PDA

View Full Version : Parents and or close family members who are also TG or gay?

Chelseaswpa
08-09-2007, 12:24 PM
I have only been on here for a short while and think this site is the best thing since sliced bread. I have an issue that has been nagging me for several days now- Do any of you have parents and or close family members who are also TG or gay? I found out last weekend that my Mom has always wanted to be a boy, and my Dad had homosexual relationships. I have always wondered about my feelings. I mean my CDing has grown immensely since my wife caught me and I fessed up to my being gay. I always thought I was just weird before the internet came along and found there were other people like me, but was never sure if my sexual fantasies were just that or I really had true TG feelings. I would love to hear from any others who have similar familial connections to their being CD or TG.

ZenFrost
08-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Sort of. I have a masculine-type mother and lesbian-type sister. Neither is a crossdresser or transgendered, but they are a bit different from most straight and non-CD people.

melissaK
08-10-2007, 08:30 AM
None in my family tree that I know of.

And generally studies do not make genetic links. But that's the thing, knowing. We TG are accomplished at hiding. I was raised in the warm glow of TV-lands' Dick Van Dyke, Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best . . . not a generation that would openly admits such things to anyone. Perhaps generations raised on Will & Grace, and The Ellen Degeneris Show will be a bit more open about it all and evidence of genetic lineages will emerge.

It seems logical that will be the case as psychotherapy doesn't "cure" any of us (so its not free will), nor does any pseudo twelve step program (so it's not an addiction). Studies don't find environmental links that explain us (so it's not the water we drank as a kid). So that pretty much leaves genes to accept the responsibility.

The phrase "Mutant X-men" takes on an interesting double entendre meaning in the context of MTFs . . . :heehee:

So, I have wondered about it from time to time. But my Dad passed away and I can't imagine broaching the subject with my mom who's 83 now and tends to be a bit of a hysterical worrier. And I'm an only child so there's no siblings to ask.

Hugs'
'lissa

Hermione Simpson
08-10-2007, 08:41 AM
yes, one of my sisters is a lesbian

JamesAlan
08-10-2007, 09:11 AM
I have friends that are in transition. Then there is my girlfriend that is a M2F TS. Myself...I have more of an androgynous personality. Sometimes I feel I'm too feminine to be a guy, but too male to fully be feminine. *shrugs shoulders* I've always been like that though. My dad used to joke that he got the best of a son and daughter in me. Would I go through transition to be male...no, I enjoy too many feminine things.

Siobhan Marie
08-10-2007, 10:33 AM
None of my family, that I know of.

:hugs: Siobhán x

Crissy Kay
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
My sister is gay. I don"t think that has anything at all to do with my cding. She does"nt know that I cd. I think that she would be floored if she ever found out, as I present a macho image most of the time.

Sharon
08-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Everyone in my immediate(biological) family is straight and non-TG. But there is a good chance that at least one or more cousins, aunts, or uncles is or was gay, simply because of the odds and the fact that I have a qazillion cousins -- hey, that's no lie, I'm Irish/Catholic!

I do have a step-daughter who is lesbian, however.

Marcie Sexton
08-10-2007, 06:54 PM
I have a step neice who is openly gay and just reciently had a baby withher partner in life...no blood relation though.

As for my immediate family, no one has ever shown any tendicies of either, quite the opposite...

A sister and brother who lives in central CA. are super conserative...although I wouldn't lable them homophobic, I'm sure they would need clean undies if they ever found out about me:heehee:...My brother who lives in the deep south is a bit more moderate, however even being my brother, he reminds me as one of the good ole boys:rolleyes:...But I love them all dearly...:love:

I do have one neice who is really cool with my dressing...when we chat she always asks how Marcie is and how the family is...We have shared a great deal and she along with my wife remains a pillar of support for me...

Joy Carter
08-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Mother's sisters boy was a girl all his life. I can remember spending the night several times at my aunts. Bobby would do something girly and get smacked for it by his mom. I felt so sorry for him. His brother, Joe Jock had to play with him. But Bobby, that brat made him mad, resulting in a fight. I was just amazed how he acted. You could see by his mannerisms. And by the way he talked. This kid was a girl ! We didn't see each other untill our mid thirties. He was gay and working in a nursing home. He died two years ago from heart failure at fifty. With no money his brother had him cremated and flew him home and burried next to his mom. No service or anything. Us cousins got together that evening of the burial and sead a prayer over his grave.

Sorry about going off like that. He's the only one in the family that I know of.

joann426
08-10-2007, 10:33 PM
i have come out all of my family just to let them know who i really am and they are ok with it they still love me as a man but some of them never seen me dressed up my mom has she loves me still so what i fall down but i get right back up :hugs:go with your heart and do what ever is best for you:love:

Chelseaswpa
08-11-2007, 07:15 AM
I should have given more background, but dont want to make it a biography- I just told my mom, who is 78, the other weekend. My ex, my sister and I have always talked about how Mom always acted like a "little old man" giggles. She keeps her hair short, always wears pants, wallet in the back pocket (never seen her with apurse more than maybe 5 times in my whole life), we love her to death and she has been a wonderful parent. Some things i ahve read say that there is no genetic link- but I dont know about that. Dont get me wrong I am no longer ashamed of my feelings, just trying to figure it all out I guess. Hugs to all of you! and thanks for your help

Plain Jane GG
08-11-2007, 09:15 AM
:2c:
"Hey Chelsea I am still the SO, not the ex yet." :heehee: At least on paper.
As the SO in this story I am trying to figure out alot also. Finding out all of this information about Chelsea and the in-law in 3 months time.

I can see where in the parents generation they could never tell anyone about these feelings. Imagine Jim on Father Knows Best wearing the pearls and heels to vacum :D

Chelsea and I are not trying to label anyone, or place blame. We are looking at the whole picture of life. If this is something that is inside of you, than we need to look at the next generation in the family. We do not have kids, but her brother does. We never want them to go through life feeling alone, if they are trans. or gay. If people would learn to talk about things wouldn't that be the next step in making being CD or Trans alright in society.

We are moving on to a new place in life together. Not a married couple but a couple of Girlfriends.
Now we can shop together and have lunch :heehee:

We also are able to finally be honest and talk about everything. After 17 years him and her is a person that I still love. :love:

Chelseaswpa
08-11-2007, 10:05 AM
[QUOTE=Plain Jane GG;966655]:2c:
"Hey Chelsea I am still the SO, not the ex yet." :heehee: At least on paper.

SORRY :hugs: didn't mean to jump the gun- LOVE you:love: