PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun (anyone else rushed for some alone time?)

Sandygal
08-08-2007, 03:03 PM
I always read about how short or how little time some of us have to dress. So I thought it might be interesting to hear about the exploits of others. My wife and son both leave at 7:45am. My daughter who works at the school cafeteria is off for the summer. She will sleep in with the dogs in her bed. So I get up, do my morning duties and wait for the front door to close. Head to the closet, get completly dressed except for makeup. I then fix a bowl of cereal and watch the weather channel to see how wet I will get today. I work outside. Then its off to the computor for another 15 minutes. So my total dressing is one half hour maybe. Dogs start to bark like crazy for no reason, now I race to the other room and strip down because I know it will wake up daughter. Stupid dogs! I could go on and on about interuptions, but between Mon thru Fri I have 5 chances for one half hour of my time before I go to work. Last week my daughter woke up early twice. A truck driver came to the door with the wrong address and finally my Father in law stopped by to borrow a tool. That equals one uninterupted half hour for me that week. How many verses of "I feel like a woman" could I have sung. What's your story? Is anyone else this rushed for some alone time?
I'm surprised I had time to write this.......Sandy

rebeca_abigail30
08-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I have two boys, and I am in the military and have to be at work at 7:30. Munchkins' school opens at 7 and the public transportation leaves the bus stop at 7:05 or 7:20. I wake up at 6 (though the alarm goes off at 5:30 and 5:45 (snoozing it until 6:00)). I'm at work until 4 in the afternoon, and the bus gets to the stop at 4:20. I pick up the boys and then TRY to get them in bed at about 8:30 (or 9:00, depending upon what's going on). A lot of times they are not asleep until 10:00. I try to dress from the time they are asleep until I go to bed at about 11:30. All of this is if the DW is not home.

I don't get much time on the computer either. About the same.

Billijo49504
08-08-2007, 10:52 PM
There is something to be said, for the kids groan and on their own. Taht way I can dress anytime I want. The wife brings me things from work, she works at an Avenue Store...BJ