PDA

View Full Version : trip to BC

brylram
08-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm off to BC on the 9th to see my grandma. It's been a while since I saw her, and it'll also be the first time I've seen her since my mother told her I'm male. I'm a little nervous, but mostly not, as she has told my mother that at first she did think it might just be a phase, but after seeing a recent picture of me she decided I look too right and natural as a male to 'grow out of it'. I'm more worried about seeing her boyfriend, as I don't really know him and therefore don't know what to expect... But my mother has met him, and apparently he's pretty awesome, and very clever as well.

So basically, I'll be gone for about a week, and will hopefully have only good things to say when I get back. I AM a bit worried about being stuck in close quarters with my mother for that long (we're sleeping in my grandma's RV while we're there, and driving the car she's giving us back) because in the past we've had troubles not fighting on trips... but I'm a lot calmer since starting T, and have become a bit of a momma's boy *blush* so maybe that'll be ok.

Oh, and another thing I just remembered... we'll also be seeing a lady (a cousin of my mother's, I think) who sounds very interesting. My mother had dinner with her recently, and told her that I was transitioning, so not to be surprised when she saw me (I've never met her, but apparently she saw me a couple times when I was a baby). And awesomely enough her response was to just pause for a moment, think about it, and say "Oh, okay. I'd never thought about that, but it makes sense." and to continue on to say that she'd just tell her husband that my mother had always just had a son, and he must be confused because of his painkillers (due to severe back problems I believe) if he thought otherwise. lol Yet another fine example of the easy-going, surprisigly accepting/understanding nature of my mothers family. They're largely from the yukon and farming families, and their approach to most things seems to be "f*** it, s**t happens... take it as it comes."

John
08-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Sounds like an awesome familie. It's good when you can just anounce things like that and get an 'oh, ok' responce (got that on several things).

Have fun!

ZenFrost
08-07-2007, 06:44 PM
Alright, we'll be waiting anxiously for your return. :D

Also, your mom's family sounds awesome. I wish my mother's family was like that, they're all a bunch of prejudiced *********. :straightface:

P.S. Have fun! :happy:

kerrianna
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Hi Logan, never got to say hi before, :hugs:.

Your mom and your family sounds super cool! Yay! :thumbup:

We'll have to arrange some nice weather for you. It's been kind of a lame summer around here so far. :rolleyes:

Have a great time and good luck with the rellies. :hugs:

brylram
08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
We'll have to arrange some nice weather for you.

If by nice weather you mean less rainy and cool, then please, LEAVE IT BE! lol

However, if you meant that it's been uncomfortably hot, then please do change it, I'm a naturally warm-temperatured person (I sometimes sweat in winter) so when other people are hot, I'm bordering on death. And binding doesn't help matters. :/

CaptLex
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
Have a great time! :happy:

BarbaraTalbot
08-08-2007, 03:46 AM
My family could use a genetic infusion of acceptance that your family has. I kind of think I have improved the breed a little by marrying Dee as she comes from pretty open-minded stock.

Pretty amazing to think your grandmother would be that willing to be accepting. This should be way out in left field for her generation. Cool.

bi_weird
08-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Dude it sounds excellent that your family is so cool about stuff. Best of luck meeting everyone, and I'll think happy thoughts that things go well!

kerrianna
08-08-2007, 10:14 PM
If by nice weather you mean less rainy and cool, then please, LEAVE IT BE! lol

However, if you meant that it's been uncomfortably hot, then please do change it, I'm a naturally warm-temperatured person (I sometimes sweat in winter) so when other people are hot, I'm bordering on death. And binding doesn't help matters. :/

Okay, we'll make sure it doesn't get too hot. I'm not sure what you're used to, but this is our summer so far: we had one day in July where it was scorching hot and I bought a couple of fans on the way home from work. We used them that night.

That's it.

More often than not I'm putting on a sweater. And I can't see it changing. But I guess I would prefer to have it on the cooler side.

I do hope it's just perfect when you come here. In every way. :hugs: