PDA

View Full Version : Your average dressing time

joann07
08-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok. I searched and didn't find anything on this subject, but I was just curious. :daydreaming:
On average, how long would you say it normally takes for you to get fully dressed, that is, starting with makeup to finally putting on those heels.
Me, it takes a little over an hour, but not more than an hour and a half.

Come on girls!
Who has the record for the shortest and the longest times. :happy:

KandisTX
08-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Good question. Though, it has been quite some time since I was TOTALLY dressed up. I would have to say it totally depends on why I am dressing.

1. Dressing just to be dressed I could probably do everything in 20 - 30 minutes.

2. Dressing to go out, casual I could probably do in 30 - 40 minutes.

3. Dressing to go out, to the nines it would probably take me 40 minutes to an hour or longer depending on whether I had to shave my legs or not. (though I have gotten a complete shave from nose to toes done in roughly 20 minutes).

Kandis:love:

Sally24
08-10-2007, 01:01 PM
(though I have gotten a complete shave from nose to toes done in roughly 20 minutes).Kandis:love:
I'd need alot of bandaids at the end of that 20 minutes!

I can do a very thin daytime look in 30 minutes, maybe a little less.

A good nightime look with shadow and eyeliner will take from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours.

Deborah Jane
08-10-2007, 01:02 PM
My maximum time from full drab to fully glammed [good enough to go out clubbing! but i don,t]] up is 2 hours. Normally, depending on what i wear, how much makeup etc is about 1 hour[including facial shaving]!!

Dita_B
08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
It takes me a full 3 hours to dress completely and when I include my nails and nail polish it takes me up to an hour more.

My dressing time is broken up like this: assuming that I have already done shaving:
1 hour to get my clothes on, including shoes and jewelry,
1 hour to get my basic makeup on, foundation, concealer and all that stuff,
1 hour to get my eyes and mascara done right. I find putting on mascara, especially on the lower lashes, without getting smudges, one of the most difficult tasks to master...ever. Also styling my wig, until I am satisfied, takes me a lot of (included) time
1 hour or less for my artificial nails.

Mind you this time span includes bringing out my female suitcase from the crawlspace and cleaning up afterwards so that no trace of my secret adventure remains. And you should see the mess I am able to make. Stuff everywhere!

It takes me 1 hour to get rid of everything that took 3 plus hours to put on...

Are you making a statistic about this, Joann? Perhaps you could do this in the form of a poll... just a suggestion.

Thanks for asking.

:love:Dita.

Emily Ann Brown
08-10-2007, 01:21 PM
Just to run around and enjoy ....30 minutes (I keep my nails long and cleared).

For a special activity or glam photos....just under an hour.

Emily Ann

JoAnnDallas
08-10-2007, 01:36 PM
Sinse I already have long acrylic nails and I keep my toes polished all the time and I keep my legs/chest/arms shaved too, it usually take me somewhere around 45 minutes to get ready. This is not counting the time it takes to select an outfit first. LOL

Melanie R
08-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Since completing lazer hair removal of the black hairs on my face, I can do my makeup in 5 minutes, put on my clothes and be out the door in 15 minutes. I did just that recently when I was late heading out the door to go with my wife to a play. I guess I looked like all the other women who were dressed down and had on minimal makeup. At least no one pinted a finger or looked at me twice. Maybe thats because there were a lot of ugly women at that theatre - excluding my wife who is always nicely dressed and beautiful.

sara_also
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Well I think I am about the average here. Not including a shower, I take anywhere between 45 minutes to an hour. Thats about average time for me.

roddell47
08-10-2007, 02:28 PM
From the time I start the bath ,soak shave :rolleyes:dry off smelly good on,makeup,undergarments,pick a outfit ,check fit and look,about 2 hours.:heehee:

Joanna0909a
08-10-2007, 02:39 PM
I never go out without make up, even to shop. So, from the time the clothes come out of the drawer, assuming I do not have to iron anything, and if I am lucky with the mascara and contacts, I can be ready in about an hour and a half. That includes getting at least something on my nails. So I am in the 1-1/2 to 2 hour category.
Joanna

Brianna Lovely
08-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Semi-fem, 15 minutes, giggle.

Full-fem, wig, makeup etc., about an hour.

sarah378619
08-10-2007, 02:50 PM
without make up I get dressed in 15 minites. I love getting dressed and enjoy the experience.
Sarah

Debs
08-10-2007, 02:57 PM
4 hours, am never happy with my look, but thats just me being paranoid of looking acceptable in public. Silly me, I should just enjoy the moment. After it is not illegal to dress as woman. Or go into a shop and buy anything you want. My god if i could think like that when I am out dressed, life would be a whole lot better. Dressing up is not an offence, now sorry back to the original question, I could do it in one hour if the whole world accecpted tv's.

Julogden
08-10-2007, 03:07 PM
To do makeup, clothes, jewelry and wig, 1.5-2 hours on the average.

