PDA

View Full Version : The tall girls dilemma

tall sam
08-11-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi Girls, those who know me know that I just love the chance to get all femme. I am a closet CD'r with a supporting wife. My dressing is unfortunately limited to when the kids are not at home.
I have been out once when I was away on business in a very CD freindly city - Toronto, however, even though I can look very femme when dressed I am 6'6'' so dont have a hope of blending in. This is really fustrating but I cant do anything about it unless someone out there has a solution (a hangout for tall people??). I would just love to nip over to London sometimes, get myself looking great and just head out for the evening feeling like a lady (and being treated like one)!

Joy Carter
08-11-2007, 04:29 AM
Although I'm a puny six foot. I to have problems getting my clothes to look right. The worst in that I'm a triangle. Things that fit the top are baggy on the bottom. Sleeves are too short. And most things for tall girls are just pants. Thank god for tunics. Shoes in size thirteen are limited in style and are fifty bucks and up. Plus they are only to be had on line.

So Hun, I do feel for you. :hugs:

I was to a gender conference once, and there were maybe a half a dozen giants there who looked pretty good.

Sharon B.
08-11-2007, 07:04 AM
I'm 6"-4" in my bare feet and I do enjoy wearing heels, the few times I have gone out I have worn long dresses or suits below the knee. Anything shorter would accent that you are tall and bring unwanted attention to yourself.
Just my two cents worth.

Lilith Moon
08-11-2007, 07:13 AM
FWIW, my wife is six feet tall in bare feet and she looks great. She does tower above people in her heels but has only occasionally had adverse comments about her height. At the few fetish events we have been to she is like a crossdresser magnet, probably because she gives hope to us tall girls :heehee:

Stlalice
08-11-2007, 07:39 AM
The thing to remember is that like everyone else out there, women come in all shapes and sizes. I'm 6'4" and am transitioning to living full time as a woman. Incidentally, there are two natal women at my church who are taller than me! Yes its a pain to find clothes that fit and look right - but not impossible either, just more expensive. Point I'm making is that yes you will draw a certain amount of attention on account of your height. I tend to stick with heels in the 1 to 2" range and skirt hem lengths just below the knee to mid calf. For pants Lands End is a life saver - on some of their stuff you can get up to a 34" inseam. As for the guys at church who complain about my being tall and wearing heels? My attitude is that it is their problem - not mine. So hold your head up - being an Amazon simply means that you have to work a little harder to look good. :2c:

MsJanessa
08-11-2007, 07:56 AM
I'm 5'11" so I am right on the cusp of being too tall but don't worry. One of the most beautifulT-Girl lovers I ever had was 6'4" in flats----much taller in heels----making love with her was one of the most exqusite pleasures of My life, but then I've always been turned on by tall ladies.

Dita_B
08-11-2007, 08:02 AM
You are not the tallest by a long shot...

Take a look here and you'll realize you are in good company.

http://www.tallwomen.org/models/

I am 6' 1.5" on bare feet and I go out in public all the time, in miniskirts. (see my profile picture)

Attention? Yes. Problem? NO.

:love:Dita.

jackieo
08-11-2007, 08:07 AM
tyra banks in heals is 6'5'' and know one seams to mind and most models are 5'11'' or taller by the rules. I'm 6'6'' and I only were heel that are no more than 2.5to3 and I have no problems I try not to stand near someone that is short or if at a club ill sit and blend in.
You would be surprised how much most people don't notice if you don't bring it to there attention.
love Jackie:be:
Ps I have some heals that are my favorites that are 5'' but that would make me almost 7 foot and in public that would stick out! LOL

christinewis
08-11-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm 6'4" and understand what you are going through. i am currently trying to find the right shoes to wear, heels or flats. don't give up. there are plenty wo\ho love us full figure gurls. christine

leggy_tiana
08-11-2007, 08:32 AM
I am 6'2' and have always felt a bit uneasy and self-conscious while out in public because of my height. It is important for me to blend in as much as possible, so when I go out in public my rule is to dress femininely classy and practical. I still wear my heels (2 or 3 inch), but my overall dressing fashion is conservative.

Billie1
08-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Being six-footish myself, I've found that the best thing a girl can put on is a confident smile, and hold my head high. Granted, I don't wear any heel taller than 3-inch (in public) but just being relaxed and loose deflects a lot of attention.

SophiaS
08-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I though there was no way I would ever go out being that Im 6'4" but in reading all the other girls stories I dont feel like its an impossibility anymore

Tamera
08-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I am 5'11" and I still watch what I wear so I am not to tall..GO FIGURE.... I don't wear anything past 3" heals and when I go to the malls most of the time I wear Blue Jean Hiphuggers and a pair of Fem Tennis shoes, there easier to walk in for long periods of time and don't give much heigth.

I have seen some real tall GG's though not to many that probably play basketball in school.

I know JC Penny has a tall section for clothes on their website. I'm sure there are others.

JamesAlan
08-11-2007, 11:40 AM
I used to work with a gg that was 6'5". I'd get a crick in my neck talking to her too long. My girlfriend is 6'1" and feels she is too tall. It makes her a little self conscious, but I remind her of my coworker and she brightens back up. I'm just going to hate it when my girlfriend wears heals around me...I'm 5'6" and will be at boob level with her. :( Guess I'll just have to climb or pull her down if I want a kiss. Don't worry about height, we all come in different shapes and sizes. Just enjoy being able to be yourself.

Julogden
08-11-2007, 11:57 AM
Hi Sam,

6'5" in my stocking feet here, I know exactly what you mean. Although I have been known to wear heels on rare occasions, I too usually go with flats or a low heel. If I wear my 4" heels, add in a wig, I'm topping out around 6'11" or 7'. Pass? Uh, no. Although I have passed when sitting and talking with people, but as soon as I stand up, it's all over.

But strangely, there have been a couple times when I was mistaken for a female when dressed as a man! Go figure.

Carol

Holly
08-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm over 6'2" and my wife is 4'11". When we are out together, we attract attention no matter how we're dressed. My attitude is, "If they want to look, give them something really nice to look at!"

Faith_G
08-11-2007, 05:21 PM
I'm just going to hate it when my girlfriend wears heals around me...I'm 5'6" and will be at boob level with her. :( That's a bad thing? :thinking:

tall sam
08-12-2007, 08:15 AM
Thanks for the responses - yes finding the right shoes is part of the challange. Trying to stay with close range of those normal heighted means wearing flats - I find this almost impossible in my size UK14. Any clues where to get nice femme flats in my size.

Yes, I also try and dress moderately conservatively, not like a **** and this does help although the height is a battle in finding nice clothes to fit!!

Noel Chimes
08-12-2007, 08:43 AM
I am 6' 1" in my stockings, but once the heels go on it's 6'4" easy. And every time I have been out I haven't had a problem with heigth restrictions. So head up walk proud. WE ARE THE NEW AMAZONS. WORSHIP US!!!!!!!!:yrtw::yrtw::yrtw:

trannie T
08-12-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm a petite 6'2". I'd like to hang out with some WNBA players so I could look short.

Dita_B
08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Trying to stay with close range of those normal heighted means wearing flats - I find this almost impossible in my size UK14. Any clues where to get nice femme flats in my size.

Try this outfit, I bought all my my shoes there (US 12W)

http://www.designershoes.com/designer/

Wait for the sales and subscribe to their newsletter. I am now looking for a pair of pretty ankle boots for the fall. They look sooo sexy under a miniskirt...

:love:Dita.

SandyR
08-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Hi Sam! 6' 2" here with a real bad love of heels. I try to tone it down with lower shoes, but over the years I have just learned to be me, comfortable. Pretty sure I stand out but I hope the comments are "wow, look at that tall woman.....".

Bottom line, its all about having fun.

Hugs.

SandyR

Cheryl T
08-12-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm a measley 5'12"...
I wear what goes with my outfit and that includes heels up to 4" high. I realize people stare because of my height but I no longer care. Now I just tell myself they're jealous of my height...and my beauty (LOL)...

As the song says...."Hold your head up"