PDA

View Full Version : On National TV

Stephenie S
08-09-2007, 09:12 PM
Did anyone catch the Greg Behrendt Show this morning? Veronica "came out" to her GG girlfriend on national TV. Told her he wanted to live as Veronica 24/7. It was kinda sad because the girlfriend was expecting a proposal, not a revelation. She looked a bit like a deer caught in the headlights.

I was soooo disapointed that all Greg seemed to be interested in was the sex. That's all he wanted to talk about. That was very shallow. Oprah did the same thing on her show. Sex, sex, sex, it seems like that's all they want to explore. "What's the sex like?" Geezum crow!! Get a life!

Anyway, I was at work so I did not get to see the whole show, or even most of it, only snippets as I went about my workday. Anyone else see it?

Lovies,
Stephie

Sweet Jane
08-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I really hate those live TV shows that have one of these "big" revelations which has the potential to mortify one of the participants. I can't believe that people would be so callous as to want to do this type of thing in front of the nation...to humiliate publicly someone they supposedly love......I am sure there are thousands of more suitable and more compassionate ways to do this........

Stephenie S
08-09-2007, 09:59 PM
I so agree, dear. I wish more people felt this way. Evidently the big money is on those shows though, because there are just more and more of them all the time.

Stephie

Kate Simmons
08-10-2007, 12:14 AM
Yeah, well cheap entertainment for the "masses". No surprise there Stephanie. Sounds like a real "groaner" to me.:straightface:

GACountrygal
08-10-2007, 01:07 AM
I really hate those live TV shows that have one of these "big" revelations which has the potential to mortify one of the participants. I can't believe that people would be so callous as to want to do this type of thing in front of the nation...to humiliate publicly someone they supposedly love......I am sure there are thousands of more suitable and more compassionate ways to do this........

yup I agree..
:thumbsdn: poor taste in method for sure :mad:
Nic

noname
08-10-2007, 02:36 AM
Isn't going on those talk shows kind of asking for it? I wouldn't go on a talk show without knowing exactly why I'm going to be on the show. Even then it would need to a reputable well respected show.

Suzie S.
08-10-2007, 05:26 AM
I didn't get to see the show, and actually glad I missed it! Talk about the wrong way to reveal something so important! :eek: I hate those talk shows! If I was the girlfriend, I don't know which I would be more shocked about... the CDing or the insensitive way he chose to reveal this. I think the latter!

Shelly Preston
08-10-2007, 05:55 AM
I can never undrestand why people would choose national television to reveal somthing that is most likely to be a shock to the person finding out

Fine if its something gaurtenteed to put a smile on there face

Lawren
08-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Take a lesson, guys. This is NOT the way to tell your SO.

Dita_B
08-10-2007, 07:35 AM
I hate those shows that seem to thrive on ruining someone's highest hopes and expectations. It is the same in those so called "reality" shows in which they call up thousands of talented hopefuls to fill one glamorous position, only to be dismissed one by one...

I don't know how people can possibly be entertained by them...

I hardly watch any TV anymore, except for the weather channel...

I feel so sorry for the poor girl that was expecting a proposal... what a sad way to reveal yourself to your SO...

:love:Dita.

Ema1234 GG
08-10-2007, 08:55 AM
What a terrible thing to do to that poor girl. As far as I'm concerned he really can't care about her or have any real hope for the future of their relationship.

Or it's a set up. I often wonder about how many of the cases on these chat shows are real. Here in the UK the big one at the moment is the Jeremy Kyle Show on ITV in the mornings. really do wonder why people would agree to go on national TV to discuss such highly personal issues.

Sarah Plumber
08-10-2007, 09:08 AM
I agree that some of these TV shows are a set up. But then I find that most of the participants are a brick short of a bungalow. Many don't have jobs and all of them seem to be the sort that whatch the programmes themselves...all day long.... But Hey they get to be on TV and meet a minor celeb !! No doubt a night or two in hotel. Good food. A few drinks on the TV company...poor souls...

Would'nt you be very suspicious if you were invited onto one of those shows? I know I would as 9/10 shows have a victim and they are normaly the ones who get the invite as the other particpant has obviously set it up.

Sasha Anne Meadows
08-10-2007, 11:27 AM
This is why we are still so misundrstood.

Dixie
08-10-2007, 11:29 AM
Some people will do anything for their 15 minutes of fame, sheesh

Sheri 4242
08-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I can never undrestand why people would choose national television to reveal somthing that is most likely to be a shock to the person finding out

Take a lesson, guys. This is NOT the way to tell your SO.

"Ain't" it the truth!!! I just cannot imagine how anybody could do this, much less think it was a good idea, much less think it might be acceptable!!!

I find that most of the participants are a brick short of a bungalow. Many don't have jobs and all of them seem to be the sort that whatch the programmes themselves...all day long.... But Hey they get to be on TV and meet a minor celeb !! No doubt a night or two in hotel. Good food. A few drinks on the TV company . . .

It is worse than being a brick short!!! Its a situation of "the light is dimly on, but nobody's at home." Or, "their elevator is forever stuck between floors." Sheesh!!!!!!!

To uderstand: the answer has to lie within the old adage that if you don't understand something, look for a financial gain!!!

:thumbsdn: :thumbsdn: :mad: :thumbsdn: :thumbsdn:

KandisTX
08-10-2007, 12:47 PM
Is what I call all that tripe. It's shows like "Jerry Springer", and lately "Maury Povich" that give us gurls a bad name. The only reason I ever watched any of those shows in my younger years was to say "At least my life is not THAT pathetic".

I did however watch one one time where the young lady did get her proposal, with a caveat from the man. He told her that before she answered, he had something else to tell her. With that, he was whisked off back stage and transformed by the "professional stylists":rolleyes: and came back out again fully dressed. The worst part was he expected, honestly expected, her to answer him RIGHT THEN after dropping his CDing on her like that. :rolleyes:

Kandis:love: