PDA

View Full Version : The woman you wanted to emulate most...

SatinDoll00
08-08-2007, 01:08 AM
Since we are not really GGs, and we seek to imitate, I was curious what everyone's role models were? If there was never a person that you wanted to emulate, that's fine...just describe the look you were after. If there were more than one...go ahead and spill it honey!! We are all listening! :)

Personally, for me...

It was always usually rock stars and actresses.

In the 70s, when I was young, I wanted to look like Linda Blair (not the possessed version mind you)

As I got older, in the early 80s, I wanted to look like Nancy Allen from Dressed to Kill. Then later in the 80s, I wanted to look like Lita Ford!!

In the early 90s, I wanted to emulate the look of Mortisha Adamms, for the original Adamms Family...don't ask why...I have no idea. In the late 90s, I think I became infatuated with the look of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

Now days, I am really fond of the look of Siouxie Sioux from Siouxie and the Banshees, as well as many of the goth girls I see.

Heck, I would settle for looking like Lindsay Lohan at this point (sans the house arrest ankle bracelet) :)

Morgan

ArleneRaquel
08-08-2007, 01:18 AM
A Red Haired Raquel Welch, but Beyonce Knowles is catching up. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Celtic & African Lady of Mystery

varinia
08-08-2007, 01:22 AM
Marge Helenberger of CSI. Not only is she atractive, she is also wise and able to still find time to raise her family.

Sweet Jane
08-08-2007, 02:07 AM
hahahahaha..I don't try to emulate any woman...really I got dealt up a body (face included) and I just try to do the best with that...if I can look a little like a woman somedays, then thats possibly enough for me...I try not to set the bar too high:p

vivianann
08-08-2007, 02:26 AM
I would love to look like Dolly Parton, and also have her voice. my second choice would be anna nicole smith, she was HOT!!!.

Sheri 4242
08-08-2007, 02:47 AM
I have several looks I have attempted, not that I have ever come close to attaining them. Cher is my all-time favorite actresses as well as one of my top favorite singers, and I like to emulate the look she had in her "Suspect" movie role. From my avatar photo, obviously I go for the Raquel Welch look, too. I've tried to emulate Michelle Pfeiffer, but without much success. My wife says she thinks I do a fairly good job emulating Susan Sarandon "when I really work at it" -- funny thing, I have never tried to emulate her! lol

Other attempts have been made -- Nia Vardalos, Diane Lane, and Annette Bening -- but I really need to work on those if I ever expect to come close. Maybe Julianne Moore would be easier??? I need a hobby, so suggestions (beyond forget it -- :lol2:) appreciated!!!

jessbcuzz
08-08-2007, 02:54 AM
You must have been reading my mind tonight Morgan. I was thinking about posting the same type of question. For me, it depends on what I am doing. Since I am sitting here, drinking wine and watching music videos, I would love to be Sara Evans.

Hermione Simpson
08-08-2007, 03:25 AM
now days it's emma watson (hermione from harry potter) but in the 90's i really wanted to be melanie c from the spice girls

annas_back
08-08-2007, 04:17 AM
Sophia Loren

Kate Simmons
08-08-2007, 04:30 AM
No celebraties just my Grandmother. She was a very independent woman. I always had a great deal of respect and admiration for her. I think I've succeeded pretty well.:happy:

Mary Morgan
08-08-2007, 06:03 AM
Maureen O'Hara, Cappucine, Anne Baxter, Anne Jeffreys, I'm sure there are others.

Chelseaswpa
08-08-2007, 06:37 AM
I loved the girl band girls as well- Lita was a major babe- Joan Jett, the girls from Vixen. I always loved Kate Jackson- started with the Rookies- thru the Charlies Angels, her eyebrows were and still are, awesome. Looking back it seems she was ahead of her time in that department, and her sexy voice. Right now would be Jessica Simpson- legs out the wazoo and beautiful features. Halle Berry as well- she is just so drop dead gorgeous and that body. Swordfish is my favorite- with Catwoman a close second for showing her off the best.

