they are made).

My ideal size girl you are lucky i'm currently in a 10, or 11 depending on the brand

Chelseaswpa
08-07-2007, 02:13 PM
Well ladies the results are obvious to this point- dressing has done most of us quite a lot of good! Just another reason to get new clothes- giggles Lets keep it up!

BarbaraTalbot
08-07-2007, 02:18 PM

but I think the cute clothes stop at 9!

angelfire
08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
In the past year and a half, I have lost over 110lbs. From 340 down to 230. In the past little bit, I've been trying to lose most particularly hard, and I think I'm down close to 225 now.

I do not think my crossdressing inspired or encouraged me though. It hasn't been detrimental, but it wasn't one of the reasons I decided to lose weight. I want to look good as my male self, which will then later translate to looking good as my fem self. My male self is first priority.

Ruth
08-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Skin care is the area where I've done a lot. I use a lot of body lotion and take much better care of my face. I try to avoid the sun on my face too, though I like the look of tanned arms and legs.
I'm one of the lucky ones that doesn't have a weight problem - I'm still a size 12 (UK), have been for years.

SandyR
08-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Big Yes here! I been active and keep a healthy life style for many years now. Since dressing fully I have managed to lose another 10 pounds, really take care of my skin, keep my nails trimed, eyebrows, and know laser hair removal on my back and chest!

Hugs!

SandyR

RobertaFermina
08-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Well,

I Crossdress in part BECAUSE I made healthy changes.

Being an attention hungry narcissist, I WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD IN WOMEN'S CLOTHES if I didn't think I looked great with just a little bit of squinting and delusion.

I dropped 128 lbs, down from 300 lbs. I have pix of me at 270 lbs at a Halloween Party....nice, but not my cup of tea (sorry ladies, but I do get to judge myself!).

Now there's not much more to do except work on my soul and personal charm, cause clothes and hot-bod may attract attention, but, in the long run, they won't hold it.

Hugs and Good Health to All !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Phyliss
08-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Having lost a bunch of weight (from+240 to 168 this morning) I've constantly had to buy new and smaller clothes, (which BTW, ARE much cuter) . I'm NOT about to have to spend as much again getting larger and frumpier clothes.

Eating in a more sensible manner and going to the gym every morning for at least an hour. Treadmill, crosstrainer, stairmaster, recumbant bicycle, light weight training. (really wish they had the cute pink girly weights, instead of the black iron ones) Do get an occasional "look" from one of the "jocks" when I pick up the 5lb weights, as he's grabbing the 50# er. I ignore him.
Feel so much better with a lighter amount of weight to carry around.

BTW I happened to be in Fashion Bug last week and attempted a pair of size 6 jeans,.....guess what came home with me? :tongueout

SandyR
08-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Phyliss,

Funny I thought about asking for a more "gender friendly" weight color.....heheh.

Really its great to see all the very positive replies girls!

Keep them comming.

SandyR

jamiesmith
08-07-2007, 06:50 PM
Probably not entirely to do with dressing, but definitely in major part - I've lost 60lbs. in the last year through diet control. Dressing up the 'new me' keeps me on target, I like it too much to gain the weight back!

SusanMarie
08-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Absolutely!!! And now that I have summoned the courage to participate in this awesome forum and 'discovered' all you incredible gurls, I am motivated to do even better. Positive attitude, proper diet and regular exercise.
PS:recently added 'The Bean' to my exercise routine.

KarenSusan
08-07-2007, 08:37 PM
A few years ago I was a dress size 20. I made a concerted effort to lose weight through exercise and diet. Lost about 40 pounds and right now I'm wearing a size 14 skirt and it feels loose. Looking forward to size 12. So, yes, CDing is the best thing to happen to me.

Rachell
08-08-2007, 02:20 AM
Marla if you really want to quit try chantix it worked great for me, really talk to your doc about it, its the best thing I have ever tried to help me quit and I have tried several times. Let me know what you are going to do. Visit there web sight it explains it all. chantix.com
Rachell

As far as eating healthy for sure lots of salads and fruit and good stuff

Yes, definitively.

I eat more healthy food, lost 20 lbs, do the Yoga, and use a LOT more creams and stuff.

Still smoking though ... any idea ?

BTW: 20 lbs seems to be a typical CDing effect (I assume more a psychological one, than calorie counting).
We should write a book:

highCDiet
Loose 20 lbs just by changing your clothing style.:D

jessbcuzz
08-08-2007, 02:26 AM
Yea, losing weight and got my teeth fixed last year.

Phyliss
08-08-2007, 03:27 AM

I'd completely forgot that I did that. (brain burp?)
Before I even dared to "go out" I just KNEW I had to do something. Who wants to see a lady with a horrible set of choppers, (trust me, they were bad looking) I really hate dentists (childhood thing) , hadn't been to Went to Aspen Dental and had "the works" done. Total removal. (If you ask me I'll tell you about it)
Anyhow, I now have a set of very white, "piano key" straight teeth. Like stars,.... they come out at night.
With a nice smile I have much more confidence now.

megan163
08-08-2007, 03:41 AM
I've lost 23 lbs since November and at least 3 dress sizes on my "eat less & do more & wear tights every day Diet. (The tights help me remember to watch what I eat and remind me of my goal of 155 and a size 12... Oh, and they feel sexy too..:D)
I also do 30 - 40 minutes on my elliptical daily plus a battery of exercised to flatten my abs and love handles and to build up my pecks/breasts that I got from Renee ( http://www.reneereyes.com/Webdocs/make-4body2-exercise.htm ) and a grocery store pamphlet on how to have a summer bikini body!
I eat a solid breakfast, snack on a tons of fruits and veggies all day, a small dinner and NOTHING after 9 PM.
I also use ALL the Loreal for Men skin creams etc to keep the wrinkles at bay. My wife uses them too.... she likes that they are unscented!

