PDA

View Full Version : funny thing today at dinner

rebeca_abigail30
08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
I bought a few sets of press-on nails (to prevent me from biting my nails, at least that is what I am telling everyone), and the boys and I got to a local restaurant with the owner of their day care and her daughter tells her that "he has on polished fake nails!?" So "D" asked me to show her my nails and she was like "huh????" I told her that I am using them to prevent me from biting my real ones. In the words of Ferris Bueller, "They bought it." I actually told them that I found it online too and some guys have actually done with success.

I more thing that I don't have to worry about (except for at work). I haven't been to work since I put them on.

Staci
08-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Interesting approach. I guess you never know what people will believe until you try it.

JoAnnDallas
08-08-2007, 09:05 AM
My nails used to have ridges down the nail, which would cause my nails to split, crack, peel, and brake. So I got acrylic nails. I have found that no one pays much attention that I have them. The ones that do, I just tell them the truth. They always buy it. I even get compilments from GG's. One looked at my nails, turned to her husband and said "See some men do take care of thier nails". Boy did I get a dagger stare. LOL I have never had a negitive response so far.