Kinda funny for me not into GG's at all but those are the ones I would most want to look like

diane59
08-08-2007, 07:07 AM
A Red Haired Raquel Welch. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Lady of Mystery

You hit the nail on the head!

joann07
08-08-2007, 10:20 AM
I have a few actresses and models. They're a little more of the younger generation dating back to the 80's. Starting with:

Phoebe Cates.
I remember Fast Times at Rigdemont High. She had that girl next door look, back then, that would still look good today.
OH GAWD!! :drooling:

http://eightiesclub.tripod.com/f4fcd310.jpg

http://images.dawgsports.com/images/admin/Phoebe_Cates_closeup.jpg

Elizabeth Hurley. I'm speechless.

http://www.nndb.com/people/720/000025645/eh50.jpg

Kate Beckinsale. Pearl Harbor, Underworld I & II, etc.. Amazingly beautiful. :thumbsup:

http://www.katebeckinsalepictures.net/galleries/1/kate-beckinsale-006.jpg

Jessica Alba. OMG!!! :eek:

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/premiere_photo/20051104/13/2070417212.jpg

Liv Tyler. And those luscious lips. Oh La la!!! :daydreaming:

http://www.wallpaperbase.com/wallpapers/celebs/livtyler/liv_tyler_3.jpg

Alessandra Ambrosio. Of course, I can't forget my favorite Victoria's Secret model. What an angel she is. OH MY!! :love:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/images/prodlgvw/V267475_W213RGB.jpg

Hugs!

sonja renee'
08-08-2007, 10:36 AM
my all time favorite would be Sandra Bullock

AmandaM
08-08-2007, 10:55 AM
When I was a kid it was Marlo Thomas in "That Girl". When I was a teen it was Jacklyn Smith of Charlie's Angels. Then, Susanna Hoffs of the Bangles. Now it's Liv Tyler. Interestingly, racially I'm close to all three. I think many blondes are totally hot, but I don't want to be them, just the brunettes. Hmmm???

kassandra richard
08-08-2007, 11:35 AM
Let's see. I always thought Erin Gray from "Buck Rogers" was gorgeous. And Raquel Welch too! I still remember a movie scene from ages ago where she was a pilot and at one point the villain, in a fit of pique, dropped the zipper on her flight suit ;) Yow that was hot. Can't emulate either of those two, though.

But I think my favorite look was one I captured (a bit) back in February. Tight sweater, short skirt, red hair -- I think I looked a bit like Anne Margaret with straight hair. So if I was emulating someone, it's probably her.

Kassandra

Toni Shelton
08-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Greta Garbo, I think, She is the most ladylike of all the stars.

chantal rebbecca
08-08-2007, 12:13 PM
i would hav to say for ne either lynda carter, she playe wonder woman, or maybe shania twain chantal

Sharon
08-08-2007, 12:16 PM
I never tried to emulate anyone -- I just try to be the best me that I can.

joann07
08-08-2007, 12:30 PM
Let's see. I always thought Erin Gray from "Buck Rogers" was gorgeous. And Raquel Welch too! I still remember a movie scene from ages ago where she was a pilot and at one point the villain, in a fit of pique, dropped the zipper on her flight suit ;) Yow that was hot. Can't emulate either of those two, though.

But I think my favorite look was one I captured (a bit) back in February. Tight sweater, short skirt, red hair -- I think I looked a bit like Anne Margaret with straight hair. So if I was emulating someone, it's probably her.

Kassandra

I remember Erin Gray, she was definitely a beauty in "Buck Rogers".

When you mentioned about Raquel Welch and the dropped zipper, it reminded me of a comical scene in a Buck Rogers episode where Erin Gray was sort of held against her will in a room with these dwarfs who had some kind of telekinetic power. They had never seen a woman before and wondered what was under her clothing so they used their power to remove pieces of her dress, starting with her belt, then the buttons. Erin was holding up her dress when Buck Rogers came in and saved her. I didn't know how far they would go, but it was sort of a hot scene. Not sure if any of you remember that episode or that particular scene.

Deborah Jane
08-08-2007, 12:32 PM
I would say Goldie Hawn with her dippy blonde look and personality or Bonnie Tyler. I sometimes try to emulate her look while singing "Total eclipse of the heart" in front of the mirror:o I even sound a bit like her [my femme voice is quite husky]

SatinDoll00
08-08-2007, 02:45 PM
...and I did my best Siouxie Sioux makeup today. No, it is not passable, but I must admit, once I got my wig on, I was surprised by the ever so slight resemblance :) She does some things with her eyebrows that really define her look...that's about where the resemblance stops

Morgan

http://www.austinyoung.com/siouxsie/images/siouxsie_3_austin_young.jpg

http://www.rocklibrary.com/images/EntityImages/1100/1196/Siouxsie%20Sioux1.jpg (http://www.rocklibrary.com/images/EntityImages/1100/1196/Siouxsie%20Sioux1.jpg)

KandisTX
08-08-2007, 03:09 PM
I would love to look like Dolly Parton, and also have her voice. my second choice would be anna nicole smith, she was HOT!!!.