Carol

Dawn D.
08-10-2007, 03:15 PM
Yup! I am right there with most of you, I never really time myself, However my wife tells me it takes about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. I am always surprised by that while I am getting ready I am so focused on doing the best that I can, I completely lose track of time!

Dawn

reneecroix
08-10-2007, 03:17 PM
So fussy, at least an hour and a half, two hours if the paint has to dry..lol.

Jennilouise
08-10-2007, 03:27 PM
it takes me around 45mins to 1 hr to get fully dressed. I enjoy the whole experince i must admit that my partner does my make up.

Dawn D.
08-10-2007, 03:34 PM
OOhhh! That time for me does not include nails!!! I know that tonite I will spend at least another 1 1/2 hrs on them!!

Dawn

Kate Simmons
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I think someone asked this a while back, although I can't remember where (Old age!). From the time I finish shaving, it usually takes me about a half hour tops before I go out the door. Of course, usually my wig, clothes, jewelery, etc. are already picked out but not always. The makeup look I usually "make up" as I'm going along but I'm generally not too fussy in any case. If I realize en route that I forgot something, I just say screw it and "fake it" like any red blooded woman would (learned that trick from my wife:heehee:). Anyway, this is just getting to be too a way routine any more which is why I sometimes just say forget it and go out as Rich (now that's challenging!).:happy:

Carroll
08-10-2007, 03:47 PM
a few minutes for me. just slap on a bra, boobs, dress, and wig just hang about the house. add about 30-45 to add make-up for going out

Brenda Locke
08-10-2007, 03:59 PM
For myself if I am just going to be sitting around the House on my own;1/2-45 minutes. If I intend to go somewhere you can double it. Anywhere from 11/2 - 2 hours. That does not include my nails however.

Brenda.

tall sam
08-10-2007, 04:11 PM
What a question !! Any from a few minutes if I just want to pop on some fem clothes to about 2 hours to get the full fem photo look with shaving, taping and all. Then again I could spend half a day just having fun getting ready and dressed - this is probably the best part of CDing for me.

XXX

JamesAlan
08-10-2007, 04:26 PM
My girlfriend is one of the pickiest women I've known when it comes to her look. But after her shower (which can take over an hour if the hot water lasts) to the pretty kitty usually took about 45 minutes to an hour if I had to do her nails too. With out nails I could get her done in under 30 minutes. For myself...including shower to finished product 45 minutes tops.

Kristen Kelly
08-10-2007, 04:37 PM
If I'm shaved and showered and know what I'm going to wear as little as 20 mins full make-up and out the door but the normal routine is about 45mins to 1 Hr.

Kris
08-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I can't believe how quickly some of you can get ready. I am a GG and I can't get ready to go clubbing in 1 hour! :p It takes me forever. You also have so much more to do that I do. I am in awe.. I need some lessons.

Kris GG

uknowhoo
08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
95% of the times I dress it's w/o make-up :o so it's 5 - 10 minutes.

When I do have the chance to do the whole 9 yarsd, including all shaving, make-up, accessorized , etc, it's at least an hour and a half to two... but it's worth it! :battingeyelashes:

Phoebe Reece
08-10-2007, 05:49 PM
It normally takes me about 2 hours to: shave face & legs, shower, do makeup & nail polish, brush out & put on my wig, clothes and jewelry. If I haven't picked out what to wear beforehand, the time may get extended by my trying on a lot of different combinations of outfits to find "the right look".

rexy
08-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Girls when Ifirst started it use to take about 2 to 2.5 hours to get ready . But now because I shave every other day it helps to get things started , so about one hour it about all it takes now .:happy:

Tamera
08-10-2007, 08:04 PM
My first decision is what to wear. This takes about 20 minutes. I can have an idea what to wear the day before but I never know till the time comes.

Then its shaving and putting on my face. This takes about 45 minutes.

Last is the nails, which is another 30 minutes by the time they are dry to do anything.

So all in all about a 1 1/2 hours.
Hugs,
Tamera

Lora Olivia
08-10-2007, 08:42 PM
around the house casual in 20-30 minutes shower shave and the full bit 1 1/2-2 hours but the hours out after that make the time worth it:D

sissystephanie
08-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Since I don't go out trying to pass, it doesn't take very long. Maybe 10 or 15 minutes from panties to out the door. If I was to try makeup and a wig, it probably would be most of the day!

I think the Champ would have to be Karren. She can stop at a rest stop as a man, run in and come back out as a woman! Now that is quick!

Sissy

More Girl than man at times

Brooke A
08-10-2007, 08:55 PM
For the full production, not counting nail painting, at least 1 hour.
I don't go that far most of the time, becuase it takes at least that long
to get the make up washed off. Damn eyeliner! Why do I love you so.
Brooke A.

