PDA

View Full Version : Oops!!!

natasha
08-09-2007, 11:26 PM
My router went out the other day and we had to have the ATT technician out to fix it. He shows up and we end up checking all of the wiring to the phones and tv's (satellite) well anyway one of my tv's has all of its wiring through a wall that backs into a closet where I have all of my clothes and stuff. I knew we would end up going in there to check the wiring so I broke away to hide everything out of view. I thought I had done quite well until I returned awhile later only to find that I missed all of my stockings I had hanging to dry from the wash. He never said anything but there is no way that he missed them. :heehee:

Phyliss
08-10-2007, 03:28 AM
I really wouldn't worry too much. While not a "cable tech" my work does take me into peoples homes, specfically their garage, (great hiding place, or "dressup" area). There is a kinda "unwritten" code of ethics among home service techs. What we "see" we really don't see. For the most part we're too busy or preoccupied with the task at hand to bother "snooping" to check out the house. Besides doing something like that could very well get us fired.

Sheri 4242
08-10-2007, 03:35 AM
Most likely he didn't even notice them -- but even if he did, so what? Service reps that come into your home have no clue who all live there -- and even if they thnk you are single, they don't know who might be visiting, or if you have a gf staying with you, or anything along those lines. Nothing to worry about!

Angie G
08-10-2007, 04:43 AM
So what dothey have to be yours he don't know :hugs:
Angie

Kristen Marie
08-10-2007, 06:06 AM
I think I may have actually left a few things in the closet on purpose. Maybe a pair of strappy heels, a cute little dress, matching bra and panty set....maybe he's a sister too.

Don't worry about it.

Stephenie S
08-10-2007, 06:44 AM
The cable guy has seen far worse than that, hon. Remember, not only does he not know who's clothes they are, he doesn't care. He's working on the electronics, not vetting your fashion sense.

We can spend FAR, FAR too much time worrying about what others think when in reality, they just don't give a rat's patootie about us. Sometimes I think we are just too full of ourselves for our own good.

Lovies,
Stephenie

brittanny
08-10-2007, 08:58 AM
I have done cable work and he had no idea if they were yours or someone elses and he didn't care

Rachel Morley
08-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I agree with the others. When I was single and living on my own I had a guy fix my phone line and he had to go into my closet. Half the clothes there were women's ones .... skirts, dresses, silk blouses etc. He didn't say a word and I wasn't bothered either because I would have said (had he of asked) "oh yeah, all that belongs to my girlfriend. She's got a bunch of her clothes here because she stays over a lot" or some such comment.

Deborah Jane
08-10-2007, 01:45 PM
I agree with the others. When I was single and living on my own I had a guy fix my phone line and he had to go into my closet. Half the clothes there were women's ones .... skirts, dresses, silk blouses etc. He didn't say a word and I wasn't bothered either because I would have said (had he of asked) "oh yeah, all that belongs to my girlfriend. She's got a bunch of her clothes here because she stays over a lot" or some such comment.

I agree, i live on my own and if one of my friends or one of my kids spotted something, i would just say "it must be debbies", they would just assume she must be be a girlfriend[I hope]:heehee: