PDA

View Full Version : Sex: F

Rikkicn
08-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Today I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles with a request for a gender change on my driver’s license. I had the required forms filled out by the surgeon that did my breast implants. According to the form my gender identification is female and my demeanor is female. The Dr noted that I am “a transgendered female who lives in the female gender and that I had not undergone SRS.” I’m not sure why he added the part about SRS. I was concerned the DMV would say that this was necessary for the gender change.
The female clerk read the form quickly, made the change in the computer and sent me off to get a new picture taken. “All she said was “$21.00 please” I gladly paid.
I was given a temporary form and will get the new license in a week or two.
Sitting behind the wheel of my parked car I unfolded the temporary license and read, SEX: F. I take a deep breath as though to bring this awareness into my being.
This was not a goal that I had set for myself. But then I didn’t really plan this whole thing out years ago. It all just sort of snuck up on me. My gender change is best described as an unfolding rather than a transition.
When I moved as a divorced, single man to San Francisco I was looking forward to dressing and going out when ever I wanted. Soon it became clear that taking two hours putting on make up was becoming excessive. Hair was another concern. I had tried many different wigs including custom made and still felt awkward wearing them so I decided to let my hair grow.
It was four months later that I had my first female haircut. I was ready to go out again but this time without make up and without wearing a wig.
I shaved extra close, put on my forms and women’s pants, top, simple jewelry and shoes and headed downtown.
I was surprised to find that no one really noticed me. I was passing or at least blending, but for whatever reason I was not being noticed and especially not being ridiculed.
That was five years ago and I’ve since learned what clothes look good on me and help me look more femme. I’ve finally found the hairstyle that complements me the most. My highlights look lovely too. I’ve worked hard to get my brows to look pretty and my nails to look nice. It took me many tries to get the right color nail polish for my skin color and even longer to get the eyewear that helps with the shape of my face. A little hair removal and here I am, an “F”.

DonnaT
08-09-2007, 07:01 PM
When getting an 'F' is a good thing ;) Congrats!

Lissa Stevens
08-09-2007, 07:09 PM
Congratulations!! That is a big step and I am very happy for you. Just remember now if you are pulled over by the police you can bat your eyes at them now so you can get out of a ticket.

Stephenie S
08-09-2007, 08:51 PM
Or even cry. LOL

TxKimberly
08-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Today I went to the Department of Motor Vehicles with a request for a gender change on my driver’s license. I had the required forms filled out by the surgeon that did my breast implants. According to the form my gender identification is female and my demeanor is female. The Dr noted that I am “a transgendered female who lives in the female gender and that I had not undergone SRS.” I’m not sure why he added the part about SRS. I was concerned the DMV would say that this was necessary for the gender change.
The female clerk read the form quickly, made the change in the computer and sent me off to get a new picture taken. “All she said was “$21.00 please” I gladly paid.
I was given a temporary form and will get the new license in a week or two.
Sitting behind the wheel of my parked car I unfolded the temporary license and read, SEX: F. I take a deep breath as though to bring this awareness into my being.
This was not a goal that I had set for myself. But then I didn’t really plan this whole thing out years ago. It all just sort of snuck up on me. My gender change is best described as an unfolding rather than a transition.
When I moved as a divorced, single man to San Francisco I was looking forward to dressing and going out when ever I wanted. Soon it became clear that taking two hours putting on make up was becoming excessive. Hair was another concern. I had tried many different wigs including custom made and still felt awkward wearing them so I decided to let my hair grow.
It was four months later that I had my first female haircut. I was ready to go out again but this time without make up and without wearing a wig.
I shaved extra close, put on my forms and women’s pants, top, simple jewelry and shoes and headed downtown.
I was surprised to find that no one really noticed me. I was passing or at least blending, but for whatever reason I was not being noticed and especially not being ridiculed.
That was five years ago and I’ve since learned what clothes look good on me and help me look more femme. I’ve finally found the hairstyle that complements me the most. My highlights look lovely too. I’ve worked hard to get my brows to look pretty and my nails to look nice. It took me many tries to get the right color nail polish for my skin color and even longer to get the eyewear that helps with the shape of my face. A little hair removal and here I am, an “F”.

Congrats - that must be a NEAT feeling!

Stephenie S
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
A great big congrats for you, sweetie. :D

Stephenie

serinalynn
08-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Congrats on the change to your Drivers Liscense. :cheer:Those blowhards at The CA. DMV can be hard to deal with at times.:Pullhair:

jackie_p
08-09-2007, 09:42 PM
Congratulations to you!
Congratulations to you!
Congratulations dear Rikki!
Congratulations to you!

Holly
08-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Rikki, I could not be happier for you, hon. I'll bet you sleep well tonight!

Jenna1561
08-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Congratulations! This is really wonderful news. I am so happy for you.

Jenna

Suzy Harrison
What a wonderful story.
I guess it shows that even when you've have breast implants - and maybe even if you go as far as having the surgery, it doesn't automatically mean that you suddenly blend in easily, and in turn, are accepted overnight.
Now you've taken this step - do you wish you had done it earlier?
I keep on thinking about it myself but think that if I was to do it then I should have done it in my teens or twenties...

flatlander_48
Sitting behind the wheel of my parked car I unfolded the temporary license and read, SEX: F.

Sounds like real progress to me!

uknowhoo
08-09-2007, 10:31 PM
that's way cool rikki, congrats sweetie :hugs:

and thanx for sharing too.;)

xoxo

Chelseaswpa
08-10-2007, 06:11 AM
You Go Girl!!!!!!!

Hermione Simpson
08-10-2007, 06:39 AM
congratulations rikki on getting the f

Shelly Preston
08-10-2007, 06:46 AM
f = Fantastic (Female)

Congratulations on getting the F :happy:

Tamera
08-10-2007, 07:46 AM
Interesting how you can still have your MALE parts and be classified as a FEMALE.

This adds another road to this community.

Wonder if the police will have to call out a FEMALE OFFICER if/when you ever have to be searched?????? Boy will she be surprised:shocked:
Tamera

Patty
08-10-2007, 08:04 AM
Congrats to you :love:

TreKidation
08-10-2007, 09:56 AM
This is clearly because the worker at the DMZ either doesn't care one way or the other about rules/regulations/her job or didn't read the form - oh wait, it's the same thing

Rikkicn
08-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Interesting how you can still have your MALE parts and be classified as a FEMALE.

This adds another road to this community.

Wonder if the police will have to call out a FEMALE OFFICER if/when you ever have to be searched?????? Boy will she be surprised:shocked:
Tamera
I think if that situation occurred I would tell the officers immediately that I was a transgendered woman.

What a wonderful story.
I guess it shows that even when you've have breast implants - and maybe even if you go as far as having the surgery, it doesn't automatically mean that you suddenly blend in easily, and in turn, are accepted overnight.
Now you've taken this step - do you wish you had done it earlier?
I keep on thinking about it myself but think that if I was to do it then I should have done it in my teens or twenties...
Suzy,
I don't have any regrets about anything in my life. Everything that I have done and experienced has made me the person I am today. I love being me and I love my life.
Looking in the past for things I could have done differently keeps me a prisoner to "what could have been" and there's no fun in that jail cell.

This is clearly because the worker at the DMZ either doesn't care one way or the other about rules/regulations/her job or didn't read the form - oh wait, it's the same thing
It could also be because she saw a woman standing before her and wanted to make this as easy as possible for me. We have lots of allies out there.

Sally24
08-10-2007, 10:35 AM

If you look at the form she seems to have followed it as per regs. Some states do not require a full SRS/genital surgury to change the M/F on an id. IMHO all that matters is the public presentation of gender, especially if it is a 24/7 status.

sarah378619
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
It is important to be recognized for who you are. But, its the way you feel inside that matters, and no one can ever take that away.
Huggs,
Sarah

Jenn2716
08-10-2007, 10:48 AM
Congrats Rikki, You must be so happy.

susie evans
08-10-2007, 11:46 AM
this sounds like another bright spot in the journey of life i'am very happy for you and wish you the best

:love: ..... susie

JamesAlan
08-10-2007, 03:39 PM
When I was 15 and going to get my learner's permit, DMV put me down as a male. I'm a gg who was going through a very butch period. My Mom and I had a big laugh about it. Who would know 10 yrs later I'd be the "male" in a lesbian relationship with a ts. Congrats on your "F" status. I might get my girlfriend check into what the state's regulations are for that. Handy info to have.