Just out of curiosity why would you select two women who are nothing more than plastic and silicone?

kassandra richard
08-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Just out of curiosity why would you select two women who are nothing more than plastic and silicone?

Oh, oh! Oh, Mistah Kottah!!!! It's because most of us are already more than half-way there with the silicon and wigs :rofl:

Okay, dating myself on the "Welcome Back Kotter" reference. And Joann, I vaguely remember that episode.

The other girl that just came to mind was Athena (Maren Jensen) from the original Battlestar Galactica series. And, oddly enough, there's Mary McDonnell from the new Battlestar Galactica. She's got a decade or more on me, but she looks so good in the show.

Kassandra

Jodi
08-08-2007, 05:57 PM
For me it has to be Lindsey Wagner--The bionic woman. She was really so great in the TV mini-series "Scruples". For shame that she is now reduced to selling mattresses on commercials.

Jodi

SatinDoll00
08-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh...I agree about the original Athena!! Wow, she was so beautiful!!

The new one is not half bad either!! I have this thing for Asian women. It seems they are either HOT or not attractive...no in between.

I would give my left you-know-what to look like either Athena !!!

Well...I would give both just to look like a GG!!!

Morgan

Chelseaswpa
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
i would hav to say for ne either lynda carter, she playe wonder woman, or maybe shania twain chantal

How the hell could I forget Wonder Woman and that golden lasso giggles:heehee:

Avsblues19
08-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I would say Leeann Tweeden, but now I want to be like my mom when she was younger.

TxKimberly
08-08-2007, 07:46 PM
Would you believe Mellisa Gilbert? (Laura or Half Pint from little house on the Prairie)
Olivia Newton John.
Elizabeth Montgomery (Bewitched)
Lindsey Wagner (Bionic Woman)

Veronica 1
08-08-2007, 08:01 PM
For me it would have to be Tia Carrere from the TV series Relic Hunter. Beautiful, smart, and adventuresome.

whitney
08-08-2007, 08:38 PM
I am my own woman. :)

I've never actually thought about who I was trying to emulate.
I suppose because although I'm not a GG, I have always known that my brain was born female.
I just try to emulate female behaviour, but not a specific woman.
Am I babbling??

Annesah
08-08-2007, 09:12 PM
I am torn between Elizabeth Regena and Isadora Dunkin. Alas!!!

Pretty Sissy Dani
08-08-2007, 09:20 PM
When I started dressing it was Kate Jackson and/or Valerie Bertinelli.

These days--I lean towards Jennifer Connelly or, when I want to act my age, Lynda Carter.

ArleneRaquel
08-08-2007, 09:24 PM
These days--I lean towards Jennifer Connelly or, when I want to act my age, Lynda Carter.

You wants to do that ? Not this girl. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Kidder, But, Still Glamorous Just Like The Fabulous Raquel

Sheri 4242
08-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Mellisa Gilbert

I can see it, Kim! I don't mean identical, but there is definitely a resembelence!

Phoebe Reece
08-08-2007, 10:10 PM
In recent years the look I admire the most and try to replicate is that of Merideth Viera (The View & Today Show).

Billijo49504
08-08-2007, 10:21 PM
Gee! All I want to be, is the femine side of me...BJ

Charleen
08-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Emulate? From a mere child it was always my mom.

wannabie
08-08-2007, 11:14 PM
my all time favorite would be Sandra Bullock

Hey!! you stole my role model!!

rebeca_abigail30
08-08-2007, 11:18 PM
I think I would like to be Pamela Anderson (without the divorces, etc). I am kinda into the triple D (or whatever she is) sizes.

MarinaTwelve200
08-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Although I also like well-put together blondes, I suppose I am most partial to pale skinned, dark eyed brunettes. As I have that coloration myself. My favorates include Selma Hyak(sp?). Lara Flynn Boyle. and Marina Sirtis (Troi on Star trek)

I kinda prefer Ms Sirtis as not only is the coloration right, she has a largish "romanesque" nose sorta like my own.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/Marina_Twelve/marinacomp.jpg

Of course I dont look nearly exactly like her, but she is close enough to give me ideas for makeup and hair styles that would be compatible with my own looks.--I base a lot of my brunette look on her.
Indeed, despite her better photography, I really think I look a little BETTER than she does---I think I can hold my own in a comparison.
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/Marina_Twelve/marinacomp2.jpg http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r266/Marina_Twelve/marinaComp1.jpg

Ashley Lynn Swift
08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Diffently Taylor Swift, young and beautiful, and down to earth, or maybe even just the Olsen twins young and Beautiful. Maybe even Bady Spice, the young blonde

sarah378619
08-09-2007, 11:42 PM
I always liked Jane seymor or Jewel kilscher. They are very strong inwardly and outwardly. I would give anything to be as pretty and talented as they are.If I had any female role models it would be them.
Sarah

btmgrl6
08-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Hmmmmm. I can't think of anyone in particular. I just want to be a girl i suppose.

