PDA

View Full Version : SO see's me for the first time!

Amanda Shaft
08-10-2007, 04:00 AM
Some weeks ago (or maybe a month or two) I posted a thread asking for advice about showing myself dressed for the first time to my SO. Well life they say is what happens whilst you’re making other plans!

The big reveal never took place until last week: there’s a once a month tg event at a village hall in Minstead, Hampshire, UK entitled ‘Stiletto Nights’, it occurs on the first Wednesday of the month and my SO agreed to go along with me. So not only did she get to see me dressed for the first time it was also her first time out with me as well!

I got changed whilst she was out, deciding on my little black dress as the best option: not too daring, but smart, classy: in fact just what a LBD should be! I was nervous, so when she came back I asked her if she was ready to see me from the confines of the other room.
She replied “I’m not sure!” so then out I stepped regardless!
She didn’t faint, laugh, convulse or make any other involuntary noises I asked her how I looked, was it as expected etc. She said I looked okay! I was really fishing for a better compliment than that but hey ho! I asked if I could use her nail polish, then if I could borrow one of her jackets. She agreed to my requests and said once I’d got the jacket on that it looked better on me than on her! High praise!

We jumped in the car, I drove and off we went. It was strange: we were talking just normally as we do, only I’m sitting, driving in heels and a dress. I’m not sure what I had expected but ‘normal’ wasn’t it!

Stiletto Nights was great: friendly, relaxed and welcoming. A bar, music, and food laid on, lots of other girls there, so we chatted, danced and had a good time! I’d encourage any of you who can make it there to take the opportunity to get out and strut your stuff or to get out and just be who you are with other like minded people!
My SO took it all in her stride, she told me on the way home that she had found it all a little weird but not as bad as she thought it might have been. The friendly and open reception from the people there had helped her she said.

We got home and she told me I looked pretty convincing as a women: I wasn’t to sure if she meant ‘pretty’ as in nearly but not quite or as in hey good job convincing? I decided not to push it. I simply said would you mind unzipping me darling…

To all you understanding GG’s out there: you are amazing, my admiration for you even trying to understand the unexplainable is unbound, I am humbled by your generosity of spirit. Thank you all and especially my SO who is with out doubt a remarkable and wonderful person and far better than the likes of me deserve!

Hugs Amanda xx

PS. We will be going back to ‘Stiletto Nights’ together next time! See you there?
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/Amanda-Shaft/Minstead.jpg

Angie G
08-10-2007, 04:34 AM
You do pass well Amanda so you go girl :hugs:
Angie

Sandra
08-10-2007, 04:59 AM
Really glad things went well for you both, just remember to continue to take it slow with your SO.

Suzie S.
08-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Amanda, it sounds like you had a charming evening! :happy: I'm so happy for you that your wife enjoyed it as well! You look very pretty and classy!!! :D

Shelly Preston
08-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Hi Amanda

You look great :)

Please make sure your wife gets rewarded for being so understanding

Glad you have nice evening

Stephenie S
08-10-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, my wife used to say, "You look very pretty, for a guy."

Now that I am full time she doesn't say that anymore. Either I've gotten better looking or she's gotten used to me. A combination of both, I should think, as I get little reaction in the community. Just another ol' gal out and about.

Stephie

Di
08-10-2007, 07:08 AM
Glad it went well:hugs: do not be disheartned....she said you looked ok.......and since it is her first time seeing you...........that was a positive.

tall_brianna
08-10-2007, 07:18 AM
Way to go Amanda! Sounds like a fun evening and your SO sounds like an amazing person.

As for appearance and critique, weigh hers heavily. Your SO is probably the only person close enough to you to tell you the truth.

-b

vikki2020
08-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Thats really great, Amanda. I'm happy for both of you.

susie evans
08-11-2007, 01:50 PM
glad things went well for you my wife and i started out this way and now we are best friends when out dressed i think a lot is accepting your self and the confidence you convay through actions and apperance :hugs:

susie

Slip Affinity
08-11-2007, 02:49 PM
GREAT!! I'm glad it went so well for you. And btw, you look good.

Sabrina Flowers
08-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Hi Amanda. I glad you had a nice time at ‘Stiletto Nights’, and your SO got along fine. you and your outfit look nice too.

trannie T
08-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Things look better outside the closet, don't they?

Cindi Ann Kelly
08-13-2007, 05:59 PM
I am happy for you, enjoy.

Cindi