Cristi
08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
'Prep' work (shaving twice, plucking, pruning...) takes 20 minutes easy, since in between times I do it, it tends to get away from me.

Then between the nails and makeup, I'd say another 45 minutes to an hour.

Finally, I don't use a wig. I style my own long hair which means lots of work with the curling iron. This adds at LEAST another 20-30 minutes if I take my time and do it 'right'

So there we are... roughly an hour and a half, and I'm still naked! :eek: so add to that another 10 minutes for hose, forms, clothing, jewelry... THEN I'm finally ready to go. All in all probably not too much shy of 2 hours.

Then, of course, just before I'm on the way out the door I'll get a phone call from my dad saying he'll be over in 10 minutes.

Time to UNDRESS and get rid of all signs of makeup? About 10 minutes. :)

Butterfly Bill
08-10-2007, 10:06 PM
In the summer it's step into my sandals, throw the dress over my head and pull it down over my body, throw the strap of my purse over my shoulder, and I'm outta here. Total elapsed time: about a minute.

In the winter add maybe as much as five minutes to get some pantyhose on, if I discover that the first pair I try has a run in them.

Mary Morgan
08-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, after many years of practice, trial and errror, and if you we do not include shaving, I can be made up, dressed, and in the passenger seat in 20-25 minutes. Now, I just need a place to go.

Suzy Harrison
08-11-2007, 12:31 AM
It takes me between 2 to 3 hour to get ready.

Getting dressed doesn't take me long at all. It's the initial shaving and putting on make up that takes the time. I take ages to make sure my face is totally smooth and free of hair - but at least an hour and sometimes a bit more with my make up. I really enjoy putting it on so won't be rushed.
I always put on make up first and then dress afterwards.

ArleneRaquel
08-11-2007, 12:38 AM
If I plan to go out enfemme at least 45 - 60 minutes. If I am just lounging around the house or doing house work about 20 minutes. I must always be lipsticked, clean shaven ( all over ) and at wearing at least Bra, Panty, Pantyhose, Wig, Glasses when I work around the inside of the house. :love: & :hugs: Trina - Vampy doing Housework,

Andrea Azariah
08-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Think it differs depending on the purpose; probably 20mins is enough for a casual occasion if i have everything ready, but without the nails done...

Deidra Cowen
08-11-2007, 06:53 AM
Hmmmm...seems like a lot of us are simular.

To go clubbing or out in public say shopping. Two hours and thats if I don't have to paint my toes or do a big shaving job.

To just have fun around the house enfemme...takes me 20 minutes.

Rachaelb64
08-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Mmm....about 30mins average, but I have done it in 10mins or less, no make-up just chilling around the flat.

But if I shave my body, well thats about 20mins in the bath and 30mins dressing, make-up etc

So 50mins is probably my longest :)

jackieo
08-11-2007, 07:30 AM
I keep every thing shaved all the time and the only thing I would Have to paint is my finger nails.
If I put my hair in curlers that takes 30mins or if I use the curling iron 45min but if I use the curlers I can put on my make up and get dressed wile the curlers set witch takes about an hr.So Ill say 1hr to 2 hr depending witch rout that I do with my hair and if it plays nice and it may need more hair spray from a dab to 1/2 the can LOL.

love Jackie:be:
Ps some time I wish I had a wig but my real hair makes the look more real!

TxKimberly
08-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Given all the practice I've had these days, I can tell you exactly. Including (blush) shaving my ugly old face, it takes me just about exactly 2 hours. Knowing how long it takes ME, I do NOT fuss at my wife to hurry up when we go someplace. :-)

jackieo
08-11-2007, 07:45 AM
Given all the practice I've had these days, I can tell you exactly. Including (blush) shaving my ugly old face, it takes me just about exactly 2 hours. Knowing how long it takes ME, I do NOT fuss at my wife to hurry up when we go someplace. :-)

That how come we have 2 bathrooms with makeup meres because if I have to curl this mop with an iron it takes at least 45min if it not humid out side and I don't have to use a ton of hair spray LOL.Can't use the curlers in the summer they don't seem to work as well.
love Jackie:be:

Wendy me
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
OK not a on time type always late all the time .... i can get done and ready in 2 hours ...... but give me 4 hours lol and i still will be late..... i get side tracked lol...... i don't like to rush and i hate in a hurry......

Crissy Kay
08-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Make it am hour for me too. Even though I am just dressing for myself,and the mirror, I like to be fully dressed with make up, etc. It takes time to make those petticoats look just right!!!! LOL!!

Billie1
08-11-2007, 09:17 AM
If I'm going out, the basic prep/clean-up time (shower,shave) is about 45 min. to an hour. Make-up, foundation, eye make-up, lipstick, etc is usually another 30-45 min. Since I know ahead of time what 'look' I'm going for, the outfit is set out ahead of time, so that's included. Choosing shoes can take forever!:D

Mz Stiletto
08-11-2007, 09:50 AM
eighty six me