Steph

Nastasha
08-10-2007, 07:35 PM
She's not famous .. but my friend Kristen.

She's kind, attractive and just a fun person to be around.

She knows about my dressing and has donated some of her old dresses, skirts, blouses, swimsuits, shorts, bras and panties to me.

Best afternoon ever was spent by her pool, both of us in bikinis just goofing off and having fun.

CammyT
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Aloha,
Emulate? Don't really know; however I do like how Kate Beckinsale and Angelina Jolie move. I sing (rather not so well and only while driving.....alone!) to Pat Benatar to try and get a more feminine voice. Shania Twain's pretty fun to sing to as well, "Man I Feel Like a Woman"!:heehee:

Alex!
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I find inspiration from the following:

Princess Diana
Charlize Theron
Rhona Mitra
Nicole Kidman
Mira Sorvino

and the list goes on. Of course, my aim is not to look like them (I could never pull that off), but something about them inspires me. They're also beautiful women that I personally find attractive. I suppose I want to look like an attractive woman when in Andrea mode (as much as possible being a guy), so I like to look to what I consider to be beautful women for inspiration.

SatinDoll00
08-10-2007, 08:32 PM
I find inspiration from the following:

Princess Diana
Charlize Theron
Rhona Mitra
Nicole Kidman
Mira Sorvino

and the list goes on. Of course, my aim is not to look like them (I could never pull that off), but something about them inspires me. They're also beautiful women that I personally find attractive. I suppose I want to look like an attractive woman when in Andrea mode (as much as possible being a guy), so I like to look to what I consider to be beautful women for inspiration.

That's really more what I meant...not necessarily attempt to fully emulate or imitate.

I guess a better title would have been 'The woman that influenced/influences your look most'.

Morgan

immike
08-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Since we are not really GGs, and we seek to imitate, I was curious what everyone's role models were? If there was never a person that you wanted to emulate, that's fine...just describe the look you were after. If there were more than one...go ahead and spill it honey!! We are all listening! :)

Personally, for me...

It was always usually rock stars and actresses.

In the 70s, when I was young, I wanted to look like Linda Blair (not the possessed version mind you)

As I got older, in the early 80s, I wanted to look like Nancy Allen from Dressed to Kill. Then later in the 80s, I wanted to look like Lita Ford!!

In the early 90s, I wanted to emulate the look of Mortisha Adamms, for the original Adamms Family...don't ask why...I have no idea. In the late 90s, I think I became infatuated with the look of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

Now days, I am really fond of the look of Siouxie Sioux from Siouxie and the Banshees, as well as many of the goth girls I see.

Heck, I would settle for looking like Lindsay Lohan at this point (sans the house arrest ankle bracelet) :)

Morgan

My absolute favorite would be to wear a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders uniform

ArleneRaquel
08-10-2007, 11:43 PM
I guess a better title would have been 'The woman that influenced/influences your look most'.

Morgan[/QUOTE]

Raquel is the one who influences me the most in my choice of look and attire. But Beyonce is close :love: & :hugs: Trina - An African American/ Celtic Raquel in Waiting

spandexgirl188
08-11-2007, 12:59 AM
Growing up when i first found jessica in the late 80's it was, alyssa milano from who's the boss, christina applegate from married with children.

Now its Jessica Biel. I so wanna be her......but im happy with myself also. :happy:

JOEY88
08-11-2007, 01:55 AM
ragina specktor if you dont know who she is you need to find out ,i dont want to look like her so much as i just feel her persanlity maches mine

alysonatl
08-11-2007, 11:50 PM
My early influences were such silver screen beauties as Liz Taylor, Natalie Wood and Sophia Loren. At toher times, I wanted to be Marlo Thomas as Ann Marie. I kind of look like Marlo, and think of myself as being Ann when I watched the show. The charcter was the perfect roe model for the youmg woman I pretended to be. (Probably giving my age away, but Marlo still looks fabulous.)

ArleneRaquel
08-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Raquel, Raquel, Raquel. No one comes close, to her in elegance and beauty IMHO. I am wearing one of her " Indulgence " style wigs at this very moment I have about seven of her style wigs, plus two other " Afro " style wigs. Raquel is Queen. :love: & :hugs: Katrina - Red Haired Lady of Mystery* - I Love Beyonce Also

* I am also of African Descent and Proud of It !