I go for my annual physical in a week or so.....I'm looking forward to it.
XXX
Megan

OMG, Megan! We have more than just a name in common. I also just hit the 23 lb. lost mark, which was my original goal but now I'm going for 150 by 10/31. Someone else here noted 20 lbs. as the magic number. Well, CDing may not have been the first reason why I started exercising but it certainly helps me keep going on the treadmill thinking about dropping a dress size :) Congrats to all here who are winning the weight-loss battle.
Megan

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Oh my yes, I have been on a diet and my cholesterol has
dropped big time! I was between size 20 to 22 depending
on who make it. would be happy to get to mid to high teens.

Cindi

RobertaFermina
08-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Ladies,

Here's a few from the Vault !

http://crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=966300#post966300

I changed for many reasons, but my CDing has been unleashed as a by-product ! (cause I'm vain, you see !).

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Marla S
08-10-2007, 08:49 PM
Marla if you really want to quit try chantix it worked great for me, really talk to your doc about it, its the best thing I have ever tried to help me quit and I have tried several times. Let me know what you are going to do. Visit there web sight it explains it all. chantix.com
Rachell

Thanks a lot for the tip. I will talk to my doctor (prescription).

jackie_p
08-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Absolutely! Lost 100 lbs, take better care of my hair, skin and
nails, exercise daily. My doctor says I'm in great shape for 48.
Now if I can just get 40 more pounds off I'll fit in a size 12 and
life will be good...hee hee!

Alex!
08-10-2007, 11:25 PM
Yes. Actually, crossdressing was the reason I started taking better care of myself. I alsways thought it would make for a funny fitness book for men, to be sure...

jackie_p
08-10-2007, 11:31 PM
Yes. Actually, crossdressing was the reason I started taking better care of myself. I alsways thought it would make for a funny fitness book for men, to be sure...

LOL...I would pay money to see that! :D

Karen Francis
08-10-2007, 11:39 PM
The picture you see in the avatar was 30 lbs ago, about 6 months. 45 minutes of ballet exercises EVERY day, and at least 45 minutes of aerobic exercise 5 times a week, fast walking, or bicycling. Blood pressure dropped by 25 points, resting heart rate about 55. Wear size 8 jeans now, down from a 12. Portion control and don't buy the junk food.

Will never go back, at my worst I was 5'11 and 198. Now I am 160. Will replace the avatar at the earliest opportunity.

KateSpade83
08-13-2007, 06:28 PM
After becoming a size 4 -6 and buying lots of clothes this size CDing has forced me to watch what I eat everyday. But I do occassionally overeat and my metabolism is so good that the temp 1 day weight gain can be gradually burned off by good metabolism the next 3 days. I have good metabolism because I burned off all my fat from exercise and very slight dieting.

Well, if you lose 30 lbs I think you may go down 8 to 12 dress sizes.

I weigh myself every day in the morning after I pee to monitor my previous day's eating.

Kerrie Sifton
08-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Barbra, thank you for reminding me ( I will put down the ice cream and step away from the refrigerator... hee hee) I want to be a size 12 by november, so time to get back out there and get some walking done. Both my pup and I could use the workout.

Veronica 1
08-14-2007, 01:29 AM
I started doing situps again to trim up the tummy but other than that, I am in fairly good shape. More care is being paid to my nails and skin,though, and I shave daily now, whole body at least once a week. I need to get my teeth fixed badly, but gotta save up some money first.

Sheri 4242
08-14-2007, 01:46 AM

Ditto for me on both!!! I have kept my weight down so I can wear an 8 (or sometimes a 10) in a skirt. I have spent a huge amount to get my teeth fixed (still a bit to go on that). And, now I am serious about quiting smoking soon (now that I am getting straight WHITE teeth, don't want to stain them).

Would you believe I once weighed 260???

christinewis
08-14-2007, 07:37 AM
yes absolutely.

i walk 5-miles everyday and try to eat proper. i am a gastric by-pass patient and have lost 110lbs since February 2006.

i was lucky and did not end up with extra skin except on my legs near my crotch and i have a little mummy's pouch below my waist line. i am going to check out the breast and abs workout that is posted here, thanks sweetie for referring on your post. now i am just looking for someone in the central wisconsin area who can help me with my make up and tying the package together. isn't that a tall order? Lol.

switcheralso
08-14-2007, 11:19 AM
I think more about it because I want to look younger. When I am in a male role it does not bother me. Maybe its true men get distinguished and women grow old. I hope that’s not true.

Sugar01
08-15-2007, 02:58 AM
Using moisturizer. :p

Even during my multiple-months of non-dressing, I always use Curel at night to keep my feet, hands and elbows nice and soft.

I know it's not really a health issue, but it's the only thing I do when not dressing that I picked up from CD'ing.

erickka
08-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Yep, Quit drinking, eat better, reduced smoking, getting more exercise. Lost about 25 lbs. over the last year, now fit a size12 or 14. A big drop from size 20! I have lots more energy also.

Michelia
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
I have been losing weight and trying to get a little more sleep.

I also use moisturizer with sunscreen on my face everyday. Wash my face every morning and evening.

Seen the dentist and taking better care of my teeth. Maybe I will try to close the gaps also.

I do not exercise as much as I should, but I am exercising more than I ever have.

I am eating fewer sweets and meats, fruit and veggies.

Michelia