PDA

View Full Version : Your posture

Mollyanne
08-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Hello everyone, I find that when I am wearing my bra I stand straighter and my shoulders are back which in turn makes my chest stand out. Do any of you experience the same sensation?

:love: Mollyanne

Kristen Marie
08-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Absolutely. Part of it is that we are more aware of what we look like dressed. It's automatic for me. But I also did a photo shoot of myself with a remote contril clicker and took picture of me standing front, back, side, etc. I still do not stand the way I would like and need to work on that. When I exagerate the posturing, it looks the best.

susann_gardener
08-09-2007, 07:06 AM
I've been thinking about that letely. Yes, when wearng a bra (as often as I can) I definatly keep my shoulders back. Actually, I find that if I have rounded shoulders the underwire presses on my rib cage and is uncomfortable.

Kate Simmons
08-09-2007, 07:17 AM
Not sure but when I was in grade school a boy was the "good guy" when it came to posture. They told us we wanted to be like "Peter Posture" and not "Sally Slump". Go figure!:happy:

joann07
08-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh! Most definitely.

dskin
08-09-2007, 10:36 AM
I wear underwire bras(for years).they fit me well,I have noticed the difference in my posture.In my experience about every 2 weeks have to make adjustment to straps.Worst thing to have is straps being to tight ,and dig in shoulders.Having the bra fit you and be comfortable.Not having the back ride up to middle of shoulder blades and the cups,going to your chin and not doing it's purpose of supporting.That you have to keep pulling down.A good fit bra makes you feel wonderful:heehee:

bobi jean
08-09-2007, 10:53 AM
OMG YES!!!!!!!!! You will also find that after a long period of time it will become natural to carry yourself the same way, even when not wearing a bra.
But why would you not want to wear a bra???

NatalieH
08-09-2007, 01:09 PM
I've often thought that would make a half-way believable excuse if someone discovered I was wearing a bra - the doctor made me do it! Oh, about the forms...and the lace...still needs some work, I guess!

Natalie

RobertaFermina
08-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Posture is Pride....and its beautiful !

:rose: Roberta :rose:

Veronica 1
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM
I had never thought about it as I am still very new to this, but now that you mention it, yes! I guess that it does have to be something to do with looking the best I can.

SandyR
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Big Yes here! I feel like I should be proud of the "parts" I have while dressed....heheh

SandyR

Angie G
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
Yes I do stand more upright :hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I do too. Especially if I'm in my girly boy mode as my bra band will show through my t-shirt if I hunch or round my back. A bra in boy mode or girl mode can improve your posture because (for me) it makes me think differently about myself.

Marcie Sexton
08-09-2007, 08:41 PM
of course its a military thing, but when we went through boot camp posture was stressed at all times...

now with my shoulders back my chest :rolleyes is out there...

erin leigh
08-10-2007, 01:03 AM
Yes, i find myself looking in the mirror and pulling shoulders back when wearing a bra.
Maybe its just to counterbalance these breastforms??????
Nah,....
i just want to look better.

Sabrina Flowers
08-10-2007, 01:28 AM
I also find that I stand more upright and sit better when wearing a bra and tights, I also find that I tend to walk around on tip-toe in an elegant way as well, when not wearing shoes and getting ready.

sarah378619
08-10-2007, 10:32 AM
my posture is straighter and I push my chest out too.I love wearing my bra and wish I could wear it more often. I also wish I had a bigger bust to fill it, I can dream I guess. I wear a 34-36 b depending on the brand. I think having the right size bra is important too.
Sarah

lele551
08-10-2007, 12:37 PM
i stand straiter when wearing my bra

JamesAlan
08-10-2007, 03:54 PM
Hmm...reading this I realize my girlfriend needs to get a bra. She keeps slouching, she feels she's too tall (6'1"). But there are "exercises" you can do to improve posture. I know it's a bit off topic, but hey it's good info. Standing w/ your back against a wall and pressing your shoulder blades together strengthens the muscles that help posture. So if the bra isn't helping the posture, try that. I have to wear a bra (gentics were cruel to this gg) but still need help with posture.