PDA

View Full Version : Does CDing have bearing on your sensitivity as a man?

KandisTX
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
My wife told me that she fell inlove with me because I was a more gentle man than others, was this a result of being a CD????

RylieCD brought this up in another thread, but I thought it should be a thread all its own. (Thanks Rylie).

As a man most of us are raised with the "Men don't show emotions" mentality, it is often times ingrained into our fiber growing up. As we age, our own ideals change as does our emotional stability. I often wonder if my CDing has enabled me to be a more emotional person than if I were not a CD.

What do you ladies think? (GGs feel free to answer with your thoughts as well).

Kandis:love:

Toyah
08-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Nope I am still grumpy and irratable

PaulaJaneThomas
08-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I can't say I've noticed any difference between cis-gendered and transgendered males in this respect. Both groups show a very large variance in their propensity to show emotions IME.

Shelly Preston
08-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Hi Kandis

Thats an interesting idea but i dont think the crossdressing and emoitional nature are directly linked
I think I would be just as emotional without being a CD
It's easy to assume the two are connected as we associate women with having a softer side
It may be that we seem to be able to experss it more easily as we don't feel the need to be so macho all the time

I think its just part of who we are as individual from our life experiences

sarah378619
08-10-2007, 02:44 PM
not all cds are the same. I think there is a gender component that is seperate Kandis. I have always felt that my gender was 75% girl. I think there are others like us too. I have noticed I can relate to things with my wife and daughters that are considered female or girly. I like doing hair or talking about clothes. I get emotional with chic flics.I love cooking and I enjoyed bottle feeding my daughters. I love being girly and that gives me a better bond with my daughters.
Huggs
Sarah

RylieCD
08-10-2007, 03:19 PM
I am Glad I could be of assitance, as your subject Kandis :)

Tip or Ozma
08-10-2007, 03:26 PM
I am learning to express and explore my feelings on a deeper and perhaps more authentic level--particularly in the past six months. During this time, my wife and I have been talking about, sharing and expressing a multitude of thoughts and ideas about gender and sexuality based on what wearing women's clothing says about me. I am feeling a sense of freedom or something that has been held in the background even though I have been dressing (in secret since childhood). I do feel that a stand apart (positively) from males who do not dress--particularly the narrow-minded macho guys.

RylieCD
08-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I should clarify my post for the earlier thread. First of all my wife did not know of my CD prior to marrige (my mistake). As for the gentle side of me it may have come from being teased and being beat down in school or I really think it is just who I am, CD or not.

Kate Simmons
08-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Not really Kandis. One feeds the other, for me anyway. I was always sensitive as a guy.:happy:

Ruth
08-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I have found a big change in my sensitivity and all round emotional life since being able to express my feminine self openly. I am sure I'm a better man for it and my wife agrees!

Kris
08-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I am far from an expert but I find that men who cd seem to be more polite and understanding. I think that even if you are not sensitive enough to cry at a chick flick or a sad story, you at least are more understanding that a macho guy who is insecure with his sexuality.

My experience so far is that men who do CD seem to be very secure in who they are.

But I have had limited exposure too...

Just my opinion.

Eugenie
08-10-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't know which is the cause and which is the effect, but recently, the president of the associations I'm volunteering with, an of which I am the vice president, told me that I wasn't thinking like a man... That I was reacting more llike a woman... I was in DRAB mode when she told me and didn't know that I was an x-dresser. After that I decided to let her know...

Is it my X-dressing wich causes this "feminine" mode of reaction or is my x-dressing caused by the fact that I reacted differently from other boys, ever since I was young child?

When I was a young pupil, at the occasion of a drawing/painting contest (I was about 10 years old) we had to hide our names to get a fair judgement by the jury. When the results were given and the names uncovered, I wasn't the best, but got a surprising comment "I would never have thought that this was painted by a boy."

So indeed even when I'm dressed as a man, I tend to react with attitudes that are usualy associated to women, knowing of course how much such remarks are judgemental and based upon stereotyped images of feminity and masculinity.

:hugs:
Eugenie

Marcie Sexton
08-10-2007, 05:29 PM
For me there are two...well really three, counting Marcie,

At work I must maintain a calm cool collected appearance, especially when traffic begins to gather and congestion begins...There are so many factors to be weighed in when I'm on duty, especially in supervision. I must be the foundation and steading influence to make things work in an orderly proficient manner...

At home I am an equal with my wife...we laugh, cry and share our lives as one...At home I can relax and allow the real me, no matter what to be seen, be it happy, sad, frustrated, or just generally a grouch...

...and of course there's Marcie who is a God send for my wife and me, we have come to share so many more things girl to girl...perhaps even more so than husband and wife...

As complicated as it may seem, my life is really rather simple...some